CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ClubLink

Albatross freddyottawa is on a distinguished road freddyottawa's Avatar

ClubLink

Hi All,

So it looks like I am going to be a member at ClubLink, I will be joining Hautes Plaines after confirming a couple of things over the phone this coming Monday. I am so excited to be finally joining after think about toying with the idea last year.

I actually live in the East end and work in the West end, so I will always have a course close by that I can play at by the looks of things. I don't know too many other people that actually play golf (moved here from England a few years back) so i'm hoping that I can find some people to play with through here and the courses.

One question I was hoping someone could answer, being a member at Hautes Plaines, do I get free access to practice facilities at any of the other courses? I understand that I get reciprocal play at the other courses, but can i just stop by and make use of the other courses practice facilities at no charge?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    yes

and congrats!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Noticed Greyhawk was open today
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    One complaint I've heard from a few people I've been paired up with that used to be members of Hautes Plaines was that they felt like second class golfers at the other Clublink courses. They said on weekends priority is given to members and it was very difficult to get tee times before late morning. I can understand why other courses would be upset, it seems like quite a number of people sign up to Haute Plaines to take advantage of the cheap rates, the all the really play are the other courses in the area.

That being said, I've contemplated becoming a Clublink member many times. The courses are fantastic and the possibility of playing one of their newly acquired courses in Florida really makes it a real advantage.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jterpstr View Post
    One complaint I've heard from a few people I've been paired up with that used to be members of Hautes Plaines was that they felt like second class golfers at the other Clublink courses. They said on weekends priority is given to members and it was very difficult to get tee times before late morning.
    As a former HP member, I never had this problem. I joined late in the season though, August, and I found that the tee times were wide open. I'd play Eagle Creek on Saturday or Sunday morning and invite 2 or 3 guests, no problem. Sure sometimes I couldn't book Saturday morning at 8am, and I would have to take 10am or later; but it's understandable that members of the home course have priority access. They pay big bucks to have that priviledge.

Thread Information