CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Over the top...

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Over the top...

Seem to be pulling the ball a lot more than previous years. Could be many causes, including fitness, back/hip issues or just trying too hard. Is there a quick tip/drill I can do to keep my club on line. Is the "towel under the arm" to keep your right elbow tucked in one drill, or am I confusing that with something else... Thanks in advance.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    One way is to put your right foot about 10" to 12" behind your left foot... both feet should be perpendicular from the swing path (or close to it).

What it does is that you will have to swing from inside out (or you will fall over...lol)... take a lot of swing and then return to your normal stance... hopefully your body will remember your swing path...

Another way is to hit golf from an uphill stance... same thing happens... if you go from out to in you will fall over... that is why when swinging uphill most time you will hit the ball straight...

The first drill is the one I prefer and I still go back to it once in a while... don't worry to look foolish on the driving range and you will be surprise how far the ball goes...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Make sure that your arms are working down from the top of the backswing. Instead of putting the towel under your arms roll the towel up and place it on the outide of the ball on a slight angle.... kind of like this... \. Have the ball at the fornt of the towel and close enought to it so that if you come over the top the club will hit the towel.

Thread Information