CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf Holiday

Putter vhpmini is on a distinguished road

Question Golf Holiday

I am quite new at this so you will have to bear with me. Have been golfing ( or attempting to) for 2 years now.

Wanna go south next Feb or March. I hear there are some great deals at par $$CAN.

Anyone have suggetions where, and/or experiences for lodging or all inclusive packages for a week.

Thx in advance for the help.

Verne

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Hi Verne,

Myrtle Beach is one of the best and most economical golf destinations in the world, hence its' nickname: The Golf Capital of the World. We can help you with your Myrtle Beach golf package if you wish.

P.S. Also check out Ottawa Golf's new Florida section.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Putter vhpmini is on a distinguished road
    Hey Golfer;

Am looking for a week Feb/March area. All inclusive. Condo, golf, cart

We may fly down or drive. Not sure yet.

Let me know.

Send me an email at

Donnavinpower@sympatico.ca

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I agree with EDSGolf. Myrtle has some great prices.

Last year in February we has 7 nights/7 rounds, cart, accommodation, buffet breakfast everyday and taxes included for $440US

This year we are playing some higher end courses, 480US taxes in for everything.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Par stinger is on a distinguished road
    what's the weather like early February to beginning of March? I heard it ranges from weather like today to really nice, but never through the mouth of someone who has actually been there at that time of the year.
    Thanks
    J

Stinger,

The average temperature (based on 30 years of data) are the following:

February: 16 C or 60 F
    March: 19 C or 66 F
    April: 24C or 75 F

I've been to Myrtle Beach several times and these stats are right on. For us Canadians, it's shorts weather
    Myrtle Beach Golf

jhazelton

Airport?

can anyone tell me where the find the closet major airport to Myrtle Beach?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

We usually

fly into Raleigh. From there it's about a 3hr drive. You can also fly directly to MB. We did this last year - Ottawa - > Detroit -> MB. Much better way of doing things but it costs a bit more. I think you can also fly into Charleston SC which is a bit closer to MB.

The closest major airports for the major carriers are ATL (Atlanta), RDU (Raleigh-Durham) and CLT (Charlotte). But like Jeff said, you can also fly directly into Myrtle Beach which is easier. Hope this helps.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Air Canada

flies to Raleigh. We flew Northwest directly to MB. Note you can get some really cheap flights out of the US depending on where you are located. We had 3 guys in our group fly out of Buffalo and paid about half of what we did.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Going to Myrtle Jan 9-14 playing WATERWAY HILLS, LEGENDS MOORLAND, WACHESAW EAST, SHAFTESBURY GLEN, INTERNATIONAL CLUB, PALMETTO. We're paying $336 US, which is bang on $400 CDN with the exchange now. This includes 6 nights, buffet breakfast, rounds/carts and a "golf gift" (last year a golf shirt, year before a golf towel). It then costs us $400 CDN to rent a minivan (4 of us split, so $100 each). So for $500 CDN, a week holidays, if you don't shop, you'll only need about $200 more for food. If you want to shop, bring about $500 US. Great deal and last year the coldest it got was about 8 celcius, first week of January, we also had a couple of days that were 20-25 celcius.
    Great holiday, great prices.

That's why with the great US/CDN exchange rates, travelling to the US hasn't been this cheap in a long time!
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Beware the "Tram Scam" at Waterway Hills.

Just got back and played Legends Moorland on Friday. Good course, rained like mad for the back 9. It's a good test though.

Where are you staying?

Watch the Myrtle Beach Golf Forum - http://forums.prospero.com/mbgolf/start for the latest conditions on your courses as the time draws closer.

Quote Originally Posted by g8r
    Going to Myrtle Jan 9-14 playing WATERWAY HILLS, LEGENDS MOORLAND, WACHESAW EAST, SHAFTESBURY GLEN, INTERNATIONAL CLUB, PALMETTO. We're paying $336 US, which is bang on $400 CDN with the exchange now. This includes 6 nights, buffet breakfast, rounds/carts and a "golf gift" (last year a golf shirt, year before a golf towel). It then costs us $400 CDN to rent a minivan (4 of us split, so $100 each). So for $500 CDN, a week holidays, if you don't shop, you'll only need about $200 more for food. If you want to shop, bring about $500 US. Great deal and last year the coldest it got was about 8 celcius, first week of January, we also had a couple of days that were 20-25 celcius.
    Great holiday, great prices.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Colby, what was the "Tram Scam" ? You had to give the guy a tip for bringing you across the water?
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Colby, what was the "Tram Scam" ? You had to give the guy a tip for bringing you across the water?
    That's the one. Tip for unloading your bag from the car, tip for the tram guys in, tram guys out, hands are out everywhere. I haven't ssen any reports of this lately, but it used to be bad.
    Colby

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Beware the "Tram Scam" at Waterway Hills.

Just got back and played Legends Moorland on Friday. Good course, rained like mad for the back 9. It's a good test though.

Where are you staying?

Watch the Myrtle Beach Golf Forum - http://forums.prospero.com/mbgolf/start for the latest conditions on your courses as the time draws closer.
    We're staying at the Landmark Resort, stayed there last year, right on the beach, we get an ocean view on the top 2 floors. Its on S. Ocean Dr, around 15th Ave S.
    Thanks for the link to the forum. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by g8r
    We're staying at the Landmark Resort, stayed there last year, right on the beach, we get an ocean view on the top 2 floors. Its on S. Ocean Dr, around 15th Ave S.
    Thanks for the link to the forum. I'll let you know how it goes.
    That's close to town! Enjoy, looking forward to your report.
    Colby

Thread Information