100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CG2 problems?

70jr
    js when you are in practice mode does the information come up with both ball and club speed? When i was at foresight theirs had both but mine only has ball speed. maybe i do not have the newest software loaded. can you pm me with the file name they sent you, just the name of the file i will download it on the site when i get home?

Par Kball is on a distinguished road

GC2 Current Software Version

JS10,

What version of the software are you running? I have registered my GC2, but I am not receiving any update notifications.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 70jr View Post
    js when you are in practice mode does the information come up with both ball and club speed? When i was at foresight theirs had both but mine only has ball speed. maybe i do not have the newest software loaded. can you pm me with the file name they sent you, just the name of the file i will download it on the site when i get home?
    I only see ball speed - I have never seen club speed.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    If you can see the green mini map on the left and have the rough penalties in the game options menu then you should have the latest version.

I don't have the file name the I installed but on the Main Menu Screen in the lower right hand corner I have version 1.142.1004.050411.

As far as club head speed goes - I only get this data when in the fitting mode. Don't think I have ever seen it in practice mode -I use fitting mode all the time when I am practicing - I like being able to go back to the Shot Analysis screen to see all the numbers for all the shots.

Kball, how are you making out with the Gc2?

Did you get a download area username and password?

70jr
    when i was down there i must have been in fitting mode and that is why I do not see it in practice mode. Thanks for the heads up

70jr
    i played with penalty on yesterday and i need to work on it because 80% when i get into rough is not real. It normally only takes about 5 yards off in real life. again i have not played open style rough so maybe it really takes off 20% but i play rough that is like 5-7" and that is like 10 yards tops. do you guys also think that is correct?

That's hard to say on the rough as it really depends on the courses you are playing.

I am happy to have the rough penalty now as I found it really unrealistic before being able to basically hit it anywhere and then have no penalty at all hitting the next shot. I guess it would be cool if they let us adjust the rough penalty to our liking - I believe the GSA version does this.

The other thing I hope they do is figure something out for greenside bunkers where you are blasting the ball. Seems to give 80% in a greenside bunker which is not realistic. I find it very difficult to hit short greenside shots because the ball goes to far out of these bunkers. Should be able to take a decent swing and have the ball pop up and not go so far.

70jr
    I have not been on it that much this weekend i will do a lot better job

Quote Originally Posted by js1010 View Post
    Kball, how are you making out with the Gc2?

Did you get a download area username and password?
    Thanks for the response. I have been at work and kids events all day and have not had a chance to see what version I am running. I will try to get to it later this week.

Thanks form the heads up on fitting mode. I had forgot all about it. It seems like it would be a good mode for practicing. I will give it a try.

70jr
    just was in the fitting mode. that is really cool. that is what i was talking about

Any of you GC2 owners having issues with the carry distances? Mine seem to be short of what I experience on the course by about 10 to 15 yards.

70jr
    when i was at foresight no they put the marker at 160 and i hit pw but at home it is only 145 but i thought it was because my mat is not mounted to anything

Quote Originally Posted by 70jr View Post
    when i was at foresight no they put the marker at 160 and i hit pw but at home it is only 145 but i thought it was because my mat is not mounted to anything
    Can you explain what you mean by my mat is not mounted to anything and how that might be impacting carry distances?

70jr
    well i thought that when i hit down on the mat if it was stuck my iron would be able to get threw the mat faster and that would increase club speed and increase carry. that was my thought on it i might be wrong

70jr
    at foresight everything was set in place and carry was right on. my mat is not so that is how i came up with that

70jr
    js is your mat attached to anything to hold it in place and do you get the correct numbers. Tonight i will hit every club in fitting mode and i will tell you if the numbers are wrong. so far i have only hit the driver in fitting mode and it is right on. just when i play in sim play the irons are off. not the driver just the irons so i thought it could be because of the mat.

Kball, have you taken the unit out to an open field or some place where you can laser or GPS (although GPS can be off at times) the yardages?

Would try and get a level area, sunny day with no wind. You have to realize that the unit has an algorithm to calculate distance based on the launch numbers it measures using certain constants that are programmed in. Ie 70 degrees , no wind, no elevation.

THe numbers I gave you only tells you that the carry distances are being calculated the same as your software (which should be the case). What it doesn't tell you is if your GC2 is not measuring the ball speed correctly.

The other way is to go get your ball speed measured some place else and compare to the numbers your unit is giving.

70jr
    js thanks for coming on in the morning you are a big help.

70jr
    js come to think of it when i was in sim play driver ball speeds where 171-176 but when i was in fitting mode my ball speed was only 165-168. can you play with that and see if you get the same numbers in sim play as you do in fitting mode because the ball speed was the same in practice and sim play but different in fitting mode.

70jr
    kball do you see that being true too?

I have a pretty heavy mat it doesn't move much - I am also in my garage so concrete underneath. I think others on this forum have mentioned using double sided carpet tape to keep the mat from moving.

I do get good numbers from my unit especially with the irons- my only issue is in certain low backpin spin shots I think the carry goes a bit too far. For example, I have hit a few drivers with <2000 back spin that seemed to carry longer than I think they really would. Otherwise, I am very happy with the unit. Its really a great little machine...

70jr
    i am going to build a platform this weekend and use carpet tape so the mat does not move at all. I think I just need to do a better job of finding out about the unit. I keep saying this but I was on the unit at foresight longer than I have been on mine and theirs was perfect. I also keep saying this as soon as I set up everything I think my unit will be fine. This weekend I am going to be working on setting this thing up. Will keep you posted, also I do not hit any drives under 2600 so I cannot comment on the yardage for you.

Balls Speed should be the same everywhere. I have had the unit for a year and would have noticed this.

One thing you have to realize when playing on a course vs the range. On a course the software will take in to account elevation and wind if you have it on. So if you are on an elevated tee it will adjust the carry distances appropriately. Same with an uphill approach shot.

If you want to get best carry numbers - I would use the Foresight Range which is flat.

THe other thing you can do is turn on the audio on the GC2 so you can hear the ball speeds and carry number spoken out even when connected to a computer. THis number is what teh GC2 would report on its own. Just press the button on the righ side of the unit.

When on course this will tell you the carry difference that the software applied to your shot based on elevation, wind, etc.

70jr
    i have never done that, also do you have the wait for spin box checked?

70jr
    If you can hit 10 balls in both the fitting mode and practice mode with the same club and see if the numbers are the same.

Yes, I have the wait for Spin ON. What this does is tells the software to use the GC2's carry algorithm vs using the software's which from my usage all last year is a lot better especially with the driver carry numbers.

THe only thing the software does when this is on is take into account elevation, wind, etc. The base carry number is derived by the GC2.

70jr
    i thought you had wait for spin on, i do too. Well if you can please see if the numbers are the same and i will do the same tonight and see what i come up with.

70jr - I will try this but it will be in a few days as I am going away today.

I would try the audio thing as the balls speeds spoken out should be exact or very close because of rounding differences by the unit vs the software.

70jr
    i will try the sound tonight.

Thread Information