CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Gadz is on a distinguished road

Swing Speed - Shaft Flex - Fitting - Trail & Error Too costly

Guys, I think it may be time to get my swing analyzed. I've got off-the-self-clubs (Callaway X-20 irons cerca 2009 / TM Burner 9.5 driver w/ stiff shaft) but I am much smaller than the average guy. My lie and staff flex are probably all wrong but as most folks, I have learn to just adapt. I am beyond frustrated with my consistency and am looking for some help.

I launch my drives a mile in the air with a regular/natural fade. My low irons seem to all go the same distance and just forget about my high irons as I just can't get consistency. Yes, I'm a mess. I'm a B level golfer but really believe its a matter of consistency which I truly believe is from my iron play.

My questions.....

1) Should I get my swing analyzed for my driver launch?
    2) Do you think it would help in finding the proper flex/manufacturer?
    3) I'd prefer to find an all-in-one solution that can analyze and fit me. I'm in the west end of Ottawa and would like to find someone local. Any recommendations?

Lessons... yes I could use many but I'm in the mindset that my clubs just aren't right for me and would like to find out what options are available to me to get them right for me. It seems like a much less costly avenue than getting yet another driver and irons set to fill my bag.

Thanks guys. I`d appreciate to hear what you say/think.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    The description of the issues with your game would seem to indicate that you would benefit from a few lessons before worrying about getting fit perfectly for a set of clubs.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Why waste money on a fitting if you don't have a decent foundation to build upon? For me i wouldn't see the point in getting fit and then taking lessons to improve which will most likely change your setup and set make up. Get out there and get some lessons first!

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Well, he did say he's much smaller than average. It's hard to play with off the shelf clubs if you're 5 foot tall, lessons or no lessons.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Even if you're fairly new to the game, everyone still has their 'natural' swing, and getting fitted can help for sure, especially if you are smaller than average and feel like the clubs are too big for you. You can't build a decent foundation if you can't even swing the golf club properly due to its length

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    Artisan Golf in Kanata now has Trackman. No better ball flight analysis exists. It'll tell you the various swing paths/ planes, condition of face at impact, clubhead speed, launch conditions, etc. While you may get fit for new gear, the most valuable info will be what you need to correct via practice and likely lessons, which ultimately will address a lot of your problems with more long term results than some gear fit to your swing on that particular day.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    I have to echo Domo. Artisan golf can help get the most from your swing whatever that might be. Don at Artisan has been adjusting my clubs for my swing from my days of scoring in the 100's to 90' and now low 80's. Lessons and practice are also critical IMO.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    I have to echo Domo. Artisan golf can help get the most from your swing whatever that might be. Don at Artisan has been adjusting my clubs for my swing from my days of scoring in the 100's to 90' and now low 80's. Lessons and practice are also critical IMO.
    what he said.....

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    I have been to Artisan Golf, Don is amazing. Highly recommended.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Sand Wedge wagolfpro is on a distinguished road
    A good club fitting should be part of starting a series of lessons, so look for an instructor who will cover both, or work with a clubfitter so they are on the same page. Based on your described flight, my initial assumption is that you have a problem with casting the club before impact. That causes many long irons to go the same distance, and the driver to fly high. Get your swing looked at, get fitted, and start a series with a good instructor, and you'll be playing your best golf by summer's end!

Thread Information