CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Vieux Moulins conditions...

Anyone play it recently, going to go cheap this weekend with the impending weather and trying to decide on VM or Prior.

3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Vieux-Moulins is at it's best. It probably is the driest course in the area. Greens were top dressed two weeks ago and all the punch holes from last november have disappeared. Green number 2 and number 11 still have about 10% of winter kill. The spots were seeded when the top dressing was done. All they need is hot humid weather.
    He who hits last, walks alone

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Anyone know how Vieux Moulin is as a whole? I've played my fair share of courses around town but I will be headed there for the first time this weekend. Any info would be welcome. thanks

7 Wood scooby103 is on a distinguished road
    Vieux is a nice track - layout wise. Unfortunately, the upkeep of the course is terrible at best. Always too hard as they don't irrigate, and generally poor maintenance. Too bad - as the layout can be challenging, and they have some signature holes.
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    i agree. I played there a couple of weeks ago...the fairways are hard as a rock but the greens were nice and slick. I`m not a long hitter but had a couple of 290 yard drives with the ample roll. I also really like the layout of the course but the conditions of the fairways are poor.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    It looks good from google earth
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    It's got no topsoil on the fairways. It is also up for sale and thus not a lot of time or money going into it. Played it once last year and doubted that I'd ever go back. Heard here that it was ' in its best shape ever ' and tried it again with my wife 2 weeks ago. Never again. Even she hated it...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    It looks good from google earth

bwahahahaha

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    u guys pretty much summed it up. General layout was nice, greens were in great shape but the tee boxes and fairways were pretty shoddy at best. They would have to dump a ton of money into the upkeep for me to go back there.

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Yup, what a disaster zone. They had sprinklers on the fairways this morning, but it is akin to trying to pee out a forest fire. The battle is lost. Although a few 300 yard drives (230 + roll) are good for the ego .

I know the grounds crew have a job to do, but today it just seemed like they were in our way on every single hole. If it wasn't mowing the greens, it was spreading pesticide on the fairway or raking the bunkers. They wouldn't even stop their tractors when they were near the green and we were putting. As I said, I appreciate the fact that they have a job to do, but I have played several (10+) different tracks this year, and this seems to be the one where the grounds crew has the least respect for the customers. I doubt I will be back there this year.

To illustrate the complete opposite in terms of customer experience, when playing Equinelle last week, a crew member apologized profusely to us when he passed close by on his tractor while we were **practicing on the chipping green**! I don't think we saw a single crew member in our way while we played our round (and their course is immaculately kept).
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

7 Wood scooby103 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by triple-bogey View Post
    To illustrate the complete opposite in terms of customer experience, when playing Equinelle last week, a crew member apologized profusely to us when he passed close by on his tractor while we were **practicing on the chipping green**! I don't think we saw a single crew member in our way while we played our round (and their course is immaculately kept).
    While I am in no way sticking up for Les Vieux measuring it against Equinelle at 3 times the price isn't fair. I'd measure Les Vieux against other $40.00 courses - and at that it is one of the poorest around. Either, they need to dump a crap load of money into it and bring it to what it should be, or they should just call it a day and close it down. People need to stop paying for that though....
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Pitching Wedge casconem is on a distinguished road
    I've played it twice this year (Corporate Golf) and yeah, every comment here is bang on. Crazy hard/shoddy fairways and inconsistent greens. Its a shame since its so easy to get to from downtown. Really enjoy the layout on the back 9 too, despite poor conditions. The crazy dogleg right over water (hole 12?) followed up with the 200 yd par 3 over the pond are actually great holes. Would love to see someone step up and turn the place around, anyone feel like pitching in? I have like $100 if someone wants to go in with the rest....

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    i was there yesterday and had the same problem with the grounds crew, they just don't care who's around. Plus the guy was turning the sprinklers on in front of us on every hole as we went along. i called the pro shop from #4 to complain and got a "well we need to water the fairways or we'll lose them", i said, "well, can they wait 5 minutes to turn them on after us, there's no one behind us" to which i was told "nothing i can do about it". we spent the day holding onto sprinklers for each other so we could shoot without getting drenched and those sprinklers are like water cannons. it'll be the last time i play this course, i'm totally fed up with the customer service i've gotten over the years and the shoddy conditions that this was the last straw. i pay good money to play golf, not run an obstacle course. used to suport this course, love the layout and proximity to my house, but i just cant defend it anymore.

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby103 View Post
    While I am in no way sticking up for Les Vieux measuring it against Equinelle at 3 times the price isn't fair. I'd measure Les Vieux against other $40.00 courses - and at that it is one of the poorest around. Either, they need to dump a crap load of money into it and bring it to what it should be, or they should just call it a day and close it down. People need to stop paying for that though....
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I wasn't comparing the course quality of Equinelle to LVM, since, as you say, this is not a fair comparison. However, politeness, good manners and class are free. I expect it wherever I am a customer, independent of how much I pay. Equinelle and other courses I have played this season understand, this. Today, I had the impression that LVM doesn't get it. There are so many golfing options within a 100km radius that no one needs to put up with shoddy treatment.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I played Vieux Moulin today, and as far as conditions go; they should sell the land and build houses, this course is in terrible condition from the Tee boxes to in front of the greens.

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    I played it in the fall last year, and vowed I would never be back. It's too bad though LVM has a nice track and some very fun holes. We should start a group buy...

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    It is neglected for sure,but with the hot weather and rocky ground under the fairways it dries out very fast.I despise the hordes of bibittes on the 18th and 9 th tee boxes and all the trash that is tossed into the bushes.Pretty good layout though

Lob Wedge birdy_chaser is on a distinguished road birdy_chaser's Avatar
    Nice track not far from my house but again, unkept and it's too bad, a really nice layout with nice holes. reminds me of the old bearbrook. They should go and see what bearbrook GC has done and follow suit
    Last edited by Kilroy; 07-03-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Lob Wedge thebirdieman is on a distinguished road
    Comparing this course to other 40$ courses... its the worst one in aylmer. I play them all at least 4 times a year. Champlain is way better kept, and nicer overall. kingsway blows it right out of the water. Nothing but bad experiences at VM, from pro shop to clubhouse, to grounds crews. Played there a month ago, at the turn i went in for a snack, they had no interact, the atm wasnt working, and the pro shop wouldnt do a cash advance. Although i have rocked the longest drives of my life there consistently, i would rather play ANYWHERE else. A new owner and some work +new people and it would be decent.

7 Iron Roach is on a distinguished road Roach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triple-bogey View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I wasn't comparing the course quality of Equinelle to LVM, since, as you say, this is not a fair comparison. However, politeness, good manners and class are free. I expect it wherever I am a customer, independent of how much I pay. Equinelle and other courses I have played this season understand, this. Today, I had the impression that LVM doesn't get it. There are so many golfing options within a 100km radius that no one needs to put up with shoddy treatment.
    I played there on monday and I couldn't beleive how bad it was. The course itself is in awful shape (dry dry dry, tees shouldn't be called tee boxes and only the greens are in a shape that you could charge something to play). But the worst part is when i'm about to hit on the 10th and the guy in the proshop yells in the speaker " get in the hole!" to a foursome on the 18th green. It's the last time i go for years because of such behavior. Thanks to the golf gods I didn't miss my tee shot.
    Will I learn how to chip?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Not to hijack this thread but played Gatineau this week and its starting to ressemble VM as far as fairways go. Its really hard and balls roll way to much. Hope they get some rain soon to soften it up a bit.

Thread Information