CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Just got back from Mapleview and Jay and his crew are doing a great job. Course was very dry overall with only a few mushy areas. Greens and fairways were being cut. Carts are rolling and well worth the drive. I'll be back a few more times before our course opens and definitely want a couple of rounds during the summer. Nice to see a few new bunkers being added too.

7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Nation has a reputation for being dry early.
    I second that.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Mountain Creek has all 18 open now. Greens have been cut and they are out cutting some of the fairways. Drying quickly and has come a long way since last weekend. A nice day tomorrow and it should be fairly dry by the weekend.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Just got back from Mapleview and Jay and his crew are doing a great job. Course was very dry overall with only a few mushy areas. Greens and fairways were being cut. Carts are rolling and well worth the drive. I'll be back a few more times before our course opens and definitely want a couple of rounds during the summer. Nice to see a few new bunkers being added too.
    sweet. playing there tomorrow.

What time are you playing and do you have a full 4some? I'm hoping to head up again.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    What time are you playing and do you have a full 4some? I'm hoping to head up again.
    Hey Gerry, we are a 4some and I believe we're going off at 10:07am. Looking at the RM booking system it appears there is room in other groups but I don't know who these pple are.

Thanks, I don't think it will be a problem getting out early.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    What time are you heading out Gerry ?

I just gone in with Corporate Golf for Friday.

LMK

I was hoping to get there no later than 9:30 but could be there anytime if you want to meet up

I will call in the morning to see if they have room for us around that time.

Sounds good Les

Booked on line as a 2some. Room for 2

9:37 am !!

Great I'll be there

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Casselview - played it today and was very satisfied, the greens are better than Hammond in June, the fairways are a little long but its nice to get under the ball this early in the season. Overall for 24$ (reservation masters), I was very satisfied with the course today.

Nation - I played Nation the first day it opened the last two years and its always good. The greens are always in great condition and the fairways are always very decent. I was over there 2 weeks ago to leave a deposit for my tourney and it already looked ready, the fact that they decided to wait a couple more days than usual will only make it better... it's built on sand, drains well and gets green in a hurry!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Played Falcon Ridge this morning with only 10 holes open, sounded like they were considering opening the full course late in the afternoon, not sure if they did. Conditions were spring-like. They had 1-2-3-8-9-10-16-17-18 open and 3, 8 and 17 were especially wet. The rest were pretty dry and decent. The greens were dry and truer than I expected, though definitely on the slow side.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Any updates on Prescott's conditions?
    Even I've never heard of me

2 Iron SkinDawg is on a distinguished road
    Going to take a gamble at the Canadian tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it was. I'm assuming quite wet but it's worth a shot.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Played Mapleview with nokids, bigdog and a buddy...it was dry as I have seen this time of year. Very playable and some roll on drives. Greens were soft and rolled good.

2Low4U
    Prescott: In good condition for this time a year. Charging 35$ weekends 30$ during the week.. Greens are in great shape and very puttable. Worth the drive and green fee. Not to many wet spots at all.

Heritage (Lancaster): GREAT conditions. Only charging 22$ as well. Pleasure to play at this time a year.

Casselview: Wet in some spots and still some frozen ground. Greens are in great shape and already been cut many times. Charging 37$ with a 15$ gift certificate for your next round.

Champlain: Don't waste your time, money or gas to even attempt to play "golf". Entire place is a swmp. Greens are like the fairways at any other course. Can't believe it's even open. I've heard good things about the course and was excited to play it. This experience ruined it forever. 40$ green fee and they give you a free round the next time you return. Still not worth it.

Putter versaith is on a distinguished road

help!

I'm looking to play tomorrow (Saturday) morning, but have to use a cart. Any suggestions???? The Canadian is full

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Carts were allowed at Calabogie last week. I would not drive that far to play it again but if the carts are out.

Quote Originally Posted by versaith View Post
    I'm looking to play tomorrow (Saturday) morning, but have to use a cart. Any suggestions???? The Canadian is full

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Played Smugglers Glen today course is in great shape for this time of year. A few soggy spots but nothing major and cart paths only .great price $39.00 with cart.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    How about Gatineau or Manderley updates?
    Anyone?
    Even I've never heard of me

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam781 View Post
    Any updates on Prescott's conditions?
    Played there this morning. Course is quite dry, and the greens are rolling very nicely for this time of the year. The only issue right now is that #2 is a temporary par 3 because they're working on the drainage on the dogleg, so it's only playing 130-ish yards right now. Other than that, all is well for the early season. Definitely worth the trip.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Played the Canadian today...#3 was closed so the practice hole replaced it. Fairways are a bit wet but overall in good condition for this time of year. Greens were a bit slow but in good shape. A few of the traps have snow in them but the ones i landed into were very dry. The range and short game area are open. Regular price green fee and you get a $15 coupon off your next round.
    Please note the Dwyer Hill off ramp is now open...i was still looking for the traffic lights and almost missed the off ramp.
    One more thing...got my first birdie of the year on #16

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Vieux Moulins was not in good shape for the start of the season.Greens are all yellow and bumpy and fairways fairly dry. Did not stop all of the people out there enjoying themselves including us.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Played Cedar Glen this afternoon for the first time. Another on the 'bucket list' stroked off. Not a bad track for a spring afternoon of golf. Front nine was a little soggy but tons of thick fairway grass waiting to be cut. Lots of twigs, sticks and loose leaves floating around. Just needed to be cleaned which I am sure will be the plan of attach next week. Back nine was in great shape and pretty well dry. Fairways and Greens good and cut. Greens rolling true. No sign of winterkill anywhere.

All in all, for $15 through EG and free for my wife, I assume because of her stunning looks and vibrant personality [....he..he..he...brownie points for me...lol!], a great afternoon of golf for April 9th!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Vieux Moulins was not in good shape for the start of the season.Greens are all yellow and bumpy and fairways fairly dry. Did not stop all of the people out there enjoying themselves including us.
    Vieux Moulins is never in good shape at any time of the year....I thought that was being turned into a housing development? (...or, maybe I was just hoping???)
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Played The Gatineau and greens were o.k for the first part,then they were really badly punched from last year and bouncy, fairways were nice and dry.Better shape than Vieux Moulins.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam781 View Post
    How about Gatineau or Manderley updates?
    Anyone?
    Played Manderley yesterday. Price is $44 which I think is really steep this time of year (but I forgot to ask when I booked the tee time). Course is wet, but the greens are in decent shape, just a little shaggy. I would recommend playing there if it wasn't $44. Also they use a collection of the South and Central 9's to make up the front nine. The entire north is open.

Thread Information