CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron thebig is on a distinguished road thebig's Avatar

callaway gps difference

ive look a lot on the net to find difference between callaway gps model.i understand that you havepreloaded courses and all and a pro mode that cost you one time bla bla bla. but i saw there like 3 model the u pro, upro go,upro mx.

can someone tell me the diffenrence between them and tell me wich one you have.
    I just want to golf....that s it

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I have the upro go and use the basic mode only - no fees. I believe that the MX will replace the upro and the upro go and it has a touch screen.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The uPro MX is the newest model with the touchscreen. I have one.

It is quite small compared to the other devices and comes pre-loaded. You can buy the "ProMode" courses which get downloaded to the unit by the spectacularly crappy web based S/W interface that Callaway uses.

Did I mention that the S/W is crappy? The site was actually off-line for several months right when the MX device was launched. As result, owners of the device at that time got a bunch of free ProMode courses. I've downloaded some but haven't really used them yet.

They really need to fire who ever was in charge of the S/W. As an example, when you plug in the device it detects whether you have an ethernet connection on your computer and if the answer is yes it disables your WiFi. WTF? Some of us have our laptops connected via WiFi for a reason.

Anyway, the device itself is nice. Very small and accurate. The touchscreen sensitivity could be better.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Pitching Wedge pw14 is on a distinguished road

ok it a lot to think of. i dont like when there crappy software to a gadget especially at the price and usage ill be doing with it. i would rather buy the model before the mx. i just wanted a gps that can track my club distance and also a scorecard. i kinda want like a hand held caddy lol i guess . any other suggestion on gps?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    The uPro MX is the newest model with the touchscreen. I have one.

It is quite small compared to the other devices and comes pre-loaded. You can buy the "ProMode" courses which get downloaded to the unit by the spectacularly crappy web based S/W interface that Callaway uses.

Did I mention that the S/W is crappy? The site was actually off-line for several months right when the MX device was launched. As result, owners of the device at that time got a bunch of free ProMode courses. I've downloaded some but haven't really used them yet.

They really need to fire who ever was in charge of the S/W. As an example, when you plug in the device it detects whether you have an ethernet connection on your computer and if the answer is yes it disables your WiFi. WTF? Some of us have our laptops connected via WiFi for a reason.

Anyway, the device itself is nice. Very small and accurate. The touchscreen sensitivity could be better.
    So you're saying the software makes the unit.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    So you're saying the software makes the unit.
    Yes and no.

The unit itself is just fine. If you never needed to upload Pro Mode courses or upgrade the S/W on the unit then it wouldn't matter.

For people who use the score/shot tracking features, then the S/W becomes a factor.

For people who use the score/shot tracking features, then the S/W becomes a factor
    and ill be or want to use those features. do they only come in the mx model the scorecard and shot tracker?

To give you an idea of how bad the uPro MX software is, I received the following mail from Callaway. If somebody on the uPro team was not fired for this debacle, they need to be. This is "How not to launch a product" 101.

Dear upro mx owner,

Callaway Golf is committed to providing golfers with high-quality products grounded in the use of innovative technologies. This commitment extends beyond our products to cover the overall experiences of our customers, and we have learned that our new upro mx golf GPS device has presented some users with technical challenges. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we want to make it right.

Please know that we stand behind upro mx and will continue to fully support it for those who have adopted the device and are pleased with its functionality. In addition, we are working diligently on a software update that will improve the user experience. But given Callaway's high standards and promise to deliver best-in-class products and services, we are voluntarily withdrawing the upro mx from the market. For those who are not satisfied with the upro mx, we are offering a return and reimbursement on the upro mx device, authorized accessories and course packages to eligible consumers.
    Return Form

We remain committed to using advanced technology to produce next-generation golf GPS devices and we take your trust in our Brand seriously. We're also looking forward to introducing future products that advance this exciting area of technology in the sport of golf.

In the meantime, there are resources to help you learn more about the return process including an online page where you can begin the return process if you choose, FAQ's, and access to our Customer Service team. Please note, this offer is only available through 9/30/2011 (U.S. and Canada) and it does not include the original uPro or uPro Go devices and accessories.

Thank you for your time; we value your opinions and are working hard to deliver the best products, services and experience for you and every golfer.
    Last edited by jvincent; 08-02-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    To give you an idea of how bad the uPro MX softere is, I received the following mail from Callaway. If somebody on the uPro team was not fired for this debacle, they need to be. This is "How not to launch a product" 101.
    wow, that's insane.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information