+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar

Ping irons: delivery time

Hi,

Last week, I was fitted (by a Ping rep @ GT) and placed an order for G15 irons on Friday. I was told 7-10 business days before I get the clubs. For those of you who have ordered Pings from GT before, how accurate is this 7-10 day estimate? Am I likely to luck out and get them sooner ? or should I dig out some old irons from the garage in the mean time and get re-acquainted with them ?

Thanks!
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Hybrid latch is on a distinguished road
    I did the same thing last year (ordered a set of Pings from GT) and they arrived less than a week later. IIRC I ordered them on a Wednesday and they were here on Monday.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    Yep sounds about right. About 1 week is their usual time.

Ok thanks. Today is day 4. Hopefully I will get by the middle of next week. I dug out an old set of Titleist blades from my garage (DCI 981) in the mean time. Not exactly as forgiving as the G15s
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    We at GT always quote two weeks for Ping. WRX options take longer but it beats the snot out of Taylor Made and Titleist for custom work delivery times. For the record, Mizuno is also very good with Callaway and Adams a little slower.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rgk5 View Post
    We at GT always quote two weeks for Ping. WRX options take longer but it beats the snot out of Taylor Made and Titleist for custom work delivery times. For the record, Mizuno is also very good with Callaway and Adams a little slower.
    Hey Mods ! Border line bashing here ?????

7 Wood scooby103 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Hey Mods ! Border line bashing here ?????
    How is that bashing? He is stating a fact as an employee at GT that the order time for custom clubs from those manufactures take longer. No bash, just letting people know...

As for me, when I ordered my G10's from GT it took nearly 3 weeks.... That could have been a 1 off though.
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby103 View Post
    As for me, when I ordered my G10's from GT it took nearly 3 weeks.... That could have been a 1 off though.
    Yeeeeeesh!!!! I hope it doesn't take that long! I now have 3 rounds played with the old Titleist blades. I must admit that I am starting to enjoy being able to work the ball. Too bad that most times the ball "works" when I actually want it to go straight

Quote Originally Posted by triple-bogey View Post
    Yeeeeeesh!!!! I hope it doesn't take that long! I now have 3 rounds played with the old Titleist blades. I must admit that I am starting to enjoy being able to work the ball. Too bad that most times the ball "works" when I actually want it to go straight
    Finally received them today. It did take the full 10 business days to get them. But man was it worth the wait! These clubs are SWEET, and having the lie adjusted for my swing and height has given me an extra club length (~10 yds) easily (just tried them out at the range). Can't wait to try them out on the course!

Thread Information