100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter joediggy is on a distinguished road

Divot Action top for Optishot

Has anyone tried these tops. They have them at custom golf designs.

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I just ordered the regular replacement top because I ripped mine in half with a few fat shots. The guy told me that the optishot divot action was finished and selling for $249. Replacement tops for it would cost $80. From his description it sounds pretty cool. I just finished my hitting mat and would have to rebuild it to use this one, not too mention that $249 is almost twice what my whole mat costs. Maybe in the future. I'll let you know how replacement pad works though.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tahosrfr View Post
    I just ordered the regular replacement top because I ripped mine in half with a few fat shots. The guy told me that the optishot divot action was finished and selling for $249. Replacement tops for it would cost $80. From his description it sounds pretty cool. I just finished my hitting mat and would have to rebuild it to use this one, not too mention that $249 is almost twice what my whole mat costs. Maybe in the future. I'll let you know how replacement pad works though.
    Cool. If anyone takes the plunge on the dicot action, do let us know how it feels, durability and wether it affects the accuracy.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

Finished product

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Cool. If anyone takes the plunge on the dicot action, do let us know how it feels, durability and wether it affects the accuracy.

I've seen the finished product and it looks good but the price at 250.00 is entirely to high.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Did you get a chance to try it out? $250 is high. I wonder how durable it would be? That as well as the effect on accuracy would be my 2 questions.

I just received and used his standard Optishot replacement turf top. Shipping was very quick after phone ordering. Overall thickness is the same as the stock top. Club shock is slightly harder since the base is made out of a harder plastic rather than fabric that the original uses. Sensor coverage is good and it does cover the front sensors as well so putting is improved. This seems like it might take a better beating (lets's hope)
    So far overall grade is A-.

Divot Action

I purchased the divot action mat today and it has a return guarantee so as soon as I receive it I will post my opinion on the performance of the divot action top.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TVANS216 View Post
    I purchased the divot action mat today and it has a return guarantee so as soon as I receive it I will post my opinion on the performance of the divot action top.
    very interested in your review

Semi-review of divotaction mat for optishot

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    very interested in your review
    Just received it today and only had time to make modifications to my versa mat to allow for a great fit. I also made a simple modification to the DAM simply to make everything level. It is a pretty simply design and you must take your hat off to CDG. Sometimes in trying to make improvements we simply over think things. I will post a review later once I get a chance to play some.

Quote Originally Posted by TVANS216 View Post
    Just received it today and only had time to make modifications to my versa mat to allow for a great fit. I also made a simple modification to the DAM simply to make everything level. It is a pretty simply design and you must take your hat off to CDG. Sometimes in trying to make improvements we simply over think things. I will post a review later once I get a chance to play some.
    Also they sent me some UltraTees and they are really nice. Much better than some of the other tees that I have used and purchased for simulator play.

So... Whats the verdict? Lets get a review of the divot action!

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    A bump on an old thread. Anyone have any reviews for either DD or P3Pro?

Sorry. Found another thread with some more info. Still not many who have actually tried one.
    Last edited by SFR; 11-16-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Putter General82 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tahosrfr View Post
    So... Whats the verdict? Lets get a review of the divot action!
    Just joined any answers on anyone tryout the divot action mat for Optishot?

Putter Younger is on a distinguished road
    a

Putter Younger is on a distinguished road
    Sorry for the previous post.
    I have played on a golf simulator with the divot action turf but it was not for an optishot there were no club censors in the mats.
    The divot action is a better feel no doubt. Very soft and less shock when the ball is stuck.
    Someone asked in a post above about what the divot action does to the trajectory of the ball? The ball takes off just like other stance mats as in doesn't push or pull the ball. Although you may play with a guy who will use this as an excuse as we all play with someone who who could write a book on excuses.

If you are worried about the mat tearing, you should! Anytime you open the mat and install censors and break the continuity of the mat you have opened up a flaw for the structure. In my opinion if you are buying the divot action for the optishot it will last longer than other mats, but it is still going to break.

What you have to take into consideration when buying the optishot is you are purchasing a cheap version of a simulator and you should treat the hitting mat like an oil change and expect to change it after a while. Especially if you are having people come over and get drunk !!
    Bottom line If you don't have the divot action and you have something else, don't buy it thinking it will be indestructable as it won't be .
    Buy more replacements for your mat instead.
    If you are starting to build a sim, buy the divot action with a replacement turf as well.
    Also if you are buying the divot action i think you need to purchase the 4 x 5 mat buy the divot action company as it won't fit properly in other stance mats.
    And Don't buy a 2 piece stance mat where the hitting surface is segregated from the stance mat those are a disaster. Everything needs to be like one because the mat starts to move!
    Hope this helps

Lob Wedge JBCarilli is on a distinguished road JBCarilli's Avatar
    Well said YOUNGER!
    Indestructibility is simply not possible with any golf mat ... period!
    You are hitting off of a synthetic surface with a metal device (golf club head) traveling at high speeds, creating heat and stress over and into the fibers of the turf surface. In creating the DivotAction™ we have attempted, and achieved a surface that most simulates natural turf and allows the golf ball to travel with the same launch angle as golf balls hit from natural grass surfaces. Less shock is a by-product because the surface is allowed to "flex" with the motion of the club head and the player is able to feel the ball coming off of the club face.
    That being said, do not forget that the player has not been graded as too their ability to hit the golf ball properly.
    We suggest that the DivotAction™ surfaces we offer, not be used by beginners or anyone who hits well BEFORE the golf ball (especially one any of our simulator turf tops) because failure of the surface will be premature and is not intended to be hit in such a fashion. I know that this would make some people think that this would grade our DivotAction™ as less desirable since its "durability" is in question, that's where YOUNGER's and others comments are valuable when they point out that synthetic surfaces must be replaceable.
    Our introduction of the DivotAction™ surfaces, both for practice mats and simulator surfaces has become very popular and the player has been able to experience a more "natural" surface to hit from, but one must remember we still are using a man made surface and nothing compares to or can be INDESTRUCTIBLE as real grass or dirt surfaces. We jokingly suggest players who do have a problem of miting the golf ball or in the case of hitting the turf well before the golf ball to consider BOWLING as an alternative sport!
    I know this is a poor attempt at humor, yet it simply is not possible for something to be all things for everyone!

I hope this helps in your reading comments and also considering using any synthetic surface, especially our DivotAction™ surface!
    Best wishes for your GOLF SWING!

Lob Wedge JBCarilli is on a distinguished road JBCarilli's Avatar
    I rarely have the chance to view the comments on the golf Forums about our products, yet a reoccurring post or inquiry about the price of our DivotAction™ mat products for simulators must be addressed due to the confusion that has been created. We currently offer various DivotAction™ Mats (not to be confused with our other turf tops) , currently for the OptiShot, P3ProSwing, GolfTek ST-1 and the ProTee simulators (even more to come in the future). This should NOT BE CONFUSED with a TURF TOP that fits on top of the simulator sensor pads which is our after-market replacements. The DivotAction™ is and must be a larger turf surface than the sensor pad to create the DivotAction™ motion. The DivotAction™ Mat is currently available in the following sizes, 15" x 30" Mat, 4' x 5' Single Mat and a 4' x 9' Dual Mat.
    Most comments related to the cost $250 as being expensive, yet clarity must be understood that this is a 15" x 30" Mat that can be used as a stand alone mat (set alone or incorporated into or with any existing simulator mat) which includes the actual DivotAction™ turf top that itself is easily replaced when worn out. You do not have to keep spending $250 for the DivotAction™ Mat, you only will replace the DivotAction™ surface itself at a cost of about $80 to $100 for the replacement DivotAction™ turf top. We have specifically designed our DivotAction™ Mat to be versatile for many users needs and cost effective over time. One must also remember that this new technology does come at an initial cost but also remember that we must create a thicker mat than what each simulator now utilizes to create the DivotAction™ surface. Each unique DivotAction™ Mat must accommodate the particular sensor pad of the simulator company to their own specification in thickness and therefore the cost may vary between simulator brands.
    I hope this will finally help clarify some of the talk about the "COST" and you certainly are welcome to contact us via phone or email to get more factual information about this product and how it may benefit you and your simulator or practice mat usage.
    Best wishes for your GOLF SWING!

Thread Information