CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2011 Goals

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's a ing ridiculous drop in handicap over one season of golf, how the hell did you achieve that??!!
    he already said he got rid of his girlfriend ;-)
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    here is my update:

1. Get out as much as possible - at least once a week (well, not doing too bad here as of late)
    2. Get cap to single digits (12 right now) - no movement here - but it was a dream with minimal playing, no practice, and no lessons
    3. Shoot in the 70's a couple of times - not yet - 81/82 is the closest I have come but its there.
    4. Play with more OG'ers and put some faces to the names - got out with a few i hadn't played with before

Put my old driver back in the bag last week and while its not as long, its much straighter. For those that have golfed with me as of late I am struggling with the driver and fighting the hooks. Not getting off the tee has hurt me in the scoring dept. but my iron play and putting has saved me.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I think it's just a matter of figuring out what my mistakes are and working on not having them happen again. Getting fitted for a driver this year helped me a ton with driver reliability, and it's rare that I really mi one to take a penalty. My irons are decent as well, so the next thing I worked on was chipping so I can get up and down a lot more often. I rarely take penalties anymore.

I probably play more than the average golfer (every saturday and sunday, occasionally 36 in one day), on the weekdays I'd get out 2-3 times for 9 holes after work and occasionally 18. I think a big thing was being competitive and simply 'competing' with people that I'm playing with. Regular group of guys I played with on men's night or on the weekends are around the same handicap or better at the start of the season, so while I wasn't always playing matches against them, I tried to beat them or at least see what they were doing better than I was.

I still don't feel like I'm playing great, and I know there's so much more room for improvement. Next year will pretty much be 90% practicing on putting and wedges from 80-100 yards because I must be losing about 4-5 strokes per round on messing those up.

Pablo, what did you do this year to improve?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    How did you finish in the CC Denis? Who won?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Finished in 2nd place, 1 stroke behind Sebastien Cote.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    How did you finish in the CC Denis? Who won?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Well done!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    My Update:
    Get my handicap down to 16 or below again. Bad, now at 21.1
    Play as much as possible. Failing lately, emergency home renovation is getting in the way right now.
    Joined GAO in hopes of posting good scores and lowering official handicap. Done but cap is on the way up big time. Sad really.
    Play Marshes, Stonebridge and Loch March at least once this season.
    Played Stonebridge once a couple of weeks ago, didn't really like it. Haven't been to the other 2 yet. Marshes will hopefully happen this year. Vacation to Europe for 2.5 weeks won't the golf though. LOL.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Thread Information