100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Great Close To 2004 Season

Well, I'm not giving up on the possibility of going out one last time, but the weather is starting to look bleak.

To finish up my season, I was fortunate enough to pair up with Farzin and head out to Pineview. When we got there, there was all kinds of BS about them not renting out power carts past noon, pull carts had to be returned by 4, and the starter had his hands full with overcrowding. (Almost ended up in a fight, as one of the guys we eventually teed off with got all hot and bothered that a late arriving single was being put into the twosome that was on deck...)

It was the first time since the SOGA trip that I finished a beer before hitting a ball....

Anyway, following a pair of less-than-spectacular tee shots, things started looking up. Farzin kicked off the round in brilliant style, as he holed out a birdie on the first hole from about 65 yards out and in the rough.

From there, he got to -2 through 3 holes.

Now, scoring matters in competition and to gauge one's own performance versus the course. That having been said, the pressure was off and the fun began...

Although by the end of the day we were both over our personal best scores (I shot 86, Farzin 80), it bears noting that our last 3 holes were played in near complete darkness.

Without the ability to see what was in front of us, we relied on pin-point accuracy to avoid losing balls and blowing up our scores with penalties. Between the two of us, we went + 1 through those holes, with Farzin scoring 3 pars, and myself with two pars and a bogey.

Gotta love Autumn golf!!!

Have a safe and happy offseason everyone! Look forward to more of the same in about 11 months (I think that's how long winter is up here....)

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Indeed It was a great season ending, specially the three holes we played in complete dark, walked towards the green, and founnd the balls on the green or on the fringe. Taught me something though, never mind where the ball goes, just make sure you hit the ball solid, it will be where it was intended to be. The beers before, during and after the round in the dark outside the clubhouse were even better. Had a great time and another pass out when I got home.
    cheers
    Can't wait untill next time.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Sounds like a fun time despite the wait. Wish I could have joined you guys. Perhaps for some simulated golf in the winter.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proforged
    Sounds like a fun time despite the wait. Wish I could have joined you guys. Perhaps for some simulated golf in the winter.
    Would definitely be up for that bud. Let's keep in touch!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Although I haven't given up hope for one more round of outdoor game, Sunday plus 9, but definately indoor season is here sooner than later. If not an outdoor game for sure a simulator game soon.
    It just hit me. season is over. :shake :shake :shake

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Played my first indoor round Nov. 12th at Golf-O-Max. Was a great time as per usual as the beer was flowing and going down smoothly, however still not quite the same as the outdoor game. Gotta love those 12ft. gimmies!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

Talking storybook ending

Played my last round of 2004 today Nov 23rd with an ace on the second hole of the executive at Pineview from 105 yds-how's that for a storybook ending!! . My apoligies to the group putting out on #1 of the Reg. course as my screaming may have distracted them. Shot my best round ever of 63. Can't wait til next year!! Bring it on!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Congrats and that sure is a great way to finish the season.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Well, I'm not giving up on the possibility of going out one last time, but the weather is starting to look bleak.
    High on Sunday is going to be 9* or 6* depending on which weather forecast you trust, so as long as the rain isn't too bad...

Nice shooting there, guys! I got in a round this morning at Falcon Ridge before the rain got heavy (had to try out the new clubs). Hardly anyone on the course - finished in under 2 1/2 hours! They have no holes on the greens - just the flagstick stuck in the ground - so your ball has to touch the flagstick to count as "in the hole". Never seen that before - a good way to practice your putting accuracy.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    (had to try out the new clubs).
    How were they?
    Are they for sale yet el tigre or not until a few more rounds?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    How were they?
    Are they for sale yet el tigre or not until a few more rounds?
    They were nice. It'll be a tough choice between the MacGregors, the Adams GTs and Proforged's X14 Pros. I might have to keep two sets!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Thread Information