100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar

Harrison Shotmaker

Ok, driver Ho's, anyone using this?

If so, what's your opinion?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Well to my surprise my buddy had a few extras after he shipped out all his orders. Now I'm not sure which model he installed but I told him 105-110SS with fairly aggressive transition. I opted to not have the counter weight installed and as I thought, a mere 4gms doesn't affect feel.

I can't really speak to much of performance as this product is really intended to do one thing (reduce spin) and it does so well. It won't fix a bad swing but it helps ease the results of a bad swing.

Any poor swing I made generally headed in one direction. There was no real curve to the shot. Generally this mis-hit was a push or pull, no hooks or slices (that isn't to say you can't work the ball, which I did a few times when intended).

Best thing about the Shotmaker is its ability to turn a so-so shot into a good one. There is a 450yd par 4 at my course and if I hit a good one I have 170 or less for my approach. Yesterday I hit a bit of a low draw off the toe and thought to myself I would have 185-200 in. To my surprise I had about 160 or so in. The reduced spin this creates gives you plenty of roll when the ball hits the ground. I noticed this on a few other shots throughout the round.

It did take a few swings to adjust to it, though. With its ability to stiffen the tip section, coupled with the fact my AXE shaft is quite tip stiff already, I realized I had to put just a little extra into each swing to keep the shot from pushing right. I think this would work ideally in a soft tipped shaft to keep your launch angle, but reduce your spin.

Am I sold on it, I'm not sure. Nothing beats a fundamentally sound swing, but this sure helps when you don't have one of those.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information