100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Knee Replacement

Hi;
    Anyone here under the age of 65 had a knee replacement done? Looking for some encouragement that it will allow me to continue to play 18. Its my left knee and I am a R/H golfer, hopefully I will still be able to pivot on it for follow through.
    I will going in the fall sometime.
    Thanks in advance.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Indio had some work done a few years back...wait you said under 65? Pretty sure he's closer to 80!

In all seriousness though, hopefully Indio will chime in, I know he's back to playing golf now!
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Sand Wedge Friar Tuck is on a distinguished road Friar Tuck's Avatar
    I had both knees done at the same time. I was 62 at the time. Was back on the tee on the 8th week following surgery. Mind you it was not pretty at first but within a couple of weeks things were not that bad. Had to cart it for a couple of months till the ligaments etc all healed but now after a third has been done I walk 18 all the time and play better than before any surgery. My advice is go for it. Things can not be worse than playing on a bad knee.

7 Wood uncletom is on a distinguished road uncletom's Avatar
    I had my left knee replaced at 31, 36 and again at 39 plus many numerous other operations on the left knee. Currently 44 and been playing 3 rounds of 9 holes walking since I was 40!
    When I play 18 I take a power cart; this allows me to enjoy the game.

I spent the first year after the third knee working on technique (less transfer) bought clubs with graphite shafts and swung easier!!! Best part game has improved greatly and I am flirting with breaking 80 in 18 (not 9 LOL). I have lost about 20 yards on a drive but better technique and I stay on the fairway.

I work as a counsellor and have helped people with disabilities get back going; need some encouragement shoot me a an email tdelong1@cogeco.ca and we can even get together and shoot around.

Love watching people keep on living

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post
    Indio had some work done a few years back...wait you said under 65? Pretty sure he's closer to 80!

In all seriousness though, hopefully Indio will chime in, I know he's back to playing golf now!

Excuse the hi-jack but where's Indio these days? He used to be good for 20 posts a day....
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Excuse the hi-jack but where's Indio these days? He used to be good for 20 posts a day....
    He couldn't compete with Nokids, so he called it a career

Putter ladygolfer29 is on a distinguished road
    Hi there, I have had my left knee done first time in 2005 then had to be re-done in 2008, I had not golfed for over 10 yrs, but after my 2nd surgery, I first tried driving range, felt ok and now have been back golfing for about 2 yrs now, I am currently 48. although i cant walk the course, i do use a cart but enjoy it better that way. I have not had any issue at all. Although i am a below average player always have been, I do just enjoy going out and having fun.

Thread Information