100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hip Strain

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Hip Strain

The last couple times I've been to the range, I've had my left hip "pop" on follow through when hitting balls with my driver. I always stretch before starting and slowly work through the bag starting from wedge up to driver. The irons are not a problem. I'm ok for 4 or 5 shots with driver and then...pop....pain, no more driver. This has never happend to me before this year. I have been trying to change my swing more of a turn instead of a slide as I am prone to do. For sure I am striking the ball better and more solidly but I can't have this hip thing keep happening. Any suggestions on what I am doing to produce this? Or is there some type of hip stretch specific to this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I would call the Carleton U. Sports Med Clinic asap and get an xray or mri, that does not sound good at all.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    my only recommendation would be to open up for left foot a bit, not ur stance just flare ur left foot, it takes the strain off the hip when turning through ur shots.

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    I don't know if you need to rush for an xray or mri. Those scans are a little overused and not without cost. An xray specifically often is pretty useless for soft tissue (muscles, tendon, ligament) injuries. An mri can be months on a waiting list. Seeing a physiotherapist (or your doctor first, if you need a script for insurance purposes) might be a little more useful. Strengthening selected muscle groups can often help these issues, whether they are caused by muscle imbalance or some deficiency in the joint.

Flaring out the left foot seems like a good suggestion. You could also see how it goes taking the power down a notch when hitting the driver.

Thread Information