+ Reply to Thread
    Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar

you know it's hot when....

I had an invite to play Camelot this afternoon and whimped out because of the heat and humidity.

Is anyone actually playing golf this afternoon? If you are I salute you..you hardcore golf addicts

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I'll be out at Rivermead after work with a spare towel on the bag
    Even I've never heard of me

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    If I was off today I'd for sure be golfing! I don't let the heat get to me. If after 9 I was heating up a bit I'd grab a cart for the back 9.

Its currently 43*C with the humidex...forecast to reach 47*C. Thats just a little too warm for my pasty English constitution..lol.

Camelot actually sent out an email adivsing they have pulled their staff off the course (including cart girls) because it was too extreme. They were giving out free water at the first tee and at the turn.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Plus 36 (going to 38 and 49 with the humidex) at Canada's wonderland today. Surprise no lineups for the rides. Waterpark here we come!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm heading over for 18 at Renfrew this aft. I plan to walk, wear no sunscreen, and enjoy a few cold beers. I love the summer. Hardened drinkers like me are used to feeling dehydrated.
    Andrew

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I just walked 4 blocks here downtown to see my clinets and I am melting.
    Anyone golfing today is way more hardcore than me.
    I will golf in anything but this heat and humidity.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    It's not even a question of manliness. It is dangerously hot and heat stroke and heat exhaustion are very possible when the heat is this extreme.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    I am playing Augusta National from the comforts of my air conditioned man cave!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

I broke down and took a cart. It was quite pleasant actually. Feel fine. Had 3 beers and a bottle of water. Gorgeous out there, and the ball is flying far.
    Andrew

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I am currently on holiday in London Ontario visiting my father who has just moved in to a beautiful home on the 13th fairway of the Riverbend Golf and Country Club. It reached 39 C today without the humidex and, if you can believe it, they ran a charity TOURNAMENT here today with 128 golfers hitting the links to fight cancer!!!!

IMHO, that is just charity gone awry....risk the lives of some to raise money in support of saving lives of others?

But there they were....all dressed in pink, foursome after foursome after foursome. Sorry guys, I love the game too and believe in good causes...but that was just a little bit ridiculous!!!!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Played my usual 18 holes this afternoon and ball game tonight. Even up north it is unusually hot and humid. Today was 33°C (42°C with humidex).... I love the heat... not as much the humidity... Tomorrow should be 28°C (feels like 32°C)... more golf...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

You guys realize its much hotter than this in Phoenix for the entire month of July? Its hot, but its not deadly. All the golf courses are open there. I wouldn't recommend a senior or a child spend all day out there, but there are lots of seniors that do. I met up with 2 old guys today in fact who walked 27 holes and carted their last 9.
    Andrew

yes tomorrow should be a bit more palatable. I remember a poll some time back asking if you prefer to golf in extreme heat of below 10*C. I definately prefer the cooler weather because you can prepare for it and dress appropriately....when it's 45*C I just wilt and cant get any relief....all I wanted to do today was sit on a patio and alternate pints of Stella with pints of water lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    You guys realize its much hotter than this in Phoenix for the entire month of July? Its hot, but its not deadly. All the golf courses are open there. I wouldn't recommend a senior or a child spend all day out there, but there are lots of seniors that do. I met up with 2 old guys today in fact who walked 27 holes and carted their last 9.
    Without getting into a "its not the heat/cold its the humididty/damp" debate I think there is a difference..at least for me personally. When its hot and humid like today I just find it energy sapping and really exhausting. I spent a short time in Madrid some years back and it got so hot during the day (often well into the 40s*C) but it was bone achingly dry...much like phoenix I would guess.
    It just didn't seem as bad...in fact I used to go running in Madrid...the thought of running today makes me want another Stella!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    You know its hot when your oreo cookies dont stick together, vanilla just melted
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    I walked 27 holes yesterday at 38c with humidex,lots of water,lots,was very enjoyable.Today I thought about it but it was way worse,stayed put.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    ...But there they were....all dressed in pink, foursome after foursome after foursome. Sorry guys, I love the game too and believe in good causes...but that was just a little bit ridiculous!!!!
    Ridiculous! I wouldn't be caught dead in pink.

7 Wood strong49 is on a distinguished road strong49's Avatar
    Yesterday we played Buckingham walking me and my bro .

He shot 76 and a 74 for myself which is my best personnal. Bring on the heat

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    worked outside for 10 hours each of the last 2 days. Golfing would have been a comfortable, luxurious break.

Thread Information