100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

hybrid recommendations

I was thinking i might try out a hybrid for the first time this year. I still love my long irons. Ideally i'm looking for something to replace a 1 or 2 iron (not sure what loft exactly that would be), and sit in my bag between the 4 wood and the 3 iron. Here's the catch....i hate hybrids. I want something small - very small. I was in GT the other day and saw the Adam Idea Pro Blacks. Would love one of those, but i can't afford the price tag. Looking for something used, maybe from last year or the year before. Is there anything similar in size that's out there? Thanks

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I only have 1 Hybrid in my bag that replaces my 4iron..I carry a 7 wood that really works for me and fills in for my 3 iron and a 4 wood as my other wood. I had a bit of trouble getting on with hybrids and did a lot of experimenting. The only hydrids I could get on with were the Adams and I now have a 23 degree Adams Idea Pro Gold.

I like the Adams hybrids and their popularity across the board from tour players to hackers like me must say something. I would guess if you wanted one to replace your 1 or 2 iron you'd be looking around 16*. I have an Adams Idea Pro Gold 16* gathering dust in my basement if you want it for free to give it a whirl and see how you get on...let me know.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Callaway Heavenwood #3 hybrid

I have a Callaway Heavenwood #3 hybrid I will sell to you for $40.
    Very small head. It is 20 degrees.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    Here is link to thread: http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...with-headcover

I also have a Ping G5 for sale:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...with-Headcover
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I only have 1 Hybrid in my bag that replaces my 4iron..I carry a 7 wood that really works for me and fills in for my 3 iron and a 4 wood as my other wood. I had a bit of trouble getting on with hybrids and did a lot of experimenting. The only hydrids I could get on with were the Adams and I now have a 23 degree Adams Idea Pro Gold.

I like the Adams hybrids and their popularity across the board from tour players to hackers like me must say something. I would guess if you wanted one to replace your 1 or 2 iron you'd be looking around 16*. I have an Adams Idea Pro Gold 16* gathering dust in my basement if you want it for free to give it a whirl and see how you get on...let me know.
    I certainly can't refuse that offer. Thanks!!! I'll fire you a PM.

Thread Information