100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Andru

The Golf Channel

It's obvious Rich Lerner sucks.

Please bring back Pete! At least for these one on one interview shows!

What do you think?

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    I think they should axe the entire staff and get the Baywatch babes to do the show.
    I think Golf Talk Live would be great with Pamela Anderson interviewing Moe Norman.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Lorne

I'd like to see more of Lorne Rubenstien (sp?), the Canadian golf columnist.

He's the most sensible, coherent and in-sightful person there.

As long as they don't ditch Kelly! I like those new specs.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    So where did Peter Kessler go?

Where is Scott Van Pelt now? Saw him on ABC doing a golf interview shortly after he left TGC but where is he now?

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Kessler got thrown out on his Kiester

Kessler got the boot. Apparently he was becoming bigger then the show and was overshadowing the other on-air personalities.

Andru

Peter

I don't know what peter is doing now. He's probably playing golf and relaxing. He'll probably show up on some network doing a one on one interview show.

I guess TGC is trying to spruce up their image and attract some new viewers. I like the new viewers forum format. But I don't like the hosts. There's a reason Peter overshadowed everyone. Part of his popularity, he's really good the other part was his competition is really weak.

Kelly and Brian are ok the rest, not interested. And Brian it's time to lose the "Keep it in the short grass" line it's getting old.

I watch too much TGC. I think!

There was a good article about Kessler in Golf Digest a few months back. It also implied he was becoming bigger than the show and had actually crossed Arnold Palmer. A no-no for sure.

The higher-ups at TGC wanted to can Kessler but Palmer insisted they keep him.

The best thing about TGC is their coverage of the Canadian tour & refernces to Canadian players. Cancuks definitely get their share of coverage.

It's the moronic infomercials I can live without.

Andru

TGC

I read that interview. It was pretty good.

I dislike the infomercials too. It's not so bad during the summer when I cann play golf on Saturady morning and never see them.

Do I really need to see 2 hours of that stupid bracelet!

I like they're coverage of the Canadian tour. They ditch the coverage once it hits canadian soil though. That's when the season actually heats up.

I went to see the candian tour at eagle creek last year. It was quite impressive. Some of those guys hit it long and straight. I was really shocked at how bad I was I'd relly like to see the pga now.

Dan - I think I heard VanPelt is gone to ESPN.

As for Kessler - I think he's now a lounge singer in Vegas...

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Peter Kessler

I was reading the forum at GolfOnline. I didn't see any of the related discussions but apparently Kessler took a line against Palmer and got the boot.

When Arnie spoke up in defense of the illegal ERC, saying it should be OK for all non-tour players, Kessler stood up for the rules saying we should all play by the same rules. I guess it was either Kessler's endearing style, or Arnie's conscience, but it led to the disappearance of arguably the best asset of the show.

Nobody ever seemed quite as prepared as Kessler. Nobody seemed to be able to field the tough questions like him, or to pull some magical question out of thin air, or to quote some classic golf history.

yeah, the infomercials suck. I can stand to watch them introduce their new high-falutin' techno-toys, but after the first 5 minutes, all you get is repetition.... click.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Thread Information