100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I am considering signing up for this event...could be fun to get another competitive round in before the kid comes along. Looks like I would be in the bottom half of the A flight seeing as my index, has been climbing steadily.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    I'm at 11.6 right now. Will be one of the cellar boys in the A flight
    I'll be right there with you Scott! We'll hold it down !!! I'm curiuos what tees they will make us play.
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

My guess is that championship and A flight will play the blues - anything higher will play whites.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    My guess is that championship and A flight will play the blues - anything higher will play whites.
    Damn, there goes my course knowledge advantage. It's been a long time since I played the whites there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskie View Post
    Damn, there goes my course knowledge advantage. It's been a long time since I played the whites there...
    Ah just 1 less club off the tee !! You'll be fine. Or hurry up and get your cap down to 12.0 and join us in A flight !!!

This just IMO...I have no valid facts or evidence that it will be done that way. Just basing it off how I have seen other flighted events handled.

Well... After today's round I'm sitting at exactly 12.1 index... I guess no golf for me till the 20th...

Come on ... one more round !!

My cap is still staying where it is at after this weekend. 85 & 81 yesterday , 82 today. I was hoping I would join you in B flight, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Lol... After my rounds this weekend I'm up at 12.1 also
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Ahh, so we do battle Scotty

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Struggling with approach and putting ...should be an easy victory. Wouldve been higher if rcga had edeldweis on their course list. Shot a 97 yesterday esc 93. Had 6 3putts. Off the tee I was fine.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I need to switch putters before this event and I should be good (and hopefully contend as well).
    My Scotty has to go! Played a round today at Eagle Creek using my playing partners putter the entire time, what a difference. The putter was like butter!

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    I need to switch putters before this event and I should be good (and hopefully contend as well).
    My Scotty has to go! Played a round today at Eagle Creek using my playing partners putter the entire time, what a difference. The putter was like butter!
    so what your saying is you played with 15 clubs and cheated again, I thought you would of learned after your blunder on 14 yesterday. Ps. tell me u played skins and took it to those boys.

give ya $40 dolla for the scotty

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    7 days to go!!! I'm pumped!!!

Eagle-Creek.JPG
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Same here! Been playing EC more than usual too, and in preparation for next weeks tourny/qualifier I took Mon-Wed off of work. I'll be playing EC this weekend again and probably 36 on Monday. /fist pump

Oh yea, I can't wait to shoot a 90 too...

You can look for #2 to play a little tighter with all of the standing water covering the entire waste bunker down the left.

Same here! Been playing EC more than usual too, and in preparation for next weeks tourny/qualifier I took Mon-Wed off of work. I'll be playing EC this weekend again and probably 36 on Monday. /fist pump
    So you'll be in Championship flight?

It's a free drop though if you hit it into the standing water though, right? I actually forgot about that and played in like a water hazard last time I played, turned into a double bogey

And no Pablo, I most certainly will not be. My handicap will not drop below 6.1 until after the tournament

You're 6.1 now. i looked you up on RCGA.

Hahah, exactly. I'm sure it'll stay that way until Wednesday My putter is really off, I keep stick handling on the 18th hole, jk. I'm really not a sand bagger, promise

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    You're 6.1 now. i looked you up on RCGA.

It's a free drop though if you hit it into the standing water though, right? I actually forgot about that and played in like a water hazard last time I played, turned into a double bogey
    I THINK it's a free drop because it's a waste bunker and not a hazard. You may want to have them clarify that before the round. I believe it was a free drop during the Interclub qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    I THINK it's a free drop because it's a waste bunker and not a hazard. You may want to have them clarify that before the round. I believe it was a free drop during the Interclub qualifier.
    It is depending which way you go in relation to the red stake in the middle of the hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    It is depending which way you go in relation to the red stake in the middle of the hazard.
    Well if you are in the hazard, you are in the hazard. If you are in the red stakes then I believe it would be considered casual water.

Hahah, exactly. I'm sure it'll stay that way until Wednesday My putter is really off, I keep stick handling on the 18th hole, jk. I'm really not a sand bagger, promise
    Sandbagger !! lol... get outta my division !!!

*jk* Would be good to get paired up with fellow OG'ers...

Hopefully I can get out one more time prior to the tourney. I plan on leaving the peninsula alone and just hitting driver to the left of the bunker and going in from there !

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    Sandbagger !! lol... get outta my division !!!

*jk* Would be good to get paired up with fellow OG'ers...

Hopefully I can get out one more time prior to the tourney. I plan on leaving the peninsula alone and just hitting driver to the left of the bunker and going in from there !
    Depending on how far you hit it off the tee and / or what tees you are playing...if you stay left of the bunker you can have a shorter shot in. And the tee shot is a little easier.

Not to mention a shorter walk.

Yea, Tim is a long hitter, if you go right and it works out (don't hook it into the water past the peninsula, or don't go right into the bunker/hazard), then that might be the safer play.
    I'm going that way either way, too conservative of a player

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Yea, Tim is a long hitter, if you go right and it works out (don't hook it into the water past the peninsula, or don't go right into the bunker/hazard), then that might be the safer play.
    I'm going that way either way, too boring of a player
    Saw a typo so I fixed it for you.

Pfft, yea, that's what a jealous person would say!

Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Saw a typo so I fixed it for you.

Thread Information