100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

I must be out to get myself

I 3 putted at least 9 greens today...just couldn't get the speed. It wasn't a banner day tee to green other than in consistency, I was keeping the ball in play and was on or on the fringe on 12 holes. If I had have held the putts to 2 on every green I would have broke 80 for the first time.

Now I was pretty far away on most of those greens, but still.

On the back I hit 7 greens and shot 9 over, I kid you not...

Yesterday I would have said chipping and lag putting was the strongest part of my game. I almost think I need a sports shrink lol.

Keep finding new ways to shoot in the high 80s, grrr...

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    It could be a LOFT issue. Ive come to grips with mine as well.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

well my putter is too heavy, but can usually actually putt with it most of the time...not today. the greens were really hard to read though, but still, man...

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    lol , not sure Wknd knows what the acronym stands for ?? shoot him a pm no kids

Got it

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    lol , not sure Wknd knows what the acronym stands for ?? shoot him a pm no kids
    Lol , i did shortly after my post.

http://www.golfjokes.com/jokes/golfjoke.cfm?jokeid=44
    You only get out of something what you put into it

so today I'm standing on the 17th tee 9 over for the day. Not great, I feel I hacked and slashed my way there, but short game was tight so I kept the damage down. Missed a 2-3 footer for birdie on the 14th. Being realistic, it's a good round for me. Two par 4s left.

So I skank my tee shot, worst shot on that hole in a couple years. Fluff the next into the hazard. By the time I've made a laxidazical chip and I think 3 putts it's an 8. Tee it up on the 18th, hit the worst drive ever I think. Two smother hooks OB and a then into the bunker to back the 8 up with a 9, for a grand total of, wait for it.....18 over!

At least my cap dropped half a scroke by the time I EC'd the score, although I'm starting to wonder if I have any right capping myself at a double.

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wknd_Warrior View Post
    so today I'm standing on the 17th tee 9 over for the day. Not great, I feel I hacked and slashed my way there, but short game was tight so I kept the damage down. Missed a 2-3 footer for birdie on the 14th. Being realistic, it's a good round for me. Two par 4s left.

So I skank my tee shot, worst shot on that hole in a couple years. Fluff the next into the hazard. By the time I've made a laxidazical chip and I think 3 putts it's an 8. Tee it up on the 18th, hit the worst drive ever I think. Two smother hooks OB and a then into the bunker to back the 8 up with a 9, for a grand total of, wait for it.....18 over!

At least my cap dropped half a scroke by the time I EC'd the score, although I'm starting to wonder if I have any right capping myself at a double.
    Maybe changing the approach on the last 2 holes would have been something to consider...ie teeing off with a hybrid/iron and
    pretend your hanging on to a 2 shot lead

They are already both iron tee shots for me. I must have come through the ball with the club face 30 degrees open on both of them. Basically when I toe fluffed my second shot on 17 into the hazard I was done lol. I have to work on a better heart.
    pretend your hanging on to a 2 shot lead
    I usually don't like playing head games with myself, but that wouldn't have been the worst idea. The irony was I sort of did have a 2 shot lead, even doubling out I would have carded the best round this season. I hope to do much better soon though.

Did a little better today, tripled the 17th but held the 18th to par lol. Although I had a 5 footer for bird that needed one more turn to drop, lost my putting on the back nine. I'm now a legitimate 13.3 though , although Champlain, where most of my rounds are, suites my game better than a lot of other courses. Plan is to get that down to 4 or 5 this summer so I can compete next year.

I still lost my swing, at least my driver swing, near the end of the round, not as bad though and managed to stripe it down the pipe on the 18th, so...

Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar
    I had 3-putts on 8 greens Sunday!

Must admit, with all of my driving range practice, and chipping practice,
    I have neglected the putter.

Lots of work to do before my next round!!

ya, if I putted well today on the back nine it would have been a banner round, even with all the lousy shots.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Well to add to the misery I have, after 10 years of golf, developed a new shot in my arsenal. The shank. WHAT THE . I've been working on the cure at the range and it's going well. At the same time this is happening I am putting better than at any time in my life. I do love this game but I really have never figured out why.....

After fearing the right at the end of my last round, I promptly hooked every other drive or 3 wood OB. I had at least 6 rehits today and butchered just about every par 5. One of them was a "god knows what - X" on the card that included one of the day's few slices that crossed two fairways into the woods never to be found. I managed to not give up though and it payed off with two birdies on the back to salvage and almost passable round.

Trevino is right, I'd rather fight a slice than a hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    Well to add to the misery I have, after 10 years of golf, developed a new shot in my arsenal. The shank. WHAT THE . I've been working on the cure at the range and it's going well. At the same time this is happening I am putting better than at any time in my life. I do love this game but I really have never figured out why.....
    Every round seems tp put pressure on a different area than the last. It's like, "if I could putt like I did yesterday"...but yesterday there was no pressure cause you were 3 off the tee all day long so...

Thread Information