100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Distance

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

No Distance

It seems suddenly this season I have lost all the distance I used to have especially with driver. I used to drive the ball consistently 240-260. Not always straigt but far enough. Now I am barely getting to 200. Most of the guys I was playing with this past weekend were hitting 3 and 4 irons longer than my driver. Any help is appreciated.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I noticed this with my driver as well...when I was tested at Callaway, they said that I was coming down on the ball with my driver....my ball would go out there and then fall out of the sky like a sack of potatoes...no roll..

Needed to work on coming through the ball...still a work in progress...lol

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Impossible to help without seeing your swing.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    There could be 100 reasons why you lost distance, but one could be that you are casting the club on the way down and losing all of your power. Go see a pro and have a lesson...they will tell ya.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I think of these things when hitting my driver....

-don't grip the club too tight, stay loose
    -concentrate on my form and hitting the ball in the sweet spot,
    -do not try to kill the ball b/c i'll lose distance and accuracy,
    -get in an athletic position, bend knees slightly
    -tempo, take it easy on the backswing and swing through the ball
    -Swimsuit models
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I can add to the last point Pablo, I think of female swimsuit models from Sports Illustrated
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    I try never to have more than 15 or 20 separate thoughts going through my head. My last one usually being about a woman that I met on a beach in Miami, you see we... (wait that's another story for a diffierent forum) LOL...

I got a lesson for the same issue. A gradual but noticeable loss of distance over time. For me the it was tension in my swing, and that I was trying to control my swing too much (maybe not the right way to explain it) What I was told was to reduce the tension in my my upper body accross my chest and shoulders, and to stop trying to direct or steer the club to ball. The lesson focused on swing plane and on a tension free swing. It took time and practice but after the lesson I could feel the difference and had something to work on when I was at the range. Lesson worked by the way back to my usual distances.

8 Iron Kyle_B is on a distinguished road Kyle_B's Avatar
    It's probably the clubs. The manufacturers install a self destructing chip that goes off at the end of the season so you will be forced to buy new clubs.

As far as thoughts, I listen to music so I don't really have any thoughts going through my head. I tend to almost black-out when I swing. It's weird. Then again, maybe that's the secret. My favorite driver is my R7 and I hit that consistently long and usually almost straight (working on it)

Thread Information