CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CG2 problems?

70jr
    okay kball i was in fitting mode today so i could keep track of every club and right now with the mat not tide down to anything i am about 12 yards short total dist. with every club. i am going to take care of the mat this weekend and will get back if carry goes up because of that.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    JS1010,

I have not had the opportunity to take the GC2 outside, but I do plan on doing this in order to try and determine if the GC2 yardages are short. I have been measuring my carry yardages into greens by using my Sky Caddie SGX - initial results appear to confirm that the GC2 is short when estimating carry yardage.

Referencing turning the volume up on the GC2 when using the GC2 simulation software. I have done this and I am getting different carry yardages from the GC2 voice and what is displayed by the simulation software on the screen. This is occurring when using the Foresight Sports driving range. The GC2 announced carry yardage is longer than what the simulation software indicates. I have the wait for spin feature on.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That's weird. Are the distances the same with the driving range vs the Custom play courses? Do verify the distance on an outdoor range and let us know.

70jr
    kball when i was hitting balls in the range with voice on my unit was only saying that the ball was carrying +-1.2 yards. That is not that far off, but the unit is off only with the irons the driver is fine.

70jr
    bubba it is the same distances for me in both the range and the sim. is your drive coming up short too kball?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Kball, do you have the latest firmware update for you GC2 . I believe you have to have version 2.0.17 firmware or new on the GC2 for the wait for spin feature to work.

If you don't have this firmware then the software is doing the distance calculation (which drivers do come up short) - this would give you a discrepancy between the gc2 audio and the software as they are each doing there own distance calculations.

You should be able to verify the firmware by restarting teh gc2 and watching the display. Or you can just download the most recent firmware and install.

70jr
    js when i just started mine up it said 2.0.12 i will look for a newer one online.

Thread Information