100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

First game of the year.

Well,the first game is in the books,sorta.It got a bit soggy after 13 holes so we packed it in.(wimp)Nice to see some of the good folks on the forum,NoKids,Brewskie,my buddy Terry(GoigLow)We missed Adam78 and Eagle Hunter as we were bumped to a earlier tee time.Conditions were not the best,snow in fairways,two temp greens and shaggy greens but we are not complaining.My esteemed collegues were much kinder of the conditions.
    Last edited by Marcos; 03-31-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Where did you play Marc?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Sorry Geoff,Callabogie(senior moment)

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Glad to see golfers getting out early... BUT what does a course really gain by allowing golfers on a course that is unfit to play? PR? Money? Bragging rights? Does not make sense... to me.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I agree. Not sure way they rush to let players on seems like a short term gain. I guess for some any money is good money

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Calabogie always has some damp spots it seems.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    It was to meet you and your better half as well Marcos.

The front nine was actually pretty dry. Maybe it was because the ground was still frozen and inch in when we played it, but except for #9, which had a temp green half way through the hole, it was quite playable. Now, the back nine... I don't think it was a smart choice on their part to open it up. I think they could've booked everybody in today playing the front twice... not that I'm complaining

BTW, the range was open and quite dry as well.

Ruskie,glad to meet you also.We quit at the 14th hole because of the wet snow.How was the rest of the holes?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Only 200 rounds to go Marc!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road
    We played all 18 and it wasn't too bad except it was a little cold at the end. The snow was alright but the rain in the middle of the round cooled down everything. 16th green has water in the middle of the green but the rest were puttable except the one temp green. It's worht it just to say that we started our golf season in March!

Pitching Wedge RED is on a distinguished road
    I played mapleview today with 2 buddies. The coarse was completely dry and the pace of play was great. Rained the entire back nine though. The greens were cut and rolling well. Not even a pugged ball all day... Crazy! One of my buddies had a birdy put on the last to shoot 79 but unfortunately missed it. I think most of us would take that for our first round of the year. I heard a rumour that Prescott opened today. Can anyone confirm?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I played mapleview today with 2 buddies. The coarse was completely dry and the pace of play was great. Rained the entire back nine though. The greens were cut and rolling well. Not even a pugged ball all day... Crazy! One of my buddies had a birdy put on the last to shoot 79 but unfortunately missed it. I think most of us would take that for our first round of the year. I heard a rumour that Prescott opened today. Can anyone confirm?
    It did indeed:

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...59450-Prescott
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I honestly don't think that courses should open before they actually cut the grass...and I mean actually cut it, not raise the reels but roll the grass for the look of it being cut. And if they do, they shouldn't charge more than $18 for a round. Hell, do $18 for the round + a canned good for the local food bank or you get bumped down a tee time. lol

Granted, I'm spoiled having just returned from Florida where the greens were rolling 11.5 or so.

Scott
    aka Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Well,the first game is in the books,sorta.It got a bit soggy after 13 holes so we packed it in.(wimp)Nice to see some of the good folks on the forum,NoKids,Brewskie,my buddy Terry(GoigLow)We missed Adam78 and Eagle Hunter as we were bumped to a earlier tee time.Conditions were not the best,snow in fairways,two temp greens and shaggy greens but we are not complaining.My esteemed collegues were much kinder of the conditions.
    Damn. Dan said that I couldn't be in the running for Pig of the Year because we folks in S. Ont had a longer season than Ottawa. This is 2 years running that you started before us and finished after us last fall.
    I hope to have a course nearby open within a week or 2.

You may be our new Pig of the year as I wont be able to play evryday as we are renovating our basement.Hope you get out soon and have a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by rpangman View Post
    Damn. Dan said that I couldn't be in the running for Pig of the Year because we folks in S. Ont had a longer season than Ottawa. This is 2 years running that you started before us and finished after us last fall.
    I hope to have a course nearby open within a week or 2.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    It was nice to get that 1st round out of the way. Hopefully I'll get more balls in the air the rest of the year.

Nice meeting you Marcos!

The pleasure was mine.Hope we get a game in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    It was nice to get that 1st round out of the way. Hopefully I'll get more balls in the air the rest of the year.

Nice meeting you Marcos!

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    No, I can't compete for Pig of the Year . Dan changed the rules last fall. You have to live in the Ottawa area now for your rounds to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    You may be our new Pig of the year as I wont be able to play evryday as we are renovating our basement.Hope you get out soon and have a great season.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rpangman View Post
    No, I can't compete for Pig of the Year . Dan changed the rules last fall. You have to live in the Ottawa area now for your rounds to count.
    Why don't we use a certain time frame instead of geographic restrictions. May 1st to October 15th? That should be good for every area around here.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Primarily because this is OttawaGolf and IMO the award should go to someone playing in the Ottawa region.

No hard feelings I hope.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Primarily because this is OttawaGolf and IMO the award should go to someone playing in the Ottawa region.

No hard feelings I hope.
    That makes sense.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post

No hard feelings I hope.
    What if I play 4 or 5 rounds in the Ottawa area?
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information