CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar

Hazzard Relief question

On Mon when 2 glove Gainy was given his final point of relief from the hazzard on 17, his ball was outside the hazzard line but to hit the shot he was standing inside the hazzard line. I thought that when you took relief you must take total relief for you and the ball or is that only for free relief from immovable obstructions?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    When taking relief as Tommy did the ball must be outside the hazard but you can stand in the hazard. If you are taking free relief from an immovable obstruction you must take full relief. That means that if it's a cart path you must have total relief, swing and stance, from the cart path. If a tree or something else is in your way it's your bad luck. The key for cart path relief is often to have a look where you'll have to take your relief and drop as often hitting off the path could be your best shot.
    Another note to Tommy's drop was how many noticed that his caddy was in the hazard and had to wait until his ball crossed the hazard line before stopping it. There were lots of good things about the situation in that Slugger had to help find a spot where the ball would stay on the slope, not closer to the hole. I watched where Tommy dropped his second time and he wasn't paying close attention to where it hit the ground and was off an inch or so and I was wondering if someone was going to call in and mention that but after the ball wouldn't stay that wasn't an issue . He handled it pretty good for loosing a lot of money on that hole.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    I watched where Tommy dropped his second time and he wasn't paying close attention to where it hit the ground and was off an inch or so and I was wondering if someone was going to call in and mention that but after the ball wouldn't stay that wasn't an issue .
    I called but no one answered.

A simple challenge. Gainey did not see where the ball hit the ground after the second drop, the point where the ball should have been placed. If he had have acknowledged that he did not know where the spot was, how should he have then proceeded?

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    I'm not sure I understand what is going on here but doesn't 'as near as possible' cover it?

Thread Information