CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Played Greensmere it was soaked, greens like sponges..... 5 1/2 hour round as well.....brutal....

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Anybody played the Marshes yet? I'm playing tomorrow and would like to know what to expect...

7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar
    Stonebridge conditions anyone?

Putter SUNRAY is on a distinguished road SUNRAY's Avatar

Cedarhill

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyOctopus View Post
    Front 9 is fairly soggy back 9 fairly dry except for 13. Greens are in pretty good shape and were cut before we teed off Friday morning. They were lightning fast and I must have 3 wacked the first few holes.

All in all first round of the season and had a terrible front 9 but a decent back 9.
    Thanks for the info. I'll be going out tomorrow! I can handle 9 terrible holes for 9 decent - this time of year. Thanks again.

I'll post Sunday conditions soon afterwards.

Cheers.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Hammond...
    Don't see Hammond on the Spring Openings list. Any info / updates? Weather guy said that Ottawa has already had DOUBLE it's normal rainfall for the month, and more coming. Suspect weather and drainage issues are hurting their operation.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    I drive by Hammond every day, they just took off the tarps and the course looks very very rough, winter kill spots everywhere, water still puddled in fairways etc, It will likely be like 2 years ago where the course was in horrible shape til about mid june.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Got out to Cedarhill this afternoon. There were 3 or 4 soggy holes, but the rest of the course was pretty good. Greens were running pretty quick too. Overall, I was impressed with the condition for this time of year. It was my first round though, so I can't say how it stacks up against other courses.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Mont Cascade

Got a round in at Mont Cascade this afternoon. A little wet in spots but very playable. Most greens have faired extremely well with some minor winter kill on a couple. But most shaping up very well - punched and a little slow but such is to be expected at this time in the year. They have one temp on the 17 par 3 with tarp covering the actual green still. This is probably the most shaded green on the course and, with some snow still in the woods, recognition that they care. And the main thing - they told us about it before we paid.

The only negative comment I would make - and it's not their fault - it would be that both the roads into the course (from Cantley or Wakefield) are an absolute disaster. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. If I drove anything other than an SUV, I'd probably think twice about going back until the roads were fixed.

At $25 green fees for a sunny, Sunday afternoon of golf....a great day was had by all!!!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Played Equinelle today. The course wintered very well with no signs of winter kill. Greens were very slow, but smooth. Fairways were very soft, like walking on thick carpet, somewhat wet but very playable. Most bunkers were wet but groomed, balls tended to bury in them. They were charging $58.

All in all, not bad at all. I'd give it a couple of weeks to dry out and have the greens cut and it should be in early summer shape (unless we get all those promised buckets of rain next week).

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Played Emerald Links today - West/East. A few dead spots on the greens, but the course looks very green (compared to the Meadows on Friday). However, that "very green" comes from the long grass Greens were a little inconsistent, but the putts rolled really well (for me). I'm not sure what will happen to the greens this spring/summer, but the course is in pretty good shape for this time of year.

Scott
    aka Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Played at the Marshes yesterday. The course is in pretty good shape considering the time of year and the amount of rain we've had. The fairways were a little spongy... and furry. It was cart-path only. The greens were a little slower and bumpier than usual but overall quite nice. A couple of the greens had small tarps over some sections (#4 and #10).

It was $70 + tax.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarinas View Post
    Stonebridge conditions anyone?
    Played Stonebridge today...course is in great shape for this time of year. Greens are a bit slow but rolling true. Fairways are mostly dry and still punched from last season.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Played Renfrew this morning and the course is in good shape for this time of year, nice and dry. Greens need to be cut and are very slow and sandy.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Played Stonebridge today...course is in great shape for this time of year. Greens are a bit slow but rolling true. Fairways are mostly dry and still punched from last season.
    I played there as well too, couple wet spots but overall in decent shape.
    I've got to know what they use to top dress though as it was like gravel in some spots.
    Really marked up the club faces on a couple shots.
    Even I've never heard of me

AvidGolfer59
    Played Renfrew Golf Club twice this weekend. Once on Good Friday and one on Sunday. Course was in amazing shape. It must drain really well. Greens were also really good. Great value for 2 golfers and a cart for $69.00!!!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    With 50-80mm of rain to come between now and the weekend, I'm wondering - will ANY course be playable on Saturday or Sunday? This much rain in the summer takes a little while to soak in... but has the ground thawed out enough/dried up enough to absorb all this precipitation and not create fairway lakes at 80% of the area's courses?

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Played Outaouais today, a few wet spots but overall it was in very good condition!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    With 50-80mm of rain to come between now and the weekend, I'm wondering - will ANY course be playable on Saturday or Sunday? This much rain in the summer takes a little while to soak in... but has the ground thawed out enough/dried up enough to absorb all this precipitation and not create fairway lakes at 80% of the area's courses?
    I bet Smugglers will be good, but it's not Ottawa.

Well, NCGT starts this weekend at Cloverdale. I guess we'll see how well it drains...

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskie View Post
    Well, NCGT starts this weekend at Cloverdale. I guess we'll see how well it drains...
    It was pretty wet on Friday with only the front nine open...bring your Billy Boots Alex mate

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I guess I will bring 2 pairs of shoes for sure or my rubber boots with spikes
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam781 View Post
    I played there as well too, couple wet spots but overall in decent shape.
    I've got to know what they use to top dress though as it was like gravel in some spots.
    Really marked up the club faces on a couple shots.
    Played it twice this weekend and agree with the previous posters that it wintered very well. The greens should be great again this year. As for the gravel, I don't think it was spread on the course on purpose, I believe the course was built on a more "gravelly" base and it usually works its way to the top over the winter. Number 8 is particularly bad this year, with the top tier fairway having large rocks all over it. Once the grass thickens a bit and is cut a few more times, the gravel should not be an issue anymore. I agree though, it seems worse this year than others.

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Played at the Marshes yesterday. The course is in pretty good shape considering the time of year and the amount of rain we've had. The fairways were a little spongy... and furry. It was cart-path only. The greens were a little slower and bumpier than usual but overall quite nice. A couple of the greens had small tarps over some sections (#4 and #10).

It was $70 + tax.
    +1

They could have very safely done 90 degrees with the carts on Sunday, but I can appreciate that they want to be careful early in the season. I was glad I had my carry bag with me to pop in and out of the cart on occasion.

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    Played at the Gatineau on Friday. It was very much an "under construction" feel to it. Lots of sod covering up bare patches and unfinished features. Many of the greens were still seriously holed up from the aeration at the end of last year. The only real redeeming thing is that I guess they have good drainage, not all that wet considering. I would give it a couple months before going back but they gave me a free round that I've got to use within a month. So I guess I'll give it another go in May sometime.

Surprisingly, Pineview snuck open it's executive course on the weekend and I played it Sunday. Quite good conditions really. The ground was a little spongy so we had a number of plugged balls but overall pretty good.

8 Iron CoolDog1029 is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone playing Canadian? Any updates would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDog1029 View Post
    Has anyone playing Canadian? Any updates would be appreciated!
    Played it on Sunday. Wet, as expected, but playable. Greens were about average for this time of year.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Played Kingsway park today...front 9 was soaked and greens punched. Some traps full of water. Back 9 was less wet. But at least it was sunny

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Played CedarHill today. Soaking Wet on pretty much every hole, greens were bumpy but still fast.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Also, the 2 nines have been switched. Hole #1 was the original 10 and vice versa.
    The new 18 is now closer to the parking lot. Which is convenien, you put your gears away and then head to the lounge for refreshments.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Played Kingsway park today...front 9 was soaked and greens punched. Some traps full of water. Back 9 was less wet. But at least it was sunny

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    Also, the 2 nines have been switched. Hole #1 was the original 10 and vice versa.
    The new 18 is now closer to the parking lot. Which is convenien, you put your gears away and then head to the lounge for refreshments.
    It was already that way last year, I think.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Thread Information