+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Tcalp is on a distinguished road

Print in Ottawa ~ first web commercial [feedback?]

Hey All,

I've been a member of the forums for a while but have never been much of a poster.

I have a printing & graphics design company and recently thought to put together a web commercial on the website, to be honest video production isn't something I have a lot of experience with but I figured some graphic design talents transition over (at least when dealing with computer generated video content).

Anyhow now that it's all taken care of I'm pretty anxious to get some feedback from others (who aren't friends, family, or co-workers). In trying to come up with a Ottawa based online user community I couldn't think of one more active then ottawagolf.

My goal for the ad wasn't so much to sell any particular product but to add some flair and get the viewer to be that more likely to get in touch with us via phone, e-mail or dropping by the office should it suit them.

I've posted it to the main page of our new website at http://www.printinottawa.com

So anyhow, if any of you have an extra few minutes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I like the style of the commercial, and the look is consistent throughout, just a few things:

#1 - I'm not sure if I were someone that stumbled onto this that I'd watch 1:19, especially w/ the first 25s being so slow. Who is the audience and where would they see it?

#2 - You're advertising high quality print, but showing really low quality print (since it's all chopped up and scattered ... talking about the stuff that starts at the 45s mark).

*edit* I should clarify, the quality is high on the commercial, and it is very clean, in #2 I'm just referring to the fact that the images have been chopped up, and are in low light.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Putter Tcalp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the comments Nat, I really appreciate it.

The audience is website visitors only, just intended to be something 'more interesting' to look at then a standard website. I do agree that is it a little long, I am a fan of film in general and wanted to give it sort of a movie trailer 'build-up' style, which I guess made it a little longer.

I know exactly what you mean with the video screen, unfortunately the 'chop' effect that has been applied to the text also applies to the video screens, maybe I can undo that somehow. I know I had to play quite a bit with the video lighting already due to the global light that is in the video.

I will continue to revise it some more this weekend.

Thread Information