100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron URstillaway is on a distinguished road URstillaway's Avatar

Taylormade R9 460 vs Nike Victory Red Str-8 Fit

Looking at replacing my Taylormade 580. I cant justify paying 4-5 hundred dollars on the new drivers but R9 and lasts years Nike Str-8 Fit fall in my budget a bit better. Anyone own either one of these clubs? Do you adjust them very often? I have hit the Nike and it felt great. Looking to purchase fairly soon.

PS if anyone is interested in the 580 I also have a left handed tour striker 8 iron practice club I could package for $100.
    " If Tiger can shank it then I feel I have the right to do it too from time to time."

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Any updates on which driver you purchased. I recently hit the Nike VR Pro Str8-fit tour at golf town w/ the project x 6.0 and if felt amazing. My drives were consistently long and fairly straight! ( only 3 misses out of 20 hits - 30 yrds was the farthest off center). Bare in mind golf town sims... lol..
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

6 Iron URstillaway is on a distinguished road URstillaway's Avatar
    I went with the TM R9 460 reg flex. The Nike VR pro Str8-fit felt great and was longer by about 10 yards. ( in the sim) But it was $250 and the TM I got for $160. Both good clubs but I know what you mean about the Nike. If the budget was a bit bigger I would of went with it for sure. All the research I did online had both clubs rated top for there adjustable class.
    " If Tiger can shank it then I feel I have the right to do it too from time to time."

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Good to hear ! I'm planning on doing some overtime to help with the purchase! Hopefully I can get it in the bag without the GF noticing !!
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Thread Information