CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road

Looking for a rangefinder

Have a GPS that I like alot, but for those courses not in my GPS, I am looking for a rangefinder.

Don't need "slope", don'tnow if I need "pinseeker" technology.

Any advice, items for sale??

Thank you

5 Wood nd2golf is on a distinguished road nd2golf's Avatar
    Personally, I would stay away from slope editions. Can't use them for tournaments, leagues anything where a handicap is used and calculated.

I have been a user of an SG5 for a few seasons and really love it. Wanting to try a laser range finder and tired of the yearly membership fee I recently picked up a Leupold GX-3 and finally got to use it this weekend. It's terrific. Pinpoint accuracy to the pin so no more guessing if the pin is front, middle, back or where in relation to each of these positions the pin actually is.

The pin seeker of Bushnell or pin hunter of Leupold is definitely required (IMHO) to help lock on to the pin or the closest object to you (instead of the trees behind the pin for example).

Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road
    Thanks ND, my thoughts also. I had never considered Leupold; but they seem the best out there. However, I went with a friend to a course not on my Garmin and used his Bushnell V2. My Garmin G5 does more, and no charge for courses and updates are always free. One thing I really like about the G5 is that I can move a marker to a spot and get a reading from me to the spot and from the spot to the center of the green. I can move it around until I get a club selection I like. Great for layups. I can also move the spot to where the flag is (estimated) to get a better distance, but here the rangefinder is definately more accurate. Which would matter if I could always place my shot, for every club, the exact distance every time. NOT!!!

I guess I just saved myself a few hundred $$.

Thread Information