100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road

GGS SX ball spin sensor (coming soon)

SX ball spin and spin axis tilt laser detection system
    Coming soon!

Both ball spin in RPM as well as spin axis tilt in degrees is captured using IR lasers and sensors.
    System uses a super high speed ADC (Analog Digital Converter) capable of capturing 800 samples of a ball travelling at 170 mph from multiple angles.

Player is not required to use marked or special balls.
    Production date is late summer 2011.
    Current price estimation $1999./Euro 1399

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Martin continues to impress. The available options are very impressive. I just hope he comes through with some of them as he often needs to stay focused. If this option for spin becomes available and is accurate then it will be a major improvement at that price.

Yeah the SX is a great idea, much better than the FX. I wonder where he's going to find time to work on both the LX and the SX.

I also see the PX1 price of $799.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Yeah the SX is a great idea, much better than the FX. I wonder where he's going to find time to work on both the LX and the SX.

I also see the PX1 price of $799.
    I think he has it reversed with that price Z. probably a typo as it says the opposite it 2 places.
    PX1 club tracking sensor mat

with 1 GSA golf course and 20 ProX courses.

Features as PX2 but with 43 instead of 96 sensors.

PX1 is available in 3 versions. Full resolution club path accuracy (as PX2) but for either right or left handed players only.

Or half resolution club path accuracy but for both left and right handed players.

Price just $ 1,199.00Product No. #100211
    Euro Price just € 799.00

I agree with you Z. He should stop here and concentrate on the LX and SX but no more. Finish the LX first and then work on the SX. Both are great ideas.

Oops! You're right about the PX1 price.

If the SX works well, there would be no need for the PX2. Even though I like seeing the club data, I think I would like a better hitting surface such as the realfeel mats better. The SX should also eliminate an overhead light.

Same for the LX.

Lots of nice options. The SX hopefully will be able to be linked to the PX2 for those that still want some club data. The nice things will be the elimination of club selection as well as the option of hitting from other surfaces. The LX will also allow for this but will have the benefit of portability for the range. Only downside of the LX is the left/right user difficulty much like the GC2.

Yup, this fall is going to be exciting.

This might be how the SX works. Similar to the VX but an IR laser is used.

IR light reflex method of measuring vertical launch angle

VADC.jpg

This method uses an embedded IR lightt emitter and sensor in the hitting mat. The sensor is hooked up to a high speed and high resolution Analog Digital Converter
    which is capable of capturing at least 800 samples of a ball travelling at 170 mph. This in turn is interfaced to the host PC which processes the triggered light intensity samples.
    The amplitude of the reflected light that bounces back to the optical sensor as the ball passes is directly proportional to the height of the ball so
    if you know the launch position of the ball then it is an easy matter to determine the launch angle.
    This method is used in our VX and ADX products.
    (Note: The above image just shows a single emitter and sensor pair but for all practical purposes you'd use an array of sensors and emitters to allow for the ball to deviate left or right.)

If so then he may have this available sooner than the LX simply because of the spin measurement with the cam. Correct me if I am wrong Z but has he been able to get the spin cam working yet? The launch and ball cam are working great but he needs to get the spin cam going you agree. BTW the Protee cam's latest update is perfect. The cam is capturing the launch angle 99% of the time with amazing accuracy compared to the Accusport launch monitor. The next update will have a ball tted option for tee heights and then its going to be added to the software probably within the week or 2.

Bubba22,

Sounds like Protee is right on schedule with the LA cam. Martin should take note of Protee's developments.

The LX does spin differently than the regular GGS spin cam. The GGS spin cam requires a single sensor ball triggered mat(in place of the PX2). Even with that, it's still just one snapshot and capturing the line is a hit or miss. The LX on the hand, uses two cameras for spin and it has it's own ball triggers. Martin did say that he had the LX prototype working so I can certainly see the LX being finished first.

It probably depends on which system he decides to work on. I would really like to know how the SX sensors determine the direction of spin.

I agree. Overall the LX would be the best option. Like I said, I would buy one if the price were right. I think the GSA spin cam may not work out great. I supposed those who want minimal setup would prefer the SX however as you say we need to know the accuracy of it. The Protee is on for sure. I suspect the ball cam will follow very quickly.

Putter irealgolf is on a distinguished road

I like LX

As communicate with Martin, I think LX is better if possible, but his schedule is LX first and then LX . I bought PX2 and tested, the big problems is the launch angel.

I tested Protee also, it is not better than PX2, even protee seems give launch angel.

Quote Originally Posted by irealgolf View Post
    I bought PX2 and tested, the big problems is the launch angel.

I tested Protee also, it is not better than PX2, even protee seems give launch angel.
    You obviously tested them without their launch angle cameras. Which means the LA was based on the club loft selected.

Btw, SX production date has been changed to April 2012.

I would not bet any money on this.

Putter irealgolf is on a distinguished road
    SO, LX will be current design object?

Thread Information