CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: GSA Golf Update

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    FYI...I've been going back and forth with red chain for a little while now prodding them to release the latest courses to Martin. They've been busy, and also wanted to wait for one new course to be finished off which should happen shortly. Then Dean will be sending a new batch of courses over to Martin including Congressional, Aronomink, Canterbury, Belvedere Woods, Del Paso C.C., Somerset Hills, and a few others. Looking at the 24 Hr. gaming site, Somerset Hills looks really nice. I know the GC2 folks already have Congressional and (I think) Aronomink...I'm looking forward to trying those.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    That's awesome. Thanks for the update rdh.

Martin just got 10 new courses for GSA. He will need some time to make the DVDs. My guess is we will have to pay for shipping($7-10?). It would be nice to get them next week, but with holidays, it might be a little longer.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Sweet, I had recently sent him $10 extra a week ago anticipating this. Good news. Thanks.

Correction: Looks like it's via snail mail or pigeon carrier.

Email sent asking for a download link.

Ask and you shall receive. check your email.

Playing Culebrita right now. Nice course. Change of pace.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    This week I've finally gotten a chance to try a few of the new courses released for GSA Golf. There are some nice ones in there!

Here's one request I sent to Dean. He said he likes it but at this point they're holding all enhancements for the new engine, which he said is still a few months away from being able to show screenshots or anything...

I think the software looks much better with trees swaying in the wind and the water rippling. The problem is that I always play with wind turned off because I find it silly to have wind affect the ball when you're standing in a garage and can't feel the wind to orient yourself to it. Just like I turned off sidehill lie effects...again, I found it silly for the ball flight to react to a sidehill lie when you are standing flat and often can't tell that you have a sidehill lie. Anyway... I told Dean I'd love a setting to turn on wind just for visual effect (make the trees sway, etc.) without affecting the ball flight. Hopefully it will be there in the next release.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Looks like we maybe getting profiles after all. This is great news for the cCam.

27th. January 2012
    New GSA Golf system software
    GSA Control Panel 7.2.6 new camera functions
    Many new features in both the GSA Golf System software as well as in the new GSA Control Panel
    Features include:
    1. The control panel's full graphics swing analysis window can now be shown after the GSA Golf system's analysis window closes.
    (The feature is optional. Switch on/off in the Control Panel)
    You can also re-call the full graphics swing analysis window from the GSA Golf Game itself without having to switch back to the control panel.
    2. Player names are now passed back from GSA Golf to the GSA control panel which will be used to assign club sets with varying specs and dimensions
    3. Surface lie type (i.e. Sand, rough, tee box etc) is now passed back to the control panel which will allow the control panel to make modifications to the launch angle when using sand and rough panels and the tee height.

Yup, I mentioned in the GGS club cam thread that the player's name could be used to assign club sets.

#3 is a great idea for people that have sand and rough panels. You and I talked about that a long time ago in the GGS thread.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    I'm glad you said that! I couldn't think of the benefit and the light bulb went off. Yes, very cool. These are some good additions which will allow for much more customization. Which is always a good thing.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    This is a good step forward for GSA.

Yup, it'll basically allow us to set launch positions for rough and sand panels. Similar to how we set the putting launch position. But keep in mind that until you have spin axis measurements, shots from rough and sand panels will not be accurate. Perhaps, the software should just have the ball flight be straight when the club is not measured. I find it difficult to work the ball when hitting out of the rough anyway.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yes I agree, spin measurements are definitely needed when no club measurements are done.

So is #2 on the new update list what we wanted as far as autocaddy is concerned? I haven't figured out a way to change what club autocaddy suggest for different people yet in GSA.

No, not for autocaddie. It can be used for club adjustments for the club cam. Maybe for different ball speed settings for each player also.

Ohhh, now I get it.

Makes sense, since I believe any adjustments to autocaddie from Martin would've come from Red Chain, and we would've heard something about that.

Exactly. That request would cost money and Red Chain is probably too busy anyway.

Thread Information