CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Played Pakenham today. It was pretty wet in spots but as long as we watched our step... nothing too bad. The greens were pretty slow and a bit bumpy. Couldn't expect much better conditions on April 10th.

Lob Wedge core1 is on a distinguished road
    Played White Sands in Orleans (9 hole practice course) spirng specials of 27.50 for 18 holes or a bucket and a 9 hole for 20$.

The fairways were great for this time of year. pretty dry.
    greens were good with only a little bit bumps from being punched last season.

all in all it was stellar considering how early in the season we are.

Plus with RM it's cheap cheap cheap

Putter NFFG is on a distinguished road
    Canadian was about 50% wet. Hole #3 still closed and carts only path. Playable and enjoyable but make sure your shoes are waterproof. good news is that most greens are elevated and thus have decent drainage and are in good condition.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Played Pakenham today. It was pretty wet in spots but as long as we watched our step... nothing too bad. The greens were pretty slow and a bit bumpy. Couldn't expect much better conditions on April 10th.
    which nines did you play?
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    which nines did you play?
    Lake and Island. If they had the same rain that we had in Kanata last night though, I think I'd wait a few for days to go back.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    drove by meadows yesterday, the greens looked green, the rest of the course pretty brown with some wet spots. That was of course before the torrential rains last night, it's got to be pretty mushy right now.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I spoke to Pakenham today - course is essentially under water, including a couple of washed out bridges. I'm booked for Saturday but they asked me to call back to ensure the course is open.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Emerald Links is starting to green up nicely. Lots of water in the fairways after the storm we had Sat night/Sun morning. They sent out an email saying they were hoping to have the course open by the middle of this week. They'll need a few days of decent temps and lots of sun to dry out properly.

Looks promising though.

Scott
    aka Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    Coming back from Halifax yesterday, we approached the runway from the East and flew directly over Anderson, and the Meadows... It was 8:30 am, and apparently there was a big rainfall that we missed, but both of those courses were soaked to the point of unplayability. I mention this because they are both opening in a few days! Here's to modern drainage?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Anyone get out to Arnprior as of yet??

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adska View Post
    Coming back from Halifax yesterday, we approached the runway from the East and flew directly over Anderson, and the Meadows... It was 8:30 am, and apparently there was a big rainfall that we missed, but both of those courses were soaked to the point of unplayability. I mention this because they are both opening in a few days! Here's to modern drainage?
    we got a major storm early monday AM. The whole area around here is clay, and flat as a pancake. I'm not sure what you could really do about the drainage, we got a ton of rain in a few hours.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Anyone play today?? Looking to go out tomorrow, and interested in seeing updated conditions.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    Played nation today. Definitely worth the money. Conditions were pretty good. Some greens had some pretty rough spots. Still some punching holes but still I was very happy with the conditions this time of year. Only hit a couple spots where the ground were soggy (number 9 comes to mind). No puddles anywhere. Some bunkers were still wet but didn't see any puddles in any bunkers. Some of the bunkers had nice soft sand.

Great pace of play today. Under 4 hours walking.

Overall very happy. Great way to start the season.

Nice! I booked a time for Nation tomorrow. Never played there before, so I figure now is a good time to get out there!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I was hoping to play this weekend but with 20-30mm of rain forecasted for Saturday and another 5 on Sunday, looks like that isn't going to happen... and it will be a few days before things dry up again... :-(

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adska View Post
    Nice! I booked a time for Nation tomorrow. Never played there before, so I figure now is a good time to get out there!
    You will enjoy the course, it's fairly tight but always in pretty good condition... the only hole I dont like is 10, you will see why! The rest of the course is quite awesome!!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    I was hoping to play this weekend but with 20-30mm of rain forecasted for Saturday and another 5 on Sunday, looks like that isn't going to happen... and it will be a few days before things dry up again... :-(
    Mason, let me know when you go out to play, i am on full time daddy duties but I will try to join ya for a round or 6, I played casselview twice last week and I was very satisfied, only 24$ with RM, i've spent more than 24$ on alot of worthless things, so 24$ on a good round of golf is what I consider a good investment!! lol

hope you're holding up the ship at work!!!

Putter SUNRAY is on a distinguished road SUNRAY's Avatar
    Cedarhill is my usual course (given that it's close to home) and I was wondering if anyone could update on the conditions after they open this coming Friday?

Thanks in advance!

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Low4U View Post
    Champlain: Don't waste your time, money or gas to even attempt to play "golf". Entire place is a swmp. Greens are like the fairways at any other course. Can't believe it's even open. I've heard good things about the course and was excited to play it. This experience ruined it forever. 40$ green fee and they give you a free round the next time you return. Still not worth it.
    I wish I had read this before heading out there today. What a disaster area...Lost a ball in a "lake" in the middle of a fairway . I can't see this course being in anything close to reasonable condition for at least another 2-3 weeks (and that's assuming we don't get too much rain!).

Will try the Gatineau this weekend. It looks in much better shape than Champlain.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Anyone get out to Arnprior as of yet??
    Arnprior is not open as of yet! Trying for next week (hopefully around the 21st!) The storm that went through on Sunday night dumped almost 3 inches of rain on an already wet course!

lots of work being done though, looking forward to playing!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    meadows not opening until monday or tuesday. shucks...

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Going to sneak a round in at Gatineau in the morning teeing off at 8:37.

Hopefully will finish before the rain starts and will have an update on conditions.

Tim

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Looking for updates on Anderson Links, Emerald links, Meadows or Metcalfe.
    Anyone played any of these courses recently? (not sure if they are opened quite yet but would appreciate any feedback when people get out to them)
    Even I've never heard of me

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Meadows should be open friday morning
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The Meadows will open Thursday April 21st. at 8:00am. They will start taking bookings Wednesday April 20th at 9:00am.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    If anyone gets out to Chateau Cartier Wednesday or Thursday (assuming they open as planned tomorrow), could they pls. post conditions? We're heading out on Friday and I'd like to know whether or not I should pack the scuba gear....tx in advance
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    The Meadows will open Thursday April 21st. at 8:00am. They will start taking bookings Wednesday April 20th at 9:00am
    . thanks for the update
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    just got back from Renfrew. Course is DRY. Greens were freshly cut and running very well. Fairways also cut. It was a warm, almost windless sunny afternoon, I zipped around 18 holes walking in 2:37. Awesome. How can this forecast be right?
    Andrew

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    just got back from Renfrew. Course is DRY. Greens were freshly cut and running very well. Fairways also cut. It was a warm, almost windless sunny afternoon, I zipped around 18 holes walking in 2:37. Awesome. How can this forecast be right?
    This might be a good option for Thursday then ! Thanks for the update, I haven't been to Renfew yet.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Buckingham today(only 9 holes open but 18 holes opening up this weekend) Two greens burnt but still very playable.Was told that 2 more greens on the back are also damaged.All in all,course is dry and rest of greens in fantastic shape.

Thread Information