CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CG2 problems?

Gap Wedge imanidiot is on a distinguished road

CG2 problems?

So we had a demo day at the club today and the Calaway guys had the trackman which seemed really accurate but Im not sure how well it would work for me with a limited flight into the hitting screen but it seemed very nice.

The Titliest guys had the CG2 there and I hit over 30 driver with about 8 different drivers. Of the 30 drivers I hit probably only 3 registered with the CG2. We reset the machine twice and the rep had no solutions. My ball speed was about 160-165 (trackman and the 2 CG2 captures confirmed) and was wondering if this was just a too fast speed that it just wasn't getting it? This was the reps statement as it seemed to work for almost every other player. Has anyone else experienced this or has anyone else used this device with those ball speeds and found similar problems?

On another note the new white R11's are pretty dang sweet. Nice feel and I kinda liked the white look.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imanidiot View Post
    So we had a demo day at the club today and the Calaway guys had the trackman which seemed really accurate but Im not sure how well it would work for me with a limited flight into the hitting screen but it seemed very nice.

The Titliest guys had the CG2 there and I hit over 30 driver with about 8 different drivers. Of the 30 drivers I hit probably only 3 registered with the CG2. We reset the machine twice and the rep had no solutions. My ball speed was about 160-165 (trackman and the 2 CG2 captures confirmed) and was wondering if this was just a too fast speed that it just wasn't getting it? This was the reps statement as it seemed to work for almost every other player. Has anyone else experienced this or has anyone else used this device with those ball speeds and found similar problems?

On another note the new white R11's are pretty dang sweet. Nice feel and I kinda liked the white look.

I suspect a faulty machine. I have not heard the GC2 to have any issues like that.

Gap Wedge imanidiot is on a distinguished road
    well it was really weird since everyone I watched hit it worked. Except me. He also said he had it for over a year and never had this problem before...

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I would also suspect something going on with that machine or the flash was going on the unit. My machine has registered a bunch in the 155-165 range - although I have never seen it over that as of yet.

The one thing I will say is that you have to be carefull to place the ball within the grid. Sometimes the light is green but if you place the ball close to the edge of the area that it can see sometimes it will not see the shot. Your experience seems excessive with it reading so few - so I doubt this was the case.

pretty much all the GOlf Oem's are using the Gc2 for some of their fittings so I would find it hard to belive that it would have trouble in that ball speed range - that is about the average ballspeed for tour players.

70jr
    This was my problem with the unit until I turned the mat upside down so I was not standing on it. When I would swing and transition my weight from the right side to the left my mat on carpet was moving and the drives and some irons were not reading. So I would start and it would have the green light and then I would hit and it did not read. After getting off the mat and standing on something else it was able to read every shot just fine and I was averaging ball speeds of 168 and I got one all the way up to 173. I hope to get my room all setup before my brother comes down in two weeks. Then I will be able to show live video of his kind of power.

That's a great point about the mat or rug moving on the transition - I actually never thought of that being an issue but it does make sense as the gc2 has to lock in on the ball - especially in your case with that kind of force going at the ball. That's some serious ball speed!

Nice to have some other GC2 owners on here now - am interested to here your take once you get it all setup.

70jr
    when both of us went to golfsmith there was a vector there and i was in the 158-165 and he was in the 187-192. He is 6'3 almost 300 pounds and he can hit it a looooooooog way out of bounds

You guys are gorilla's. I would love to see your swings.

70jr
    I will post a vid of him in 2 weeks for you bubba

70jr
    i have a good swing, was that you and tiger i saw bubba if so you have a good swing.

that's awesome - hopefully your house is built well !!!

I was talking to Foresight a few weeks ago about the situation of high ball speeds based on the discussions here - they said the GC2 shouldn't have a problem - said they had a long drive guy at the PGA show that registered ball speeds higher than that. ALso mentioned that they have a few +2 handicap college kids doing testing on the unit that are in the 170 ball speed range consistently.

70jr
    Cory said the screen with hold so i will find out in a couple of weeks and z and i have been talking and i think we have worked out protection for my walls and the window. Only time will tell if I did enough. JS my brother is over 175 every time and he just got the R11 yesterday so who knows how big he is now.

that's some serious speed but I also think you will be fine. I have an impact screen and bought some high density carpet pad that I hung right behind my screen that seems to take much of the blow away from the screen itself.

I don't have anywhere near that kind of ball speed but I have gone through one impact screen in a year and it was because of the wedges that I hit that eventually put holes in my screen(up high). Granted I hit a ton more wedge shot vs. Drivers but I think the higher spin of wedges actually does more damage to a screen especially if your balls are a bit shredded.

70jr
    I just bought 72 of the penta's they are buy 2 get 1 free right now at golfsmith. so i will have new balls. the impact screen i also believe will be fine.

70jr
    js how long have you hd the gc?

70jr
    I am having problems with the putter. I do not have it all setup so i cannot confirm this but I have been hitting puts that I am 15-16’ away and I hit it and it runs by the hole and on my next put I am 12’ away going back the other way and then I had two other 4 foot puts that went 5 feet on my hitting mat and it said I was 1.4’ short and it was not going uphill. I really have only been on the sim for all but 3 days 1 hour at a time but last night I was having 4 and 5 puts and that never happens. JS I was wondering if you had a chance to play pebble last night and see if this was a problem for you?

70jr
    Bubba i saw a video on Utube and it said bubba vs Tiger was that you?

No wasn't me. Do you have a link?

70jr
    i will look for it at home

70jr - I did some putting testing tonight and see what you mean - for short putts under 4ft it seems like the simulation is using a different green speed - Slower - and then for anything longer say 10 ft and up the greens seem a lot faster -more inline with what a pro courses should be maybe 11-12 on the stimp. I have never noticed this before as i have mine on auto gimme from 8ft.

I think this is a bug in the software as I tried it on a few different courses and short putts seem to simulate a bit shorter than I would expect. I would give them a call and tell them this - I will also mention next time I speak to them - hopefully it can be addressed in the next update.

by the way did you get the latest update with Rough Penalty and the new green mini map that shows the elevation changes of the greens

To answer your other question - I have had my gc2 for about a year now.

70jr
    when i went to foresight i did play with that version of the software that had rough penalty and i thought when i used my putter it was correct. When i was down there 3 weeks ago they said that the new software update was going to be out in a week but i have not downloaded anything new just the disc i got. i am looking into this right now

let me know what you find out

70jr
    i am on their page but i do not see which one to download what one did you download

I was sent an email with a link to download the file update - this is how I have received all my updates since I bought the unit.

I haven't used their download section of their website as of yet - Did they give you a username and password for it?

70jr
    yes i have a username and password.

70jr
    i am in right now

70jr
    just need to know what file name they told you and then i will download that one

70jr
    sorry i just looked in the options box and i have it i just did not have it selected

are you saying you have the newest version installed already? And just didn't have rough penalties or the green mini grid enabled in the options menu?

70jr
    JS the green grid had been selected just the penalties had not. i am going on vacation over the weekend so i will not be able to get to it until late sunday night

Thread Information