100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to golf

Putter GlennRomain is on a distinguished road

New to golf

Hi guys im new to golf bought some clubs last fall and im hoping to take up golf in the near future . Im retiring in December and i plan on making golf one of my new passions so ill be lurking in the backgroud here trying to read up on the game from you guys here . So far i have pouded about 8 baskets of balls at a local golf club and have no been on a course yet . I would go with some of my buddys but i dont want to slow their game up for now . So if you have any suggestions on practicing im open to all comments .

Thanks for now Glenn

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Take a lesson soon. Your insturctor will show you the proper set...grip/stance/posture etc. They will also be able to help you with the proper swing technique. I cant stress it enough, get started on the correct path early and the game is much more enjoyable.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    As goley suggested, the earlier you take lessons to build a good foundation (mostly grip), the better. Also, if you feel comfortable enough to hit balls on the range, you should definitely get out and play on the course just to have some fun and see what it's like. Don't let what others think of your game hold you back. Your friends won't mind and you'll find that you're really not that slow after all

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goley View Post
    Take a lesson soon. Your insturctor will show you the proper set...grip/stance/posture etc. They will also be able to help you with the proper swing technique. I cant stress it enough, get started on the correct path early and the game is much more enjoyable.
    I 3rd this. Lessons at the beginning helped me more than I know. Working on my 6th year of golf, I'm happy how I've progressed, but I know I wouldn't be here with out the lessons at the start.
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Thread Information