CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Window Company

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Window Company

Hey everyone, does anybody know of a good well priced window company ? With this rain we're getting, 1 of my 20 year old window frames (bay window) is starting to leak in the house. Thanks.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar

windows

i have had great service from comfort king,top notch warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by covanant
    i have had great service from comfort king,top notch warranty.
    Thanks, I'll look them up.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Hey EDS, let me know how it goes. One of my windows leaked earlier in the summer, 4 year old house though. I went out on the roof, and reed around the window and wooden frames and it seems better. Lemme know what they do and what kind of prices you get if you don't mind.

You may wanna check the ing around the exterior of the window hough. Could save you some $$$
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I got one quote yesterday for $6900 plus GST for the whole house includes 2 big windows, and 9 regular windows. Getting 2 more quotes next Monday. There is a space (1-2 inches) between the bricks and window frame on the outside and I believe that is where it is coming in, I could use "mono", but the windows are over 20 years old and getting moldy, etc. Will make a final decision to buy or put a band aid on it and will let you know what I do Weazl.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl
    Hey EDS, let me know how it goes. One of my windows leaked earlier in the summer, 4 year old house though. I went out on the roof, and reed around the window and wooden frames and it seems better. Lemme know what they do and what kind of prices you get if you don't mind.

You may wanna check the ing around the exterior of the window hough. Could save you some $$$
    Wouldn't that be covered under the New Home Owners Warranty if the house is pnly 4 years old? Warranty is good for 7 years.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69
    Wouldn't that be covered under the New Home Owners Warranty if the house is pnly 4 years old? Warranty is good for 7 years.

I looked in my guide and could not locate anything that said the windows were still covered. From whatI could tell, and correct me anybody if I'm wrong as this is my first house, it lookslike some things are covered for 2 years, others 7. I think windows were in the 2 year category.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl
    I looked in my guide and could not locate anything that said the windows were still covered. From whatI could tell, and correct me anybody if I'm wrong as this is my first house, it lookslike some things are covered for 2 years, others 7. I think windows were in the 2 year category.
    As I recall, you are correct. Some things are covered by the warranty for 7 years but I think it is mainly structrural things - e.g. foundation, framing. Windows are usually covered by the window manufacturer's warranty - typically a couple of years.

I've had similar minor problems with my bay window in our 9 year old house. We get some leakage when we get driving rain from a very specific direction. After many, many tests of spraying the window with a hose I discovered the problem was actually in the second storey windows above the downstairs bay window. The water was leaking through an upstairs window and entering the house above the bay window. I fixed the problem by applying caulk to the seams between the window frame and house and between the window and window frame. I check it annually to make sure the caulk has not cracked.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Don't know if this will help. They have signs posted all over town. Basically their add says: do not replace your windows. New technology. Moisture resistant. 20 years warranty. 613-821-0135 888-776-8885.
    Hope this helps.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Don't know if this will help. They have signs posted all over town. Basically their add says: do not replace your windows. New technology. Moisture resistant. 20 years warranty. 613-821-0135 888-776-8885.
    Hope this helps.
    Ive looked into this. For 20 year old windows, probably not the best. They cut a small hole in the window and install a "minifan" to dry it out. not sure if they are all the same though. Apparently doesnt really affect the R-value of the window, but with a 20 year old house, your better off getting brand new window with a better r-value, your heating bill should go down too.

Thread Information