CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Chateau Cartier Construction

There is some heavy equipment working at the tennis courts in preparation for the expansion of the building complex. Hole 1 of the golf course is temporarily closed during this phase.

Green fees reduced to $35 tax in from opening to 2 pm and 25 after 2pm until the construction is over

We'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 05-07-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thats not good news for me as I have been known to slice an occasional ball into the tennis court. LOL

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The courts were OB anyways but then again you can just put your tennis racquet in your bag to replace one of your clubs
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    This is great. Player's will now be able to bounce their drives off the building and back into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Thats not good news for me as I have been known to slice an occasional ball into the tennis court. LOL
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That is one of the holes I never really liked at CC ( add the green at 10 & hole 17). They could take the time to redesign the hole because if they put a building there they will need a large net and plexiglass windows to protect the patrons of the hotel.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Maybe make the first hole a par 3 nearer the left fairway tree and put #2 further back to where #1 green is now and make it a real par 5 but I know once you start playing with course design it becomes a real domino effect.
    Lefty Lucas

8 Iron Boostguy is on a distinguished road
    So what are they doing? you just skip the hole and start at #2??

i like the first two holes!! easy start to the game!haha good for the confidence level!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostguy View Post
    So what are they doing? you just skip the hole and start at #2??

i like the first two holes!! easy start to the game!haha good for the confidence level!
    Yep, you skip #1 so 17 holes total during construction. Played today...lots of plugged balls but i expected worst with all this rain.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Touché !!!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    The courts were OB anyways but then again you can just put your tennis racquet in your bag to replace one of your clubs

Pitching Wedge Brewskie19 is on a distinguished road Brewskie19's Avatar
    I player Chateau Cartier today and it was brutal. Like it was mentioned above, you start on Hole #2, the holes by the river are flooded and soggy, and hole #12 looks like a bomb went off in the fairway.
    Not to mention the greens were in terrible shape. Balls were plugging and getting lost in the middle of the fairway.
    I will not be going back there.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Oh my god. How much longer is this suppose to go on for? I love Cartier but refuse to play that or any course that doesn't let you complete a full 18. I drive by it every day and it doesn't look like it'll be anytime soon before well be able to play #1.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    When i called last week, they mention hole 1 will be closed until early July.

Thread Information