CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar

2011 Intersectional Try Outs

Just wondering if everyone's (most) intersectional try-outs got under way this past weekend? We (Metcalfe) had our first 3 rounds Sat, Sun, and Mon. I think we have about 25 guys trying out. Last 3 chances are upcoming sat, sun, mon. we take best 2 of 3 rounds.

I played yesterday, shot 80 for 28 points, currently tied for 1st. 30 points was my goal, but 2 doubles killed that. Our top 2 players from last year are gone so we may be in tough. We are playing in the I division, our team will likely be made up handicaps from 6 to 15.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Ours get under way this weekend. We lost 4-6 of our regulars. We will be in real tough this year. Our players will range from 5 probably up to close to 20 this year for the 9,10 and alternate spots.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

First round in the books, and I believe I'm in the lead (although we only had 8 guys show up for the first round) with 28 pts. All the regulars are showing up this weekend for the two rounds. I plan on playing Sat so hopefully I can put up a good round and pretty much assure myself a spot.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    A buddy of mine had a 30 point day with an 81 on his card. A 10 on a par 3 will do that to you.
    Andrew

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Arnprior has round 1 in the books. 2nd round this Sunday 3rd round two weeks after that. 2 of 3 count. we are 1 pt for bogey, 2 for par, 3 for bird and 4 for eagle.

Allen Mcgee leads with 37 points,
    Taylor Collins, 33
    James Patterson 32
    Kevin Mulvhill 32
    Chris Bernard 31
    Jeff White 31
    Jason McCormick 30
    Cameron McIntosh 30
    Peter Duffy 29
    Me, Sean Moore, John Ackenhurst 28.

I think there are 4 more at 27!

In all 20 guys were 80 or better. Should make for great competition
    and a really nice team!

Metcalfe try-outs are now done. 2 of us tied for top spot with 58 points. I managed 30 points in my 2nd round, helped by an eagle, not helped by 3 doubles in the 1st 4 holes.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i am playing like a piece of
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    I think were playing you guys Brewcee, i got the 10th spot so I doubt ill be playing you.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    We had our first 2 rounds this weekend with the last 2 coming next weekend. I'm going to need a lot more than a pair of 25s to have a shot at making it . . here's hoping for some better golf.
    Even I've never heard of me

RE: Habsfan

They rank by handicap, not the order you make the team, so you never know. Based on my handicap (7) I will likely be playing in the 3rd or 4th spot. What club are you with?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcee View Post
    RE: Habsfan

They rank by handicap, not the order you make the team, so you never know. Based on my handicap (7) I will likely be playing in the 3rd or 4th spot. What club are you with?
    Hautes Plaines, im at 6.1 and probably the highest on the team

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Hautes Plaines, im at 6.1 and probably the highest on the team
    If you play in the 10 spot with a 6.1 you guys will mop the floor with us, and likely the other two clubs as well. I played in the 4 or 5 spot last year, won all 3 matches for 6 points, I would say the 3 guys I played all had similar handicaps to me, around 7. We lost our number 1 and number 2 from last year. For our team the 10 spot will likely be between a 10 and 15 handicap or so. I assume Hautes Plains started at the bottom and couple years ago and is slowly making their way up through the divisions?

yeah I think they had to start over when Clublink came in, it will take alot for me not to fall asleep playing Hammond, anything can happen regardless of handicap.

We have round 2 in.
    Mcgee, Bernard, Collins, Mulvihill, Payer, Patterson, Jason McCormick, J.White all have 60 or more points.
    Then we have Duffy, Cameron, Moore, Pope, JeffMcCormick, Ackenhurst, Giles, Nych and Myself all with 1
    round between 28 and 30.

so 8 guys are pretty safe and 9 guys fighting for 2 spots. We could have several caddies with a 5 index.

Great to play in such tight competition.

Congrats to all that have made their respective teams!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Greensmere finished its qualifying last weekend. I happened to lead the way with 74 points thanks to one round two strokes above my age, and will probably play in the 4th spot, but more importantly, our team will be the strongest we have ever fielded in our ten year history. AND, we play the matches at home. There was a three man playoff for 10th spot at 65 points.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Greensmere finished its qualifying last weekend. I happened to lead the way with 74 points thanks to one round two strokes above my age, and will probably play in the 4th spot, but more importantly, our team will be the strongest we have ever fielded in our ten year history. AND, we play the matches at home. There was a three man playoff for 10th spot at 65 points.
    A buddy of mine plays out there and he was saying that he didn't play overly well (78, 78, 79) but not terribly bad and he didn't even get a sniff of the playoff. Sounds like the 'mere is getting some strong players out there.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Greensmere has always had a number of good players. Whoever plays them in the Intersectionals this year will have to be concerned. If Lyle is the fourth man after shooting two over his age, then I can only imagine what numbers 1, 2, and 3 are like.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    A buddy of mine plays out there and he was saying that he didn't play overly well (78, 78, 79) but not terribly bad and he didn't even get a sniff of the playoff. Sounds like the 'mere is getting some strong players out there.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Greensmere has always had a number of good players. Whoever plays them in the Intersectionals this year will have to be concerned. If Lyle is the fourth man after shooting two over his age, then I can only imagine what numbers 1, 2, and 3 are like.
    They are 1/3 my age and one hit a drive on #9, 82 yards past me. We both made par.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I know the feeling. With every passing year, my distance decreases. However, my course management improves. It has to, or the young guys would run me over. In your case, your play has always been outstanding.

Good luck at the Intersectionals.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    They are 1/3 my age and one hit a drive on #9, 82 yards past me. We both made par.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    I know that Madawaska will be heading to Greensmere and I am worried. We have a few decent players but I definitely feel like we are just playing to hopefully hold our spot, host next year, and try to advance then. I don't remember the other 2 courses in our group.

So BC Mist;

A=(X+2) 1/3A=B

so 1/3(x+2)=B

(x+2)=3B

If B= 23 that makes you 67! and you shot 69

or

If B= 22 that makes you 64! and you shot 66.

Either way, Nice Round!

Last edited by solstrum; 06-15-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    So BC Mist; A=(X+2) 1/3A=B, so 1/3(x+2)=B

(x+2)=3B, If B= 23 that makes you 67! and you shot 69, If B= 22 that makes you 64! and you shot 66.

Either way, Nice Round!
    Thanks. Actually, B = 21.666. The 67 got a bunch of points, but the 4 birdie putts left an inch or two short, but on line, left me dreaming of what could have been. But that's golf. Would've, should've could've.

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    I know that Madawaska will be heading to Greensmere and I am worried. We have a few decent players but I definitely feel like we are just playing to hopefully hold our spot, host next year, and try to advance then. I don't remember the other 2 courses in our group.
    Twin Rivers (Petawawa) and Mont Cascades

Lyle/Gerry do either of you have the list for groupings for this year (with host club)? Doesn't look like the OVGA site has updated yet. I'm curious to see not only where we are playing, but where other clubs are headed and what are their match ups.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Geoff:

You should be playing at Cedar Glen vs Royal Papineau and NationView based on last year's results.

http://www.ovga.org/tournament_resul...ionals2010.htm

Not sure if CG has hosted 2 years in a row or not. Hope for you guys that it is not there. Let's just say the welcome left a bit to be desired last year....

Improved by one to fire a 78 last Sat and pretty much secure my spot. Two round of total of 57 puts me in third. We only have 14 guys trying out for the 12 spots and with the alternates shooting rounds of 88 and 91, I think I'm going to pass on my third round of qualifying this Sunday to spend my first Father's day, as an actual father, with my family. I might try to get out on Sat for a quick morning round, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    Geoff:

You should be playing at Cedar Glen vs Royal Papineau and NationView based on last year's results.

http://www.ovga.org/tournament_resul...ionals2010.htm

Not sure if CG has hosted 2 years in a row or not. Hope for you guys that it is not there. Let's just say the welcome left a bit to be desired last year....

That is what I was curious about. I thought I head CG hosted for the second time last year. Even at the Captain's Meeting this spring they didn't provide the list for this year's Intersectionals.

Personally, I would prefer Papineau. It would fit our team better than Cedar Glen.

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Lyle/Gerry do either of you have the list for groupings for this year (with host club)? Doesn't look like the OVGA site has updated yet. I'm curious to see not only where we are playing, but where other clubs are headed and what are their match ups.

I've mentioned this before. The 2011 Intersectional groups are posted here:

http://ovga.org/intersectionals_mens.htm

These are updated. If the link does not work, Just go to the OVGA website, click on Intersectionals and select Mens'.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    I've mentioned this before. The 2011 Intersectional groups are posted here:

http://ovga.org/intersectionals_mens.htm

These are updated. If the link does not work, Just go to the OVGA website, click on Intersectionals and select Mens'.
    Thanks Marc. Not sure how I didn't find this when I checked the site before.

Interesting, I see Champlain has dropped out so we stay in Group I, suffice to say playing alongside Hammond, Metcalfe and Hautes Plaines, pretty sure we are just delaying our drop to J by a year. LOL!!!!

Garth, not sure if you, Steph, Tom made the team or not, but if you did I'll see you guys along with Pat there on the 10th! Hopefully I get to play against one of you guys.

2 Iron joethepro66 is on a distinguished road joethepro66's Avatar
    Our final day of qualifying today at Renfrew, Ill post the team tonight!! Looks like 56 points should do it.

Thread Information