100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Lucky is on a distinguished road

TaylorMade RAC MB TP irons

Hi there,

I am selling a set of TaylorMade RAC MB TP irons (3 thru 9), because I bought these used for my son and he likes his current set more. He tried them once, and I have been sitting on them for a about 6 months, and it's time to move them on to a better place, where they will be used, not to mention the wife saying get rid of them!

When I bought them used, here is the description of the irons the fellow selling them had:

"TaylorMade RAC MB TP Iron set Golf Club (3 through 9)
    I would conservatively put these clubs at 8/10. I played them this past season, twice a month. Grooves are still razor sharp and take chunks on decent swings.
    Rifle 5.0 shafts, which are exactly between stiff and regular; perfect for me, and my driver swing speed is about 93 - 98 mph. The shafts are frequency matched, which makes the long iron shafts much more hittable with better trajectories. (I had returned an earlier set of DGS300 once I tried these).

Faces are clean and in excellent condition. The eight iron does have a small dent which is noticeable in the second photo, third club from the left. It is cosmetic and not deeper than the chrome plating itself. I did want to mention it as it is an imperfection, but in no way affects the playability of the club.

I'm an 18 handicapper and gamed these for an entire season. I found that they were as forgiving as any number of cavity backs I've played in the past. I think Taylormade does a great job of activating more of the clubface than other manufacturers, and I noticed that off center hits still went 90 - 95% of expected distances (did not find this to be true with my MP-32s, btw).

I've no choice to take a break from golf, otherwise I'd keep these clubs myself. Anyway, hope they go to a good home. "

The pictures are from the previous seller.

I have no idea about condition judging, so I am selling them as-is.

Asking 225.00

Thanks,

Richard

P.s. I prefer to sell to someone local (Ottawa) so that I do not have to ship the clubs.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

I have had a couple of offers, but nobody has stepped-up as of today. Price dropped to asking 200.00. Hope to sell here before going to eBay.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    PM sent

I have had a ton of interest in these clubs, but nobody has taken them yet. Price dropped to asking 175.00. Last chance before eBay.

Thread Information