100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Smith Falls???

Well, another one on the bucket list to try. However, before I head out there with my wife this weekend, I thought I'd see if anyone has played it - recently would be best, but at all would be fine - and advise if this is another one that I really have to wait until it gets some sun for it to bne playable to try?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I haven't played it this year yet, but it is typically in excellent condition with a nice layout and fast, immaculate greens.

Frankly, I would play this course at any time of year. Its a real gem.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Not sure about condition of recent years, but years ago it was the club of choice for many of the Ottawa Senators. And with the depth of their pockets, that says a lot about the course.

and the time on their hands in recent springs

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played the Gatineau today and must say some of the nicest greens that I have played so far. Fairways were a bit wet though but playable.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    tx JustSomeGuy. I'm sold. Now, if the weather will just cooperate....lol
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Nation is in great shape and bone dry.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Actually the trees were and will be cut down because a lot of them had disease and to many of them were crowded and causing early death.
    nothing to do with wind just a forestation maintenance program.

Played Mountain Creek this morning. Greens are awesome.
    Played Mountain Creek yesterday and agree that the greens are excellent.. I didnt' have many GIR hitting balls out of the mud lake of a fairway...Fairway is soaking wet and just not playable which is too bad...
    Can't do much with all that rain in Arpil/May.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    talking to a local farmer this morning, his gauge is saying we have just under 4 inches of rain in the past 18days up here in the Valley!

The only good thing, courses are learning where to put drainage in!

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Played Gatineau this morning in the rain and it is very, very, very wet.
    The greens are in amazing shape and rolling very fast even with lots of water on them and in them.
    The whole course is one huge sponge full of water.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-01-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    All the clublink courses I've played this year (except for Eagle Creek) have been pretty drenched. EC is still wet but not as bad as the others.

Is everyone excited for this week, though? It's going to be so hot all the courses are going to dry up in no time. Finally, sun sun and more sun!

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Pakenham is absolutely awful! I know they need to make money but the course is a disaster. Greens are good though. Kinda ironic too...last year they couldn't get water to save their life, now they can't get rid of it.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Smiths Falls G&CC - The Results are In!

Well, what another hidden gem in the Ottawa Valley. Left Ottawa at 10 a.m. in the pouring rain and arrived at the club by 11:15 a.m. in sunshine! And so it stayed for the whole day today!

Tee'd-off at noon and finished (my wife and I) walking by 1600 hrs. Not bad for a Sunday afternoon round... Greens and fairways in super shape. Course well cut in all the right places and, for the most part, dry all round with the exception of one hole on the back bordering the river.

At $43 for two on a Sunday afternoon (courtesy of the WagJag special), it was a great sunny afternoon of golf for a change on a testy yet fair track that shows great pride in its upkeep. In speaking with the pro afterwards, the 2 for $43 is also their Monday and Friday after-1 p.m. special!

This one's now off my 'bucket list' (courses that I have never played or not played in 15 years within a 2-hr. drive of Ottawa). It is, however, on my 'must do again' list! Tx much to OG Member 'CLEEK' and his pal Sandy who we connected with on the back 9 to finish the round. Your hospitality in allowing us to join you on the back was greatly appreciated.

Well done Smiths Falls G & CC....well done!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    With the exception of hole #5 and 14, Stonebridge was pretty dry today.

Pitching Wedge corksens is on a distinguished road
    Played Arnprior again yesterday (25 is just so cheap) and it was a real mudder. The week of rain probably set it back pretty hard.

As someone mentioned above this is the week of weather we've been dreaming of. Dry, hot, sunny. Can't wait.

Too bad I think I sprained my wrist taking a nasty divot.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    u talking about smiths falls or kanata?
    Sorry, meant Smiths Falls. A friend of mine was a member there quite a few years ago and he'd see all kind of Sens players there when he'd head out to play.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Premier course at Greensmere is very wet on front 9, with ground under repair in a few areas. The back nine is fantastic. As usual, the greens on all holes were very nice.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW---here it is almost the first of June and we are still talking serious spring conditions. I expect to see Noahs Ark any day !!!!!!! Pl;ayed the Canadian this morning-still lots of surface water lying around. They did cut the fairways-----but the rough ????????? A cow could live forever in there. !!!!! Not managements fault---blame the golf gods. Now I'm going to tackle my hay field
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Sand Wedge ChukBoy is on a distinguished road
    Played Cascades yesterday in a tournament... Unbeleivable... Never seen a course so wet... we had to push the power carts in some spots because we we`re getting stuck in the rough... Rough wasn`t cut cause they just can`t !!! could of used a canoe in some fairways... After yesterday I decided that I had to go back to Nation this morning to remind me what a dry course looks like... unreal, they actually had some sprinklers going in some spots... I was trying to find some wet spots and theyre we`re none... Cart`s we`re out without any restrictions...Everything is green... this course is obviously ahead of everyone else at this point...

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    OK, fast forward to yesterday, my buddy Paul played Gatineau yesterday and said it was in much better shape than Sunday when we played in the rain. Rough has been cut, greens are dry and even faster than Sunday in the rain. Fairways are drying out quickly. Paul said he even got some roll in the fairways for the first time all year.
    So go play Gatineau, ignore my last post!

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    Do not play Gatineau any time soon, it is a complete swamp. Played there this morning in the rain and it is very, very, very wet.
    The greens are in amazing shape and rolling very fast even with lots of water on them and in them.
    The whole course is one huge sponge full of water.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Wow the front nine on Premiere is still that wet after these two days of weather!

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Any updates on manderley? Playing in a charity tournament there on Thursday

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Played Manderley this morning and it is in pretty good shape. A few wet spots but all in all drier than I expected by far. Lots of grass clippings but they are out there with the "leaf vacuum" that we don't usualy see until fall. Some spots could be cut shorter but I'd say it's to be recommended.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Played Manderley this morning and it is in pretty good shape. A few wet spots but all in all drier than I expected by far. Lots of grass clippings but they are out there with the "leaf vacuum" that we don't usualy see until fall. Some spots could be cut shorter but I'd say it's to be recommended.
    That's good to hear. And a couple days of sun should help even more before Thursday.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Casselview today - it was in great shape. Very dry, greens were punched a few weeks ago but were rolling nicely.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek today - greens were great. No more standing water but it was still soggy in many places. Lots of scarring that will take some time to come back but with the heat today and tomorrow, I'm sure I'll see lots of improvement as I play again Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We're on the tail end of this monster, everyone - if the forecast is correct, we'll see huge steps towards good conditions in a matter of DAYS!

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Played Outaouais yesterday and was pretty disappointed with the conditions. The good news it was pretty dry. West nine was bone-dry, while East had a few wet spots, but nothing to worry about. We had a moderate amount of roll on the fairways. Now, the bad news is the greens are very slow and shaggy, pretty much the worst I've seen them ever. It looks like they haven't been cut or rolled for a few days. Fairways and rough are also on the long side, although quite playable (with the exception of some soggy spots in the rough that're fesque-long).

I'm sure with the sunny weather we're getting now it'll be back to its normal immaculate shape in no time, but for the time being I'd ask the pro shop about the conditions before going there.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Renfrew is very very dry everywhere. Gorgeous condition. Summer Rules.

I haven't played Nation, but they must have similar subsoil conditions.
    Andrew

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek today. Compared to Wednesday where it was soggy as heck (as were 99% of all other area courses), it is perfect. Not one wet spot to be found. The water damaged areas look like they're wanting to mend and come back, but that'll take time. So dryness combined with greens that are almost mid-season quick made for a heck of a day.

The heat earlier in the week and the winds of the last day or two have likely done quite a number everywhere. Golfers will smiling everywhere!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Played Vieux Moulins today. The greens are in great shape and super fast. The rest of the course is dry as a bone and lots of roll. Fairways are hard as a rock...my elbows are hurting after this round.

AEberhard
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Wow the front nine on Premiere is still that wet after these two days of weather!
    It's dry now. Something has to be done though about the fairways on premier front nine. 4,5,8 are all in really rough shape. Premier back nine though is fantastic, amazing condition other then the 12th green which is beaten with ball marks.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Greensmere Premier is in great shape right now, now that the water's all dried up. Greens are rolling great.

Legacy... is still kind of rough around the edges. Most/all of the newer greens have been aerated and heavily sanded. Don't expect to hole anything longer than 5 feet because its like playing pachinko. #2 still has those silly piles of dirt all over the fairway... hoping they do whatever it is they planned to do with them, soon. The greens that have been around a few years already are in good shape, at least.
    Wannabe Golf

Thread Information