Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Must... resist... urge...
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Haha urge to what, on a 62?

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Haha urge to what, on a 62?
    No need to. I got the result I was looking for.

Tiger played great today, there's no denying it. You may note that I have said, on several occasions I believe, that Tiger is the most talented golfer who ever lived. My problem isn't with Tiger the golfer, it's with Tiger the person. Oh... also the golf media's love affair with Tiger. Not a fan of that either.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I'm jumping on the Rory Bandwagon

#1 baby!!!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

He's definitely solid as hell, i'm really hoping we see him keep stepping it up and hopefully Tiger can regain his greatness. It would be a great rivalry.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I actually think we are seeing the start of a great rivalry. With both Westwood and tiger right there. This is shaping up to be a great year. Love Rory's style and game. Good to see tiger take it low and get him in the mix!

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road
    gropper- The "T" in Tiger should be upper case...eh? Kind of like the "g" in gropper.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Your on a bit of a spelling kick lately. Typing on a phone. Relax

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road
    Well i was kidding gropper. Bur could not find the emoticons on the quoted reply box!!!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Tiger will now be battling with golfers created from his mold. Tiger was the prototype for young golfers, excellent physical shape combined with technically immaculate swings, while being followed by swing coaches, mind coaches and people to make their lives easier. Tiger was the first one to have all this around him and he helped bring golf to where it is today. I am happy to see Rory play the way he is paying, but I was also very very very pumped on the 62 Tiger shot in a final round with crazy winds!

You know you have arrives when they start "Tiger Proofing" courses, I wonder if they will ever "Rory Proof" courses?

It will be a great year for golf!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I'm really hoping Tiger is back (or at least well on his way). Tiger vs Rory would be one hell of a rivalry. A lot of very talented golfers would have stumbled in from 13 on after hearing the roars of the crowd. These two could make for some exciting tournament finishes over the next few years.

Side note: I clipped the cable/satellite a year ago, and this was honestly the FIRST time I regretted it.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Rory's worst finish has been 3rd in his last 12 tournaments which is a testament to his consistency and the reason he reached #1 status. Tiger can be happy with his 62 but the most amazing thing about the tournament was Gillis tying Tiger!! The real comeback is when he is able to compete week in and week out with today's top guns.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Top 3 finishes in 4 of last 5 stroke play finishes and you think he can't compete with today's top guns? Pretty high standards Tiger has set I guess.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I never said that, I said he will have to do it week in and week out, there is a difference. In seeing him play his game seems to be very good, its the consistency over the four days of a tournament that seems to be keeping him from winning.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I never said that, I said he will have to do it week in and week out, there is a difference. In seeing him play his game seems to be very good, its the consistency over the four days of a tournament that seems to be keeping him from winning.
    That's what impresses me the most right now about Tiger... even mediocre Tiger is still in the mix on Sunday. Goes to show you how good this guy really is! If nothing more, the round he played on Sunday, especially the putting is finally something positive that he can look back on since his world imploded - and i can only see him getting stronger from here.

I do not think that he is playing mediocre at all, he is just not putting 4 consecutive rounds together. He said it himself.
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    With Lee and Tiger significantly behind Rory after three rounds, there was no pressure on them and so scoring 63/62 was "easy" as they had nothing to lose. Having a lead after three rounds makes it very difficult to continue playing well and only the strongest survive. All three did what they had to do, albeit in different ways, and it was very exciting to watch.

What was especially refreshing was the manner in which Rory spoke after winning the tournament. Honest, humble and grateful, thanking first, on behalf of the players, all those who made the tournament possible. On the course, reacting to both the good and bad shots, maturely. Quite the contrast, isn't it? It is hard to imagine someone scoring 62, and having to drop the "F" bomb, a couple of times.

One spectacular round does not mean "he's back," but hopefully it will cause those who were highly critical of Sean Foley and Tiger, for the swing changes (particularly Brandel Chamblee) to eat some crow.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Honda Classic reports 45% increase in attendance... I wonder if Tiger had anything to do with that!!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Can't wait for Tiger to be back, no matter what anyone says, he does make golf more interesting when he's playing well.

http://www.ndtex.com/wp-content/uplo...gonna-hate.gif

Haters gonna hate, i love people who say they are offended by seeing him mouth the word on Television, do you always bite your tongue when playing 18? You would also see everyone else do it as well if the cameras were on them as much as they are on Tiger.

I also can't comprehend how a 62 can be classified as easy regardless of whether or not there are quotations on it or not BC. The wind was howling, it was the final day of competition on a very difficult golf course and somehow you find it possible to downplay on an amazing round of golf because you aren't a fan of him. Wow.

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    I think the bigger part of Tiger being 'back' is the lack of awe from today's players. 10 years ago the leader would have collapsed with Tiger charging on Sunday. Rory made several great up- and- downs to win that tourney. In the days before YE Yang, Tiger wins the Honda more often than not. Tiger may ( probably) will get his golf game back, but I think that intimidation (others hitting self destruct in his presence), is gone. Great Sunday for Tiger and great close by Rory. Should make for an interesting Masters. My $0.02

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Haters gonna hate, i love people who say they are offended by seeing him mouth the word on Television, (1) do you always bite your tongue when playing 18? You would also see everyone else do it as well if the cameras were on them as much as they are on Tiger.

(2)I also can't comprehend how a 62 can be classified as easy regardless of whether or not there are quotations on it or not BC. The wind was howling, it was the final day of competition on a very difficult golf course and somehow you find it possible to downplay on an amazing round of golf because you aren't a fan of him. Wow.
    (1) For the most part, yes, but if I was inclined, at times, it would never happen with millions of people watching.

(2) Tiger's and Lee's rounds were spectacular and being a fan of Sean Foley's teachings, I am glad to see the positive changes in Tiger's swing and believe that he will consistently contend again, and that does make watching golf more interesting. From a mental game point of view, most everyone knows that when there is little or no pressure, it is much easier to play well, than when having a lead and a day to think about it, it is obviously difficult to maintain, and for many in the past, the House of Cards crumbled. Just ask Kyle Stanley.

So I am not discounting Tiger's play on Sunday; it was amazing. However, simply compare the attitudes of Tiger and Rory, and it's easy to understand why so many are fed up with Tiger's, regardless of his play.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I would have to disagree with you BC but for other reasons than you state. I think Tiger is under constant pressure, pressure from everyone watching and waiting to see if his game returns to the level it was pre-November implosion. He knows the eyes of the golfing world on him every time he tees it up and are ready to pounce on his shortcomings or praise his return to elite golfer. So for those reasons I'd have to say his 62 was that much more impressive, whereas he still probably had more pressure on him than Rory.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Of all the things Tiger did on Sunday, I'm surprised more wasn't made of his tossing of his putter after he missed the birdie putt (on I forget which green). He flips it to himself but failed to catch it, and it lands on the green. It probably didn't make a dent in the green but guess what, now a bunch of kids are going to try to flip their putters and possibly damage greens.

I'm not a Tiger hater, I love his passion which is Tom Bradyesque, in your face; but you can't pull that crap on a weekend round with your buddies and yet Tiger's doing this on National TV. Lack of respect to the game imo.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

He will never change, he has always been very emotional and very tough on himself. His competitiveness and passion are too much for him to keep in, maybe not a bad thing sometimes but the fact that he is Tiger means cameras are on him all the time. There are many on the PGA tour who are much much worse but he is THE one kids look at!! It does not justify his actions but to expect him to change at this point is like you changing to Left handed golf, not gonna happen

I remember a story Tiger told about losing to the local Pro when he was quite young in a match (10 yrs old or something) and he refused to shake the Pro's hand after the match. He left the course and went to the parking lot and realised that his mother had left him there to walk home to teach him a lesson. His competitive fire is built in and is not close to being fizzled out anytime soon.
    Lefty Lucas

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    She obviously failed to teach him that lesson as he still behaves like a selfish, spoiled brat. Just because there may be worse out there doesn't make it acceptable.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I agree, and I am not justifying his behaviour by any means, the fact that the cameras are on him all the time means we get to see his every move, good and bad.
    Lefty Lucas

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Lets take a poll. How old are you guys that are offended by Tiger's F-Bombs on the course? I don't understand it either, I don't care what he or anyone else does, as long as they play golf. Athletes aren't role models...

I disagree, I think many kids look up to athletes, just look over at any Senators game bench as the players file out, all kids looking for their idols/role model's signature. After Tiger's final round the cameras showed him signing autographs and it was 90% kids. F-bombs do not bother me but if I had a young son/daughter and Tiger was blowing a fuse I would not be too pleased that it is being broadcast. That being said it would give me the chance to show my son/daughter that even the pros can be poor sports.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information