CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hitting mats

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Hey janton79,

Did you see the pics of my platform that I posted in the GGS thread?

Btw, you're only 15 mins from me.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    mmmm got my new Tru-Srike Gel mat (Accademy) and it is like hitting off a Royal Melbourne fairway......

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    @cpa

the trustrike's are nice. are you using it with gc2? if so do you need to move the unit for hitting off the tee in the matt and off the center of the gel stirke matt? if not i am sold. my rough calculatiosn from talking with the company it would be very close.

thanks.

no to GC2, l want club head data and not prepared to wait/pay for the upcoming add on.

I am getting a Zelocity tracker V2 with version 5 software, so at worst I can slide the mat over for woods.

anyone using the fiberbuilt rough mats or any other rough turf? curiuos how they are for hitting balls out of the rough versus the software adding some type of swing penalty from a fairway lie.

I bought my trustrike from the wholesaler directly. They also do Fibrebuilt and the rep was of the view that truestrike was a more realistic product. He said the fibrebuilt was not realistic to the rough, I think he said the ball sits on top and is like being on a tee.....but I did not try it. Anyone with the product?

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I still urge anyone looking for a mat to check out Derone! (the golfer)
    www.derone.com. I have recently been taking some lessons at an indoor range and thats what they use. These are the softest most forgiving mats that I have ever stepped on or hit off of. The specific mat is called the Champions Tour. You can take a divot and it feels like hitting on a real fairway. Cost is $330.00

The derone champions looks nice and the price is good. Question - is it heavy enough to not shift any on a carpet? With my current mat even though its thick it does shift some after each strike on the carpet if its not taped or velcro'd down.

the gt-1 looks like its got a heavy base to it. do you know if that is the same soft feeling?

I'm not familiar with the gt-1. I have my current mat on a 1inch base of plywood. It does slide a little bit on my carpet. The Derone is a little heavier but I think it will still move a little. My plan is to install some kind of carpet spikes to the underside of the wood. I think using the correct ones should hold it firm without hurting the carpet. How much does the gt-1 cost? Have you tried one before?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I have the gt-1 but bought it from tartanturf.com. Seems they sell the same mats as derone.

Gt is high quality and heavy. I have carpet tape under and it doesnt move. Probably wouldnt move without it either.

My only complaint is gc2 specific and its because of limited view of golf ball from gc2 requires you to hit very close to tee holder when hitting irons.

Might be cool to have a mat that you can stick a tee in like

http://www.tartanturf.com/mats/teemat-2009.php

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Looks like a nice mat js. Is that the gt1 mat? Who makes it?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I don't know the actual manufacturer - i will see if i can find any stampings on it. I think i paid around 600 for it maybe a bit more more with shipping - i remember shipping was expensive because of the weight. Maybe it can found cheaper.

The high density hitting section that i got has held up really well after almost two years. I have hit a lot of balls on it and it still looks good. I may inquire to see if they make a hitting section piece that will let me stick tees in it.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Let us all know js. Nice looking mat.

@js1010

have you tried the very small rubber tees that stick in the hole but sit below the hitting surface and they have a small hole that out then place a real tee in cut down to your specific height. I found the tee problem annoying with GC2 and just place it on the mat. We both have two different tee heights but I use that same small rubber tee that allows us to put in two different size tees for each other.

those using trustrike with the gel insert curious how fat shots react? looking for something if my daugther hits behind the ball the club doesn't bounce into the ball to produce a somewhat normal shot. it looks like on the website if you hit fat the club goes down but not sure if it still rebounds into the ball like a typical mat?

have not had the time thegolfer but will try today and hit a fat shot for you

whenever you have the chance, greatly appreciate it. their website below on the home page shows a picture of someone hitting it fat. hard to tell how it really reacts.

for my purposes it would be great if it really penalizes a mat first contact. my daughter understands ball first then divot but hard to repeat all the time and i don't like her hitting off mats because it doesn't give the feedback of laying sod over the ball but gives the false impression of a decent shot by bouncing off the turf into the ball. so far it seems like the only product not tied to a sim sensor pad that perhaps penalizes this type of shot?

http://www.truestrike.com/

thanks.

TheGolfer
    sorry it has taken so long.
    I did video at 240fps and afterwards saw that it was cr**
    Today did video at 480fps (cr**) and 1000fps.
    Realise you need pretty fast video on the clubhead!
    I will not post but confirm the video on the Truestrike website is correct. The ball "jumps" before strike and the shot is punished as it is on the fairway.
    I'd be interested to hear if the Derone Champions Tour mat does this....

very cool. soft divot action plus penalizes fat shots. sounds great for indoors.

i think i may go that way. my mat is soft for a mat but it doesn't penalize a mat then ball strike as much. greatly appreciate the time and feedback.

Asics
    It probably goes without saying, but I would strongly recommend hitting off any mat before buying if possible. I have tried the Trustrike, and even though the concept seems good, I don't care for the feel. Different strokes, I suppose. I prefer the Country Club Elite...you can hit down on it, and you can feel a fat shot. Although I have never hit off the derone, the turf looks similar from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    I prefer the Country Club Elite...you can hit down on it, and you can feel a fat shot.
    Yes feel is one thing, ball behaviour is another.

Asics what is the chance you can take a video of a fat shot off the Country Club Elite. You will need a camera with 1000fps at least. The Truestrike behaves as per the video on their site.

does it penalise the shot the same as a fairway does?

Asics
    Yes, you can feel the fat shot on the cce, and the resulting distance will also be penalized.

Lob Wedge needmorepars is on a distinguished road
    The same company that makes the CCE, are also making putting mats. I just bought the 4 x 10 mat on ebay for $109.00 plus shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Putting-gree...#ht_5022wt_905

appreciate everyones feedback on this thread. i should be getting my new trustrike mk7 academy mat by next week.

i've been known to be a club whore but thank god i am just about done buying new equipment for this setup. my wife is going to rightfully kill me.

i ordered the "academy" thinking the extra mat space to the right of the hitting mat could be used to place the gc2 without needing to prop it up on a seperate platform or books, etc plus the extra weight hopefully doesn't cause the mat to slightly shift after several strikes. once i get it i will let everyone on the thread know how it it performs with the gc2.

bought it for 1) penalizes fat shots and 2) divot like response after strike. i will post a quick review after i get it.

folks at trustrike said they are coming preparing to come out with a rough insert for their mats. didn't sound like real soon and not sure if its useable with existing mats.

for those gc2 users that are comparing their carries. curious if anyone has compared the spin on the indoor mats versus on the turf outdoors? another member mentioned he thought that mats might be producing more spin. more spin might be causing some carries to go shorter. i need to wait a few months before testing myself but i do think my current mat seems to let me compress the ball more compared to outside but won't really know until i test it. curious if anyone has already done this.
    thanks again.

Hey all, I am getting ready to do a revision for the mat that I use on my Optishot. I'm wondering if anyone happens to know how far away I can swing a club over the pad sensors and still receive accurate readings. (with proper lighting of course)? I'm going to experiment with this myself sometime soon, cuz the snow is getting ready to really fly.

Thanks again.

The golfer I don't think your setup would be complete without the new trutee:

http://www.truestrike.com/en/truetee/index.php

why would you want to tee your own ball?

PS how is the truestrike going?

you are right, teeing your own ball is so old school now a days

they should sell it with a suction cup that goes at the end of your putter so you don't need to bend over to get your ball out of the hole.

got the trustrike mat setup but haven't moved it into position yet so i am still using the older mat. had lessons with video and it was easier to move the lighter mat into the correct position (the academy mat has some weight to it). going to move the old mat into the basement for small pitch shots. hopefully by this weekend. hit a few shots off of it but need to hit more balls before giving an opinion yet.

i will let you know how things go once i start using the mat.

7 Iron shoot4one is on a distinguished road
    Are you happy with the truestrike and gc2 combo?

yes. truestrike works well. hard to describe but a slightly firm but forgiving surface. i had a dura pro mat from dwqual before it. had that mat for a few years so can't complain. that one was soft on the hands but felt "squishy". the dura pro mat i had also was very light even though it was thick so it moved every so slightly with each strike. the truestrike is well constructed and has a strong heavy base that doesn't move. i bought the academy thinking i would have the room on the right side for the gc2. it turns out wtih my high using driver i need to move one of the two sections from the right to make a 3rd on the left to stand. i still use a base that butts up against the mat so the unit sits half on and half off the base that is level. i was initially annoyed i had to do that but i don't even notice it now.

Andisblue
    Pictures of setup, the golfer?

Thread Information