CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lob Wedge oaky99 is on a distinguished road
    it was in used condition when i bought it. the bloke i bought it off said he had some problems with usb adapter but after fiddling about on it he had it working.
    I might take you up on that offer if i cant get it working in the next couple of weeks zmax.

just found the setup instructions that came with the golf simulator

SDC12083.jpg SDC12086.jpg
    ive changed the settings on the sim but again no difference. Im beginning to think it could be something to do with the dongle as ive tried everything. Where can i buy this dongle from???

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The instructions says to select "NT Balltrack", but you have "BallTrack Sensors" selected. I doubt that this is the problem, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

The dongle is only for GGS ProX and GSA Golf. You have neither. GGS Prox and GSA Golf can be purchased at http://www.golfsimfactory.com/Software.htm

I also see that the board is set for 64 byte. The circuit board needs to be modified for 128 byte in order to work with GGS software.

so i dont need no licence key??

Quote Originally Posted by oaky99 View Post
    so i dont need no licence key??
    You already have the license key. It's in you preference file. It was put in when the software was installed. The USB security dongle is a different kind of key.

Hey, TGSE, you're the expert, help this man out.

70jr
    Did the guy from TGSE help you out oaky99?

No, Haven't heard anything from him yet

70jr
    have you called the mfg for help? i had to call foresight, the IT guy got on my computer and downloaded the driver for the gc2 for me. I know it is the older model but they should be able to help.

Im taking my PC into computer shop tomorrow to check if all drivers and com port are working. I loaded protee with just the usb serial adapter in without being connected to sensor mat and it came up with "sensor mat detected". Has to be driver problem!!

Yup, that's got to be it. I would suggest you get a PCI serial card instead of another serial to USB adapter.

70jr
    oak is it working yet?

Putter TGSE is on a distinguished road
    Hi oaky99,

I'm new to this board and haven't spent a lot of time on it. I've looked at this thread and have a couple of suggestions. First from the photo, it looks like you have an NT2 ball track. Second, if you open up the Sensor Mat you will see the circuit board version printed on the circuit board. Based on your photos, it's probably version 5. It could be either a 64 or 128 bit board. Without a picture of the board, I can't tell.

ProTee software works without a dongle. ProX software requires one. ProX was an upgrade to the original ProTee software. If you have ProX and remove the dongel it reverts to ProTee.

USB to serial port adapters are notoriously fickle. It appears you have a prolific adapter. They usually work. When an adapter does not work properly, the simulator misses shots. The color bar does not suggest an adapter problem. If you decide to add a serial card, make sure it is a high speed one. Mother board mounted serial ports work best.

There is a connection inside the NT2 ball track case that sometimes comes loose. This can cause the symtoms you have described. Open the case and make sure the plug is inserted firmly. We have made it a practice to put a small tie wrap on this connection to secure it on the simulators we have sold. Check the cable between the ProMat and the Ball Track for cuts or kinks. Any break in the tiny wires in this cable can cause problems. Make sure the connection between the Ball Track cable and tne ProMat are also secure.

If you are using a wire tethered mouse make sure it is not sitting on anthing that vibrates. A vibrating mouse will freeze the system and give you the multicolored bar.

Finally, I would recommend that you buy GGS Prox to update your system. This software is completely compatible with the equipment you have and is much more stable and advanced than your version of ProTee software.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good advice TGSE.

Thread Information