100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Free Rules Clinic - Date

Gerry and I have decided that we will be holding our rules clinic on Wednesday, May 25, starting at 6:30.

We understand that this date/time may not suit everyone who indicated that they would like to attend, but we hope that as many as possible can. Having conducted this clinic previously, we found that it took about 2 hours to get through the content that we felt was important, hence the early start.

The clinic will start at the far east end of our practice range at Greensmere. There is a parking lot for the practice range on the east side of the driveway into the club.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Noooo Wednesday is Men's night!
    As much as I would like to learn more about golf, nothing beats playing golf.
    Even I've never heard of me

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    No good for me. I will be in Texas at he Byron Nelson.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Works for me. Count me in.

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Gerry and I have decided that we will be holding our rules clinic on Wednesday, May 25, starting at 6:30.

We understand that this date/time may not suit everyone who indicated that they would like to attend, but we hope that as many as possible can. Having conducted this clinic previously, we found that it took about 2 hours to get through the content that we felt was important, hence the early start.

The clinic will start at the far east end of our practice range at Greensmere. There is a parking lot for the practice range on the east side of the driveway into the club.
    Do we need to register or just show up?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Ian it's good if we have an idea of numbers but we definitely won't turn anyone away that just shows up. The more people we can help the better.

Bogie mgedit is on a distinguished road mgedit's Avatar
    Gerry and Lyle ... great idea to run a clinic. Thanks. I've added it to my agenda and hope to be able to attend. Cheers, Mike

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Gerry, you and Lyle, should Skype the lesson if there is a signal at Greensmere. I know that I would tune in. In any event, good luck with your session.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Mike it is an interesting idea but all I've got is my iphone and it would probably eat up a lot of bandwidth. Good idea though and thanks.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Gerry, I'm attending your May 31st clinic at Hunt Club. You have been warned.

The clinic for tomorrow, Wednesday, is still on. 6:30 pm at the north east end of the practice range at Greensmere.

You might want to bring some bug spray with you.

I'd like to thank Shaner85 for coming out to Greensmere for the rules clinic and hopefully going away with some useful information on the rules. I'm sure he'll use some of the info in his future matches to help get himself out of trouble .

Team Match Play Champ 2011 shaner85 is on a distinguished road shaner85's Avatar
    Hi Gerry and Lyle,

thanks for putting it on despite the low turn out. It was worth the drive to the course for sure and I will go to the next one. I have never been to Greensmere before and this was a great way to get introduced. I did have a question about spike marks in your putting path. If it happens that there are marks in your putting line, you are not allowed to fix them right? I retained most of the other stuff you guys were telling me and I do appreciate it.

Thanks again Gentlemen.

Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by shaner85 View Post
    Hi Gerry and Lyle,

thanks for putting it on despite the low turn out. It was worth the drive to the course for sure and I will go to the next one. I have never been to Greensmere before and this was a great way to get introduced. I did have a question about spike marks in your putting path. If it happens that there are marks in your putting line, you are not allowed to fix them right? I retained most of the other stuff you guys were telling me and I do appreciate it.
    On the putting green you may remove loose impediments, repair ball marks and old hole cups, but tapping down spike marks is a definite no-no. After all players have putted out, however, it is good etiquette to tap them down.

Thanks for the comments.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    The clinic was fun Gerry, and I learned a lot. FYI, I looked at the bulletin that was sent out to Hunt members, and I see they put down Monday May 31st; so maybe we had less turnout because of this admin error.

I wasn't disappointed at all with the turnout as it was such a nice evening and some that may have planned on attending were probably playing golf. Too bad about the error on the sheet but I'm not there tonight so hope noone showed up. Off to the Royal tomorrow for another clinic.

Thread Information