CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar

Wink Hitting it a country mile!

Hey guys,

This isn't really a question or anything. Just wanted to share as my wife doesn't appreciate what I am trying to tell her! hahaha.

I went golfing twice this week, and after struggling with my driver the last month or so (and normally its my most consistent club) I started hitting it well again! Well, better than well.

I have been letting my wrists hinge a little more in my swing and now I am driving the ball a ridiculous length!

I have been to two courses and at the first course I was thinking all the distance markers were wrong, even though looking back at the tee box I was thinking damn thats far! After going to Cascades Thursday and hitting over two par 4's and being on the green putting for eagle on two par 5's I began to realize that the distance markers aren't lying. My brother and friend were with me and they couldn't believe this! Like, I hit the ball and couldn't see it land... On the day I hit my driver a total of 10 times and recorded 9 drives from 290-the longest being 334yds!! I was using driver, 60*, and the putter

Last week I was hitting my driver anywhere from 250-280yds and very inconsistent. I have had drives in the past hit the 300yd mark, but not consistently!

Anyway, just had to share as my wife is getting sick of hearing it! She doesn't understand how far that really is! Dont mean this to sound like i'm gloating or anything, just excited!!!

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

Agent99
    Congrats! That's really impressive. From one lefty to another - way to go! XD

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    See, it works when you close your eyes...lol! Congrats...wish I could 'find the groove' with my new driver!!!!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Thanks guys!
    Just another lefty....

Lob Wedge jmayo16 is on a distinguished road jmayo16's Avatar
    I had an experience yesterday along those lines. I was in a best ball tournament and struggled for the first 8 or 9 holes getting off the tee. im usually a long ball hitter but i was losing distance on my drives and pulling alot of tee shots. I was really frustrated and decided just to swing as hard as i could off the tee. Im not sure what it corrected but i was hitting the ball a mile! was on the fringe of a 330 par 4 (had a little help from the wind though) and hit a 535 yard par 5 in 2 hitting driver, 7iron to 10 feet (but of course missed the putt, luckily my teammate bailed me out!). such a great feeling when you find yourself hitting the ball so much further.

Congrats

I hear ya! I have been doing the opposite and not even trying to kill the ball, just a little more wrist hinge. Has worked wonders.. As well as holding the club more in my fingers as I have started to put it more into the palm for some reason.. Noticed this last week and changed it and now couldn't be happier. Golf is soo much easier when you are playing a par 4 from the fringe :p

Hope it lasts for the both of us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmayo16 View Post
    I had an experience yesterday along those lines. I was in a best ball tournament and struggled for the first 8 or 9 holes getting off the tee. im usually a long ball hitter but i was losing distance on my drives and pulling alot of tee shots. I was really frustrated and decided just to swing as hard as i could off the tee. Im not sure what it corrected but i was hitting the ball a mile! was on the fringe of a 330 par 4 (had a little help from the wind though) and hit a 535 yard par 5 in 2 hitting driver, 7iron to 10 feet (but of course missed the putt, luckily my teammate bailed me out!). such a great feeling when you find yourself hitting the ball so much further.

Congrats
    Just another lefty....

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I can confirm jmayo16's statements as I was there. The second shot 7 iron on the par 5 was from 220 out !!

he also hit a 340 drive into the wind on a 410 yrd par 4 , we had 70 yds left in and as mentioned almost hit the green on a shorter par 4 ( 340ish ) ~2yards short

& he has a very high ball flight on his drives so not much roll either.
    Last edited by cleek; 07-11-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: word smith

Well..... the golf gods giveth and then they taketh away... everything! Not only do I not get any distance with my shots but now I am inconsistently hitting the ball and misses are going left and right... complete disaster on the course today.. too bad, had great company today.
    Just another lefty....

Thread Information