CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar

Creepy golf dude

Had a creepy experience at Champlain Golf Club this am. My son and I are walking on the cart path (through the woods) between 1st green and 2nd tee. This guy appears out of nowhere, holding a ball in his hand, and doesn't have any clubs.

Creepy dude: ''Do you know what time it is?''

Me: ''Its 7:35''.

Creepy dude: ''Wow, that's really early isn't it?'' (I'm like wtf???).

He then says ''Wow, you brought your son golfing with you this morning?'' with a huge creepy grin on his face. At this point, I don't answer and we just walk past him. He follows us for a bit, and then turns around.

My son and I tee off on the 2nd, and before heading out to our balls, I decide to go have a look back to see what he is up to. I see him hiding in the woods and watching the next group behind us on the first hole. At that point I called the clubhouse from my cell phone ''Pick up creepy dude please''...

I shudder to think what would have happened if my son would have been golfing alone. I asked my son: ''What would you have done if you would have been alone and someone like that guy tried to attack you?''. His reply ''7-iron to the head and run like hell''.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    That is creepy and the strangest story from this area I have ever heard.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    That is creepy and the strangest story from this area I have ever heard.
    I just kept wondering ''What if my son would have been alone'', or what about a lone female golfer? Who knows what he was up to, but it really gave me a good spook.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Now that's creepy/weird. Did you enquire at the clubhouse when you were done about what they did with him?

Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Now that's creepy/weird. Did you enquire at the clubhouse when you were done about what they did with him?
    No, unfortunately I didn't. I didn't want to make this any weirder for my son than it already was.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I was at Chateau Cartier with LeftyLuc a couple years ago and there was a bum looking for golfballs. My apologies if you're reading this Mr. Bum, but that's what you looked like.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I was at Chateau Cartier with LeftyLuc a couple years ago and there was a bum looking for golfballs. My apologies if you're reading this Mr. Bum, but that's what you looked like.
    Must be the same guy I saw at Hautes Plaines earlier this year...friggun scared the crap out of me on hole #12

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    OK that is really weird.... and tell your son GOOD ANSWER.....

Well this guy was actually dressed (somewhat) like a golfer. In fact, when he first approached us, I thought he was one of the 2 golfers that we were following. It is only when I got to the 2nd tee and I saw the two golfers on the green that it really sunk in what was going on.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    That is creepy!!!, Are you sure he wasn't a Marshall, they are always in the bush looking for golfballs....

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Marshalls? At Champlain???

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I wasn't thinking...

I doubt it. There weren't any golf carts anywhere nearby. He also talked to us in perfect English (my son and I were speaking French just prior to his apparition). I think if he would have been a Marshall, he would have talked to us in French.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post
    Must be the same guy I saw at Hautes Plaines earlier this year...friggun scared the crap out of me on hole #12
    is that the par 3 on the back over the ravine? I met some freaky guy scavaging golf balls there a few years back.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Nope, its the 2nd hole uphill about 130yds or so

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    tThe guy we saw at Cartier has no teeth and sells balls on St Joseph near t&e Mega Car dealership. He is at every golf course 8n the QC area. He is weird.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The person you are refering to is a friend of mines brother. While he is scary at times, he is a special needs person and he makes a living out of selling used golf balls near les H.P.
    He is not the most friendly and polite guy but I assure you he is harmless to say the least. The good thing is that you can buy back your ProV's from him.
    Hard not to judge people on first impressions I agree and I admit when you dont know him he is kind of different but arent we all.

Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    No....it's the dogleg par 4 right before the par 3 over the ravine.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    is that the par 3 on the back over the ravine? I met some freaky guy scavaging golf balls there a few years back.
    I hear you. I wasn't judging him...just stating that he came out of the bush right behind me on hole#12 and I almost took off sprinting. Even after almost having a heart attack I asked him how he was doing and got no response...figured he may have been special needs. Regardless, it's a great way to make some money...especially at HP...there must be hundreds of balls down some of those gulleys in the woods....many of them mine .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    The person you are refering to is a friend of mines brother. While he is scary at times, he is a special needs person and he makes a living out of selling used golf balls near les H.P.
    He is not the most friendly and polite guy but I assure you he is harmless to say the least. The good thing is that you can buy back your ProV's from him.
    Hard not to judge people on first impressions I agree and I admit when you dont know him he is kind of different but arent we all.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thats O.k Mike, I just wanted people to know who he is. By the way,some of his Prov's are almost like new, only hit once LOL. I encourage golfers to buy from him.He sets up around HP or St-Joseph and Freeman road. He has all grades of balls and no taxes on your purchase.LOL

I hear you. I wasn't judging him...just stating that he came out of the bush right behind me on hole#12 and I almost took off sprinting. Even after almost having a heart attack I asked him how he was doing and got no response...figured he may have been special needs. Regardless, it's a great way to make some money...especially at HP...there must be hundreds of balls down some of those gulleys in the woods....many of them mine .[/QUOTE]

Thread Information