100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DecoyOctopus View Post
    The rain has really hurt Loch March which I played yesterday. There is so much water on the fairways and dead spots it was shocking for LM. Apparently they have a new greens keeper and in the past they never cover the greens, but they were awful.
    Played it on Sat. and I agree that it's very very wet, but I beg to differ on the greens. I thought most of them were in very good shape, save for a few brown spots. A couple still have leftover punch marks and were a little bumpy, and #13 green had fungus over the front section, but the rest were very smooth and reasonably fast.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Actually the trees were and will be cut down because a lot of them had disease and to many of them were crowded and causing early death.
    nothing to do with wind just a forestation maintenance program.

Played Mountain Creek this morning. Greens are awesome.

Gap Wedge McRoots is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played the Meadows recently? It's probably wet like everywhere else.

I'm playing there on Sunday and I am curious about the conditions.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    Upper Canada is in great shape dry carts allowed everywhere, greens are great no damage

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    What's the latest on Greensmere?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Anyone been out to Bearbrook. Going to get in a quick round there Saturday?
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sand Wedge MakingtheCut is on a distinguished road
    Played Premier on Saturday. Front nine was very wet. Back nine was very nice. Not sure if it was due to the rain but the rough is in need of a cut - insane. Greens were in good shape throughout. Hate that walk between 12 and 13 though!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingtheCut View Post
    Hate that walk between 12 and 13 though!
    When I played Legacy course last year, there were about 3 walks like that between holes. I vowed to cart Legacy next time.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Played Metcalfe's 9 hole course on Holiday Monday with some buddies who don't get out much. We had a good time although the course is saturated with water, alot of it standing water unfortunately(Good thing I had on my Kikkors/Kentwool socks). Some areas it looks like they haven't even got to cut it yet. Made it difficult for my buddies but they toughed it out. Greens were quite nice a little slow though. Metcalfe has some great deals on right now so follow them on Twitter and Facebook and sign up for there emails/newsletters. My buddies got $5 off there 9 holes.

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    Metcalfe 9 is still really wet, as Fireice says, some spots they can't even cut it is so wet. The 18 hole course is in great shape. Greens there are always a little on the slow side, but they are rolling true.

A dry week would really help with the 9 hole course.

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    Just a note SMUGGLERS GLEN . It is really really wet. Played yesterday and it was just awful. Wait a week or so (with sun that is) before you venture up there
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Just a note SMUGGLERS GLEN . It is really really wet. Played yesterday and it was just awful. Wait a week or so (with sun that is) before you venture up there
    That's bad news indeed. Smugglers Shootout is this weekend... How were the greens?
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskie View Post
    That's bad news indeed. Smugglers Shootout is this weekend... How were the greens?
    The mother of all rainstorms is coming our way. Good luck!

Ouch! Haven't even looked at the weather before you mentioned it, and you're right, it looks awful. It's a little better at Thousand Islands, but still lots of rain. Thank God for new shoes!

Pitching Wedge corksens is on a distinguished road
    I played Smugglers about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was decent, not nearly as dire as Felix suggests.

But perhaps that is because I was still paying a winter/spring greens fee.

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    I played both 18s today. Overall decent shape. All the greens were very hard and not biting much.

Premiere is in great shape with a few wet spots, but really not that bad. Greens are nice and fast.

Legacy was disappointing. First hole had a temporary green, second hole had piles of dirt all over the fairway(like 2 feet tall each, a few dozen of them)... All the greens have all been recently seeded (or should I say sanded?). It was a bit wetter than Premiere but still very playable.

Albatross freddyottawa is on a distinguished road freddyottawa's Avatar
    Played the back nine at Loch March this afternoon and the fairways are in great shape. Greens are also in good shape, though alot slower than I was expecting.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played Le Sorcier yesterday, the course was in pretty good shape, greens were slowwww... They also had tee times every 6 minutes, which meant for a slow round of golf...but the weather was awesome...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Craiger, did you play your match with goochy there? I played Dan R yesterday at Stonebridge, it was a great day for sure.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Has anyone been to vieux moulins lately? Decent?

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Craiger, did you play your match with goochy there? I played Dan R yesterday at Stonebridge, it was a great day for sure.
    No match yesterday, still working on that...what was the outcome?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Emailed you the result.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Has anyone been to vieux moulins lately? Decent?
    I was there yesterday and it is in really good shape for VM standards. Only swampy parts are the general area which is near the green of 12th/tee-off of the 13th/start of the fairway of 15th, and the bottom of the hill on the 18th. Greens are medium to fast and are looking better than they were even last week.

I am trying to take advantage of this track before it turns rock hard in a few weeks or so (although with all the rain, perhaps it will be in better shape this year than usual).
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

acamero26
    Has anyone played Gatineau this spring?

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by acamero26 View Post
    Has anyone played Gatineau this spring?
    I have last week. I walked and it wasn't that wet. I was really surprised/disappointed in the quality of the fairways. I hit 2 or 3 rocks just under the surface in my divots. I know it has nothing to do with Spring conditions, but still... The course is definitely in decent shape overall.

A few of the greens had some burn on them. I believe #13 was the worst. It's playable, though but your ball won't bite with all the sand and stuff they put on it.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Smith Falls???

Well, another one on the bucket list to try. However, before I head out there with my wife this weekend, I thought I'd see if anyone has played it - recently would be best, but at all would be fine - and advise if this is another one that I really have to wait until it gets some sun for it to bne playable to try?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Smith Falls???

Well, another one on the bucket list to try. However, before I head out there with my wife this weekend, I thought I'd see if anyone has played it - recently would be best, but at all would be fine - and advise if this is another one that I really have to wait until it gets some sun for it to bne playable to try?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    i had a client rubbing in my face that its in 100 times better shape then Kanata Lakes, and Kanata is in pretty decent shape, told me i had to play it.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    i had a client rubbing in my face that its in 100 times better shape then Kanata Lakes, and Kanata is in pretty decent shape, told me i had to play it.
    Not sure about condition of recent years, but years ago it was the club of choice for many of the Ottawa Senators. And with the depth of their pockets, that says a lot about the course.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Not sure about condition of recent years, but years ago it was the club of choice for many of the Ottawa Senators. And with the depth of their pockets, that says a lot about the course.
    u talking about smiths falls or kanata?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I've heard from someone who works at KL that they're having a little bit of trouble this year with all the rain, HabsFan. I think we'll give SF a shot. It's a little bit of hike from Orleans but if its in that good shape to even begin to compare it to KL, I think we'll be just fine...lol

tx much!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Thread Information