100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter slideguide is on a distinguished road

Half season membership??

Unfortunately, the golf season is pretty much half over here in Eastern Ontario (sobb sobb) and I am wondering if anyone knows of any golf courses in/around Ottawa that offer half season memberships. I am 31, so I am looking to save some $$ by getting on as an intermediate at a course. I'm located in the westend so not looking to drive more than a half hour.

I just moved here from Vancouver and really love how easy it is to get on courses if you call the same day. Just gonna miss golfing year round

Thanks!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    No way !!!! Most of the people here will play untill the snow flies. We are a tough bunch and we take pride in playing in snow,sleet freezing rain etc... LOL
    Seriously, i am not aware of half season memberships,only discount golf companys like Reservation Masters,Golfxtra,Executive golf and Corporate golf.
    This will save you a lot of $$$.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Depending at which point in the season you join Clublink, you'll pay a prorated amount. I think I paid $800 at the end of July to join HP for the rest of the year. Best money I ever spent b/c I got 50 + rounds in from that point on.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Sand Wedge zebra69 is on a distinguished road zebra69's Avatar
    mountain creek is offering 1/2 season memberships

Putter slideguide is on a distinguished road
    thanks guys. Zebra69, I call mountain season and you're right....$275 for half season right now. Pretty cheap but it's a good 40 minutes from me. I guess not all that bad considering the price though right!

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road
    The Canadian offers a 2 for 1 membership for 2011 until the end of july. Details on their web site.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    A lot won't advertise a 1/2 season membership, but calling and asking (ask the GM not the proshop) will probably get you a rate for the remainder of the season.

edit: should have said, I've done this before.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    As long as the snow fall does not accumulate, it is not unusual to play into December in the Ottawa area, even though a lot of the courses are offically closed by then. However, there are plenty of diehards who will continue to play until absolutely no course remains open. Even then, some have been know to drive to Syracuse (3 hours or so) to play a round. You'll find many of those never-say-die players in the National Capital Golf Tour. Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by slideguide View Post
    Unfortunately, the golf season is pretty much half over here in Eastern Ontario (sobb sobb) and I am wondering if anyone knows of any golf courses in/around Ottawa that offer half season memberships. I am 31, so I am looking to save some $$ by getting on as an intermediate at a course. I'm located in the westend so not looking to drive more than a half hour.

I just moved here from Vancouver and really love how easy it is to get on courses if you call the same day. Just gonna miss golfing year round

Thanks!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Thread Information