CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf Shows?

Lob Wedge footwedge is on a distinguished road

Golf Shows?

Are there any Golf Shows in the Kingston, Brockville, 1000 Islands area, scheduled for the Spring or Summer next year?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    There is usually one in the spring in Kingston. I do not know the date yet.

If you happen to come across it before I do, can you post the date and location please....in the meantime I'll ask around...thanks

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    There is usually one during the last weekend in March at the indoor soccer dome behind East Side Mario's on Division Street in Kingston.

3 Iron TheBananaSlice is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    There is usually one during the last weekend in March at the indoor soccer dome behind East Side Mario's on Division Street in Kingston.
    Is it any good....or is it just over priced component clubs? (like most of the shows that come to Kingston)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBananaSlice
    Is it any good....or is it just over priced component clubs? (like most of the shows that come to Kingston)
    It's actually pretty good. Lots of good sponsors. It takes up the whole dome and there are plenty of booths set up by various businesses and courses. Pro Golf and Cec March each have a wack of floor space where you can get good deals on stuff and NO TAX! Half of the dome is used for a range where you can try our equipment. Last year they had reps from Taylormade, Wilson, Ping, Cleveland, Adams, Tommy Armour/RAM, and a bunch of others. Plus they have CPGA pro's giving lessons, and of course loads of contests to enter.

I'm not sure which other "shows" you are referring to as this one is the only one I know that runs in Kingston. Perhpaps you are getting confused with that Golf Liquidation sale that pulls into town every year and sets up shop at the Ambassador Hotel for a week. That's not a show, it's just some guys selling cheap golf gear.

3 Iron TheBananaSlice is on a distinguished road
    the cheap shows are what i meant.....what you describe sounds like a cousin of the big show in Toronto.....i wish the newspaper guy in my neighbourhood would actually deliver me a paper so i would be aware of things like that show......i look foward to march now....only have to survive 5 months of kingston winter until then....

Last year the show was sponsored by K-Rock and I imagine it will be again. If you tune into 105.7 anytime after Feb, you won't be able to miss the details.

now that it's Spring......

With the weather we had yesterday it makes you think about the fairways already...

Any further word from anybody in Kingston about details on the golf show that's coming up?
    I'm looking for information about setting up a booth at the show.

Footwedge,

Did you get my PM from some time ago regarding a booth at the golf show? Don't quote me on this, but I think you need to contact Rob Doak at K-Rock (549-1057). K-Rock was the main sponsor last year. He should be able to assist you. Hope that helps.

BTW, I went and hit some balls for the first time at the Soccer Dome yesterday. $9 for a large bucket, 60 yards of flight space is just enough to see if the ball is starting to hook, fade, etc. Not a bad option if you're starting to feel that "itch".

Cheers.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    1st weekend in April at the soccer dome.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    IMO the show in Kingston was really bad last year. A lot of the booths had nothing to do with golf but were selling hot tubs and travel packages. There were only 2 that had clubs and equipment and it was all the junk that they couldn't sell at their stores so they brought it there and knock 10 bucks off to try and get rid of it. They had some booths where you could hit at the screen and see you club path but it cost extra and another where you could see what shaft is right for you but that was extra too. The only thing there worth doing is hitting the demos and you can go to Golf Town or any shop and do that without the 10 dollar cover.
    Just my 2 cents,
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    IMO the show in Kingston was really bad last year. A lot of the booths had nothing to do with golf but were selling hot tubs and travel packages. There were only 2 that had clubs and equipment and it was all the junk that they couldn't sell at their stores so they brought it there and knock 10 bucks off to try and get rid of it. They had some booths where you could hit at the screen and see you club path but it cost extra and another where you could see what shaft is right for you but that was extra too. The only thing there worth doing is hitting the demos and you can go to Golf Town or any shop and do that without the 10 dollar cover.
    Just my 2 cents,
    Denny
    Hey Denny,

I guess I should have clarified - the name of the show is "The Kingston Golf, TRAVEL and LEISURE Show". I wouldn't go so far as to say "alot" of the booths had nothing to do with golf. As I recall, there was a booth from a hot tub and spa business, a booth for a chiropractor (remember, lots of golfers with back problems), and a booth for Focus Eye (laser eye surgery). But aside from that, most of the booths were selling/promoting golf-related items and services. Yes, I agree, alot of it was stuff I'm not interested in such as over-priced golf getaways and those annoying R2-D2 electronic carts. I too spent most of my time hitting demo clubs from the various equipment reps. Unlike you though, I thought it was worth $10 just to have access to all that gear at an arm's length and to chat with the reps. You have to remember, we don't have a Golftown here :cryin so this is as good as its going to get for Kingston. Sure, I could go to Pro Golf or Cec March and demo their stuff for free, but it's not the same. Besides, when you're starving for golf, what else is there to do on a March Saturday afternoon in Kingston???

P.S. How do you like Ottawa?

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Jim,
    It's pretty good! Golf Town just down the road and they have a lot of winter golf programs that let you practice all winter long with instruction. I didn't get to play much last season once I got here, but getting a membership to Highlands this season so if your coming this way give me a shout and we can go for around at the Highlands it's supposed to be pretty nice.

On the golf show part, I guess I was pretty starving by the time the show came to town to just hit a ball, let alone see a little bit of flight.

Good luck this year Jim, hopefully I make regionals and can watch you crack that R7!!!

Denny

Good to hear! Man, I wish Kingston had a Golf Town:dissappro . I have a buddy with a membership at Hylands, and I plan on coming up this summer, so we'll tee up then. I released from the military this past Sept, so no regionals for me . Good luck to you though.

Quick update on the upcoming "Golf" show in Kingston scheduled for 2-3 April. The show has shifted direction and is now called the "Kingston Golf, Hunting and Fishing Show" (or something like that). My instructor is an established pro at one of the courses that usually sets up a booth. According to him, Loyalist is the only course he knows of that is planning to attend. They will still have a few equipment reps and the demo area, but most of the booths will be hunting and fishing. Another peculiar thing is that I have not yet heard or seen any promotion of the show whatsoever. Usually K-Rock is promoting it, but I have not heard anything this year. Anyways, this does not bode well for the show IMO. I'm willing to bet it won't be worth the drive, let alone $10...

Hi jbrace

I appreciate your response and the information for the show. I've been a bit too busy to check any updates on this website, I'm glad I received an email.

Even though the show theme is modified, it's still worthwhile for my company to set up a booth there. We need to get the word out.

I'll be there in Kingston for sure after a successful golf show here in Ottawa.

Thread Information