CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

New number one hole Chateau Cartier

Played yesterday and was told the new num. one hole will open in 2 weeks.
    Pretty short and simple par 4 situated at the far end of the driving range.
    The new tee box for number two par 5 hole is right besides it and has cut the lenght of it to where I think it will become a par four. Greens overall are very,very,very slow and rough was longer than usual. One of the workers told me that they have concentrated on the new hole and have not had time to work on rest of course.It should be fine once all the work is completed.Not very busy for a beautifull Sunday afternoon.

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    The new tee box for number two par 5 hole is right besides it and has cut the lenght of it to where I think it will become a par four.
    When I played there on Friday, I was on the green in 2 strokes. Any par 5 where **I** get on the green in 2 strokes is definitely a par 4
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I agree with you, i also was on in two, 3 wood and 6 iron and that does not happen on a normal par 5. lol

Quote Originally Posted by triple-bogey View Post
    When I played there on Friday, I was on the green in 2 strokes. Any par 5 where **I** get on the green in 2 strokes is definitely a par 4

Pitching Wedge casconem is on a distinguished road
    Playing there after work today - looking forward to getting out in the sun. Not super encouraged by the mediocre reviews though! Hopefully they get the place cleaned up soon

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played yesterday and was told the new num. one hole will open in 2 weeks.
    Pretty short and simple par 4 situated at the far end of the driving range.
    The new tee box for number two par 5 hole is right besides it and has cut the lenght of it to where I think it will become a par four. Greens overall are very,very,very slow and rough was longer than usual. One of the workers told me that they have concentrated on the new hole and have not had time to work on rest of course.It should be fine once all the work is completed.Not very busy for a beautifull Sunday afternoon.
    yea, nothing special about the new hole, but it'll be nice to have it back to 18. hope they plan on putting a net up for the range tho, that fairway for the new #1 was littered with range balls when i played there sunday.

rest of the course was in good shape, altho definatly a step down than usual. it shows that they're focusing on getting the course back to 18 holes as they're priority. give it a few more weeks and im sure it'll be back in it's usual form. you're bang on with the greens tho, super slow.

#2 is actually a par 4 now, clarified that withe the starter on sunday. so now it's a par 70 from the blues and 71 from the whites/reds.

Thanks for clearing that up Iggsplode, now it makes sense. What time did you tee-off and were you a foursome or threesome?

12:03, first exectuvie permitted spot allowed

we were a threesome, me, my buddy and step dad.

Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    12:03, first exectuvie permitted spot allowed

we were a threesome, me, my buddy and step dad.
    We were right behind you,my son my wife and I.

hah, cool.. hope we didnt keep you waiting too long. we couldnt gain any distance on you guys even tho we tried, you showed up behind us on #4 out of nowhere and were on our heels all day. we even talked about letting you play thru but figured there was no point as we got slowed down big time by the group in front of us right fromt he start, we waited on just about every tee on the front 9 for them to finish up.

We knew you werent the group holding us up as we could actually see the group ahead and figured what was going on. As far as getting away from us, your gonna have to play speed golf to get away from my wife.Wolrds fastest player. She doesnt slow down even when its warm. Makes me look like an old man. LOL.

hah, cool.. hope we didnt keep you waiting too long. we couldnt gain any distance on you guys even tho we tried, you showed up behind us on #4 out of nowhere and were on our heels all day. we even talked about letting you play thru but figured there was no point as we got slowed down big time by the group in front of us right fromt he start, we waited on just about every tee on the front 9 for them to finish up.

sooooo..... is the new #1 open yet? saw they had a flag on it the other day but havent heard any mention of it. booked to play there sunday.

sooooo..... is the new #1 open yet? saw they had a flag on it the other day but havent heard any mention of it. booked to play there sunday.
    It is open and is in pretty bad shape. Still needs alot of TLC.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Actually very brutal green. Lucky if you two putt from three ft.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

well i scored a birdie on the new #1.. not overly impressed with the hole tho, very driveable. all 3 of us in our group were either on or around the green.. maybe a frontside bunker is in order to make it tougher.

had a fun round and the course is in decent shape but certinaly a step down from what im used to there.

well i scored a birdie on the new #1.. not overly impressed with the hole tho, very driveable. all 3 of us in our group were either on or around the green.. maybe a frontside bunker is in order to make it tougher.

had a fun round and the course is in decent shape but certinaly a step down from what im used to there.
    Agreed, they definitely need to do something to bring in a challenge for that 1st hole. Right now, I think the biggest concern is the quality of that green. It is in terrible shape.

Concerning the overall quality, my brother came down last week and we played the Gat, Chateau and Kingsway. He said he preferred (by far) Chateau Cartier. It was a surprise to me because I personally like the Gat the most in that list of 3 courses.

yea it's bad. we actually thought there was a bunker behind the green when we teed off, turned out it was just the grass(?) on the back of the green.

i'm like you triple-bogey, i like gatineau best out of all the aylmer courses right now. it's going to be a real beauty when it matures and gets the proper facilities in place.

They are punching and top-dressing greens this morning. No warning of such at the pro-shop when I signed in. They had temporary greens at #4 and #5. The one on #5 was impossible to putt (they didn't get the cup level to the ground, so there was about a quarter inch lip all around the hole above ground)

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Being part of the resort that course has always had difficulty in providing top notch service and that includes advisories of top dressing. The trouble that hotel has seen in ownership over the last few years and the low budget for the golf course maintenance is once again rearing its ugly head. If they invested some serious dough and re-designed a couple of holes it would be great.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Being part of the resort that course has always had difficulty in providing top notch service and that includes advisories of top dressing. The trouble that hotel has seen in ownership over the last few years and the low budget for the golf course maintenance is once again rearing its ugly head. If they invested some serious dough and re-designed a couple of holes it would be great.
    Does anybody know if there is any truth to the rumor that CC has hired the same management as LVM, Champlain and Gat? It sure would explain a lot of things...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Not true.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    No truth to that rumor. But Iroquois Golf Club did.
    He who hits last, walks alone

4 Iron Keals is on a distinguished road
    They are punching and top-dressing greens this morning. No warning of such at the pro-shop when I signed in. They had temporary greens at #4 and #5. The one on #5 was impossible to putt (they didn't get the cup level to the ground, so there was about a quarter inch lip all around the hole above ground)
    What is the course like now? I'm looking to hit up a course after work today and seeing how i never played this track, I was wondering what the conditions are? Is there still temp greens set up? Are the greens even puttable?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I don't know about the new #1 green, but I chuckle when I drive by there and see the old #1 green trapped in a little corner behind a giant mountain of fill, and the road. It even looked (at 70km/h mind you) like it had been cut!
    Andrew

3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Well it's probably used as a sod nursery for the other greens
    He who hits last, walks alone

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I don't know about the new #1 green, but I chuckle when I drive by there and see the old #1 green trapped in a little corner behind a giant mountain of fill, and the road. It even looked (at 70km/h mind you) like it had been cut!
    Yes in fact they do cut it (saw a tractor on it this weekend).

3 Wood LeftyT is on a distinguished road LeftyT's Avatar
    Course is not in good conditions. Fairways were rock solid. Sprinklers were on the entire round. Some bad tee boxes. VERY SLOW and no warning of a tournament that day. We ended up playing a couple of holes twice and three times. Skipped a couple of holes as the group ahead of us were super slow! Never again!

Thread Information