100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

Im impressed with Vector Pro's sidespin calc

I have been spending alot of time on the Vector Pro and Vrange software. After a over a thousand swings, I think it does a better job in calculating the ball flight compared to P3Pro. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the method used by Vector Pro is that the it will compare the captured image size of the ball pre-launch & initial launch to determine the initial ball direction and it factors in the side spin measurement to determine the entire ball flight as a whole.

I know that many are not impressed with the accuracy of sidespin measurements of the Vector Pro. It may not be as good as dopler tech, but for my use this is the best it gets indoors.

Can someone explain in what areas a club head data would outshine the Vector
    Pro data in computing ball flight. Im torn
    between PX3 and Vector + Vrange. For this type of
    accuracy, I am willing to give up golf simulation.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    dvshx,

I think anything that calculates ball flight from the ball should outshine the systems that use clubhead data if it captures the ball information accurately.

The systems that use club head data are useful for knowing your swing path, AoA, and face angle - this is helpful if you are working on your swing but only to the extent that they are accurate. I'm going to just ball information this fall as I have a very good idea how a ball's flight relates to the swing that produced it. I will be getting a GC2.

I am also considering GC2, but my budget is $4K max so it might be out of the
    picture.

Except for the obvious reason you mentioned, Im wondering now why club head is even needed in golf simulation. For the P3Pro Vector integration, they should just rely on Vector data and use the P3Pro for putting.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    I am also considering GC2, but my budget is $4K max so it might be out of the
    picture.

Except for the obvious reason you mentioned, Im wondering now why club head is even needed in golf simulation. For the P3Pro Vector integration, they should just rely on Vector data and use the P3Pro for putting.
    That would be too easy on P3pro's part. I agree that the ball data for spin wpild be probably more accurate in determining the eventual ball flight given that the spin numbers are accurate. The nice thing with the GSA system (and Protee as well) is that they will probably eventually have spin measurement at some point. What are you planning on getting dvshx?

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    The GC2 is expensive. I get tempted by Martin's stuff all the time (PX5, LX if they ever happen) just because of price.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Club head data is needed to calculate side spin when you don't have the measure ball spin.

I spent some time recently on two Vector Pros at a nearby golf shop and I don't think it's worth the money. Both had serious problems with ball path detection. They showed most of my shots starting off 25-40 deg right of target. The Vector Pros uses the initial ball position and two shots of the ball to measure spin, which should be enough. Side spin numbers looked ok but I didn't have anything to compare it with. LA looked OK too but when I tee it up high, the shots were not detected. White drivers such as the R11 or SuperFast 2.0 required tape or the Vector would think that it was a ball.

Unless you have the money for a GC2, I would suggest you read the GGS LX launch monitor thread before deciding. The LX will use two snapshots of the ball also for measuring spin. The LX has the potential to integrate with the PX2 plus GSA golf, which could be a huge savings for current GGS owners.

Exactly Z. Good info.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I am looking at the GGS products now. I
    was intimidated before, the website needs to be re-organized. So many products out there.
    I will call Martin later.

Zmax, were you referring to Vrange?
    Did you make the lines on the ball face the
    cam?

Zmax, were you referring to Vrange?
    Did you make the lines on the ball face the
    cam?
    It was the VFit and yes, I made sure the lines on the ball faced the cam.

while still saving up for a protee or LX/PX combo,

i purchased the original vector, net return pro package and a mat that will let you hit down & through w/ feedback on fat shots. the net return is not here yet, but I just wanted to share my experience with Vector.

bubba said once... once you go with launch angle, it's hard or impossible to live without it. he is spot on with this statement. i would also like to add that backspin, ball speed & side spin are data that are also ESSENTIAL. i will never again practice without these numbers.

i perceive the vector more like a tool. the set up is not very easy and convenient. it requires some work. in the beginning, my iron swing was not good enough to get consistent readings. the slightest fat shot will trigger the cam (the sensitivity is adjustable). you will need to continuously adjust ball speed depending on the club being used to capture the image properly (medium will work 90% of the time). the proper ball placement requires good feel. i feared the the lens calibration before purchasing, but it should be the least of your concerns if it is indoors. i have not even recalibrated the focus & apperture once! my garage goes from super bright in the AM to almost no lights @ night and it works fine.

i will post pics and videos soon for those who
    are curious.

it is alot of fun taking out all your drivers comparing launch and spin rates. i just ordered 5 different shaft with an R9 adaptor sleeve. im looking for a mizuno head that will accept different shafts. been itching to figure out why i love the KBS tours so much.

this thing opened a whole new world for me!

it is alot of fun taking out all your drivers comparing launch and spin rates. i just ordered 5 different shaft with an R9 adaptor sleeve. im looking for a mizuno head that will accept different shafts. been itching to figure out why i love the KBS tours so much.

this thing opened a whole new world for me!
    Don't you have to move the Vector when switching from Driver to irons?

I know what you mean about trying different equipment and comparing the numbers. I hope GGS comes through with the LX or SX by summers end.

On a side note, I picked up a set of Mizuno MX300's yesterday. Hit some balls on the simulator yesterday and everything was going 7-10 yards more than my forged CBs. Played a round this morning and I still can't believe how good these irons are. All the reviews are correct. Amazing feel in a game improving iron.

im glad to hear about your new irons ZMax. Take care of those! I think they will be the final and best of the MX series. Much more playerlike profile than the MX200, but almost similar forgiveness. Softttt and butteryyyy.

Glad to hear you are liking the Vector dvshx. The spin numbers are fantastic to have and really would be great for testing drivers, balls etc. So are you still planning on getting a som on top of the Vector?

yes... i am looking at a protee package in ebay for $4K w/ a cam. hard to beat that deal. i asked if the GSA courses were included.

Yes I believe so. It is the ProTee play which is the same as custom play/GSA.

here she is w/ Net Return & Real Feel Golf Mat

DSC_0231.jpg
    DSC_0229.jpg

Thread Information