CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Partygolfer is on a distinguished road

What's wrong with Tiger Woods?

Everyone seems to have his or her take on what's wrong with Tiger Woods
    Leave the poor guy alone. He is just having a bad run. Let him get out of it himself and in peace

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    When you're s a superstar, people love to take them down. I'd love to be playing like Tiger is now.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Partygolfer

Leave the poor guy alone.
    Like this is going to happen. He is/was:
    - #1 in the world
    - supposed to replace Jack Nicklaus as the greatest ever
    - a hero to african americans.

Ya, I think hell stay out of the news.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Partygolfer
    Everyone seems to have his or her take on what's wrong with Tiger Woods.
    Leave the poor guy alone. He is just having a bad run. Let him get out of it himself and in peace
    All golfers are either moving away from perfection or towards it. Tiger's technique was near perfect at one time and now it is not. He has regressed. His swing is flawed. His lower body out races his upper body, he reverse pivots, his arms are outside the plane, he blocks the release of his wrists more times than not, etc.. Sure, I would love to play as badly as he is now, wouldn't we all, but that does not change the fact that he is now not as good as he once was.

To say that he is just having a bad run suggests that it is just bad luck, like a poker player who gets poor cards for several hands in a row. Tiger needs discover again the positions he once got himself into when playing well. He must do the necessary drills to perfect this adjusted technique, and then he must just play the game on the course. Right now, he is working on his swing both in practice and on the course, and because the latter never allows a golfer to play his best, and because of the level of competition he is against, he is just ordinary, and if his short game had suffered like his big swing did, he would have long since disappeared.

VJ is #1 because he leaves his conscious practice on the range, and plays subconsciously on the course.

If Tiger could marry his body motions with his arm motions, he would be the best again in a few weeks. Did I hear you say, "Bring back Butch Harmon?"

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    People are on Tiger for stuff like this (If it is true)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...gerwoods1.html

I can understand sueing if it's a breach of contract, but naming the boat Privacy in the first place, and having a company called Privacy...

Section 33 is the best. Suffering damages exceeding $75,000 and could reach $50,000,000 for a $20,000,000 yacht. hahahahaha
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The yacht builder is in violation of contract. The name of both the Yacht and the company does indeed lend credence to Tiger's case.

Why would you feel Tiger is out of line here? Why should the Yacht company get Tiger's $20 mil, and then cash in on his unauthorized endorsement. Remeber Nike gave Tiger $40 mil in his first year just for wearing their logo on his hat.

It is dead wrong for the yacht maker to violate the contract. I hope Tiger skins them alive. He is entitled to a little "privacy".

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    What's wrong with Tiger Woods?

Who cares????
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    The yacht builder is in violation of contract. The name of both the Yacht and the company does indeed lend credence to Tiger's case.

Why would you feel Tiger is out of line here? Why should the Yacht company get Tiger's $20 mil, and then cash in on his unauthorized endorsement. Remeber Nike gave Tiger $40 mil in his first year just for wearing their logo on his hat.

It is dead wrong for the yacht maker to violate the contract. I hope Tiger skins them alive. He is entitled to a little "privacy".
    Absolutely it's wrong for the yacht maker to use Tiger's name. But if he is in violation of the contract, cancel the contract! Vancouver is well known for making high-end yachts, I have a friend who works for one, maybe this one, I have to call him, and a high-profile client cancelling a contract for violation would do more damage than this ridiculous lawsuit which is, as Mrs. Woods says, "caused us harm that can not be fully compensated by money damages"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...erwoods14.html

What harm? Seeing someone possibly making money off of Tiger's name without Tiger getting a slice?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Plus Tiger, or Tiger's managers, should know better. If you don't want someone to know you own something, you set up a ghost corporation, numbered account, under someone else's name.

Easy as pie.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road

Maybe he shouldn't have been so cheap (only a $20M rowboat for the world's most prominent athlete - c'mon!) and bought a "real" yacht like the 228 ft Aussie Rules from Greg Norman's Norman Expedition yachts. I bet Norman might even have cut him a good deal - and kept it all hush-hush.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    What harm? Seeing someone possibly making money off of Tiger's name without Tiger getting a slice?
    Yep. That's good enough a reason. Why do yo ask if you know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    Yep. That's good enough a reason. Why do yo ask if you know the answer?
    Farzin,

I knew the answer, that was sarcasm, and a shot at the money grubbing attitude of the ex #1 and/or his handlers.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Farzin,

I knew the answer, that was sarcasm, and a shot at the money grubbing attitude of the ex #1 and/or his handlers.
    He lives in USA not in a third word country. Every thing is right protected, even a name such as Tiger. Right or wrong? That's how it is. Mind you niether my name nor Steve's is protected. :readheart Tiger :readheart

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

I think he tried that....

Quote Originally Posted by golfmania
    Plus Tiger, or Tiger's managers, should know better. If you don't want someone to know you own something, you set up a ghost corporation, numbered account, under someone else's name.

Easy as pie.
    What do you think Privacy Ltd out of the Caymen Islands is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM
    What do you think Privacy Ltd out of the Caymen Islands is all about?
    Clearly its linked to his name, making him or someone an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    He lives in USA not in a third word country. Every thing is right protected, even a name such as Tiger. Right or wrong? That's how it is. Mind you niether my name nor Steve's is protected. :readheart Tiger :readheart
    I would say wrong. I'm not a lawyer, but the word Tiger would only be close to being copyrighted if it was something to do with golf, and even then, it's iffy. There are courses out there with the word Tiger in them, yet nothing is done about that. There's a strip club in Myrtle Beach called the Masters Club, yet when the guys in Bells Corners set up the Masters Club for indoor golf, Augusta was all over them and made them change their name. So why could they get away with making a Canadian company change their name, but not a company in the US. One deals with golf, one deals with golfers

Tiger has all the right to privacy, and the yacht maker was wrong if he was trying to leverage Tiger's name and popularity to sell yachts. And he's not selling ships to you and me. Tiger's yacht is 155 feet long, which is longer than my yard. He's got a pretty select crowd. It's more an interest for poor boys like us. Just like I enjoyed reading about Greg Norman's yacht.

This just smells too much like a drama queen pout to me. Cancel the contract, make the builder eat it some $$$, and his name will be mud within the small circle of high-end boat makers. If it goes to court, I hope Tiger gets the minimum. It won't happen though, this is being tried in the sue-crazy US where dummies who spill coffee on themselves get huge $$$ in settlements.

Also, with the wedding over and the golf game in the sh**er, it keeps Tiger's name in the news.
    Colby

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with Tiger today, he finished -6.

I agree though, the whole law suit thing is a bit childish and makes him look like a bit of a dick.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    If Tiger could marry his body motions with his arm motions, he would be the best again in a few weeks. Did I hear you say, "Bring back Butch Harmon?"
    I don't think Butch is the answer. Darren Clarke is having one of his worst year ever according to him and he underwent "swing changes" "weight loss" and hired a mind guru. Read more about it.
    http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...05/700943.html

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    the whole law suit thing is a bit childish
    Tiger gets mega bucks for endorsements. Buick, Nike etc

He buys something he wants, and puts it in the contract that the seller is to keep quiet about the purchase to protect his privacy. The seller takes his money, then plasters his picture and name all over his promotions and pays Tiger nothing.

Just because some of you think Tiger has enough money (I do to) this does not make Tiger "look greedy" This is about the boat maker stealing from him. As I said I hope the boat builder loses big time.
    Yah, Tiger should just lay down and take that like a man and say nothing.:reallymad

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Yah, Tiger should just lay down and take that like a man and say nothing.:reallymad
    If he did let it slide he would be setting a precedent and asking for a lot more trouble in the future. It has nothing to do with wealth or fame.

He buys something he wants, and puts it in the contract that the seller is to keep quiet about the purchase to protect his privacy. The seller takes his money, then plasters his picture and name all over his promotions and pays Tiger nothing.

Just because some of you think Tiger has enough money (I do to) this does not make Tiger "look greedy" This is about the boat maker stealing from him. As I said I hope the boat builder loses big time.
    I never said it was childish, and I did say that there should be some action against the builder. The contract does allow him to use pictures of the boat for promotional purposes, just not with the boat name or the owner's name. The next clause does allow that, even bringing the boat to shows, but with the owner's express permission, and the builder is responsible for the cleaning of the boat.

According to Elin's statement, the builder was "prominently displaying pictures of the yacht Privacy together with publications including my husband's name Tiger Woods"

Did the publications include banners, or what? The contract allows him to post pictures of Privacy as promotional items, as long as the owner's or yacht name was not in the promotional items. The pictures from the website, and who knows if these were the ones from the boat show, don't mention the yacht name.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...geryacht1.html

So the whole case appears to rest on the nature of the publications. I still think the lawsuit for $50M is childish. Maybe they are trying to prove a point. I still think cancelling the contract would be more detrimental, the builder would lose a $20M sale, get a bad name, and possibly lose more sales. This will probably hurt his sales anyways.

It's just bad publicity at the wrong time. Tiger played well yesterday, but that's more of a blip on the radar screen. He's had an ok year, but his game has been declining since his knee operation a year or so ago.
    Colby

I dont disagree, but (1) Tiger could have hidden his name if he REALLY wanted to, and (b) thats why, as Colby points out, you simply discontinue the contract.

Thread Information